Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2007   #41
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Espn???

ESPN is back to their usual ways with us...

So I've been watching and first I hear Ole Skip say "The Texans are forever going to regret taking Mario Williams over Vince Young."

Okay first off...Mario did excellent on sunday, so that just goes COMPLETELY ignored because Vince had a pretty good day too. Vince is about as consistent as Mario.

Second... the guy Always praises Schaub so much. So he is contradicting himself by saying that, because that means Schaub will fail if we are going to regret passing on Young.

Okay than on NFL Live, they go on to talk about the playoff race... so guess what...they literally assess each team in the race...when it comes to the Texans...nope. The only thing they say "and the Texans are with the 5-5 group with te Browns) yet they didn't even assess our situation like they did the other 6 teams...

ESPN just hopes we fail so they can brag about us not having Bush. They are mad because we didn't make Bush 'The One'. I have a feeling if we did, they would always praise us as "This team is going to be really good in the future." as it is we are just another team to them, and we are hardly ever mentioned.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #42
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard Emmitt Smith say the Texans will be the toughest team for the Broncos to beat with their remaining schedule on MNF, but lets look at this formula.... houston team + the south + mario over the other guys + expansion team + moronic hysterical east coast bias media coverage = no Texans love on big networks...This makes it all greater if we make the playoffs and the networks are forced to hype our games.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #43
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure they already had their script written and the video all ready to show how bad the New Orleans Bushes beat up on poor helpless Mario and the Texans. When that didn't happen they just didn't know what to say, so they said nothing at all. How many times have you watched ESPN only to hear them mention a player who hasn't been with the team for two season or IR for three weeks mentioned during their matchup section? I'm just pissed because this is all that we get in the military! I sure wish the Texans would snub ESPathetic when they are winning and contending.

Last edited by euro-Texan; 11-21-2007 at 04:11 AM. Reason: typo
euro-Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #44
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I heard Emmitt Smith say the Texans will be the toughest team for the Broncos to beat with their remaining schedule on MNF, but lets look at this formula.... houston team + the south + mario over the other guys + expansion team + moronic hysterical east coast bias media coverage = no Texans love on big networks...This makes it all greater if we make the playoffs and the networks are forced to hype our games.
Sounds like Emmitt was on to something. The greatest aspect of this win tonight is that ESPN and everyone is forced to acknowledge Super Mario, therefore, they will be forced to snack on some crow. Mario had an outstanding game on the only game of the night, so even with the mitchell report, PTI, around the horn and all the other bias hype machines will have to give Mario props.
Old 12-14-2007   #45
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
Sounds like Emmitt was on to something. The greatest aspect of this win tonight is that ESPN and everyone is forced to acknowledge Super Mario, therefore, they will be forced to snack on some crow. Mario had an outstanding game on the only game of the night, so even with the mitchell report, PTI, around the horn and all the other bias hype machines will have to give Mario props.
They are not eating their crow so far.

I just watched 1st & 10 and they talked about Mario. Skip and that other guy Rob Parker or whatever the hell his name is.

The question was asked "Was Mario the right pick?" guess what...still not the right pick to them...why?

Skip says simply "You have to take the hometown guy." Really...so I wonder why we didn't take Addai? Or any other guys from Houston in the 06 draft. This excuse is lame because they are refusing to eat their crow. To Skips credit he did say after that "But it was between Bush and Mario."

The other guy...oh boy. He said we will regret this. He said VY is a franchise changer or whatever(compared him to Michael Jordan except Jordan literally carried his team and VY hampers them a bit). And Mario Williams IS NOT a Lawrence Taylor...he's right about that, Mario isn't a LB, i'm thinking Mario is more of a Reggie White.

He also said "We needed the ticket sales." wow what a 'expert' to completely ignore the Texans ticket sale history. He also said the its about winningand 500 isn't winning. Almost acts as if VY has everything to do with the Titans being 7-6 and like we don't lead the NFL in players on IR.

I'm tired of this notion that the QB position that is most important. All positions on the field are equally important IMO. A great Safety can make ALL the difference (ask the colts) a great LB can make all the difference, a great LT can make all the difference (ask the Browns, maybe THomas isn't great but he's pretty good) hell even a great FB can make all the difference in the world (Ask the Seahawks and Shaun Alexander).

These guys better hurry and eat this crow while its hot, its much harder to swallow when it gets too cold.
Old 12-14-2007   #46
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I still don't see how they figure we can sell more tickets than a sell out. We have sold out 59 games straight. That's every game in our history and in 2 weeks it's going to be 60 straight games.

Last edited by Overalls; 12-21-2007 at 11:47 PM.
Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #47
euro-Texan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
They are not eating their crow so far.

I just watched 1st & 10 and they talked about Mario. Skip and that other guy Rob Parker or whatever the hell his name is.

The question was asked "Was Mario the right pick?" guess what...still not the right pick to them...why?

Skip says simply "You have to take the hometown guy." Really...so I wonder why we didn't take Addai? Or any other guys from Houston in the 06 draft. This excuse is lame because they are refusing to eat their crow. To Skips credit he did say after that "But it was between Bush and Mario."

The other guy...oh boy. He said we will regret this. He said VY is a franchise changer or whatever(compared him to Michael Jordan except Jordan literally carried his team and VY hampers them a bit). And Mario Williams IS NOT a Lawrence Taylor...he's right about that, Mario isn't a LB, i'm thinking Mario is more of a Reggie White.

He also said "We needed the ticket sales." wow what a 'expert' to completely ignore the Texans ticket sale history. He also said the its about winningand 500 isn't winning. Almost acts as if VY has everything to do with the Titans being 7-6 and like we don't lead the NFL in players on IR.

I'm tired of this notion that the QB position that is most important. All positions on the field are equally important IMO. A great Safety can make ALL the difference (ask the colts) a great LB can make all the difference, a great LT can make all the difference (ask the Browns, maybe THomas isn't great but he's pretty good) hell even a great FB can make all the difference in the world (Ask the Seahawks and Shaun Alexander).

These guys better hurry and eat this crow while its hot, its much harder to swallow when it gets too cold.
So when the VY hype blows over and he doesn't pan out, whoes fault will it be. Norm Chow and the Titans or will ESPN say that not playing for his hometown team somehow scarred him and the Texans ruined him. I feel guilty already
Old 12-14-2007   #48
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Espn???

Turn on NFLN. TOTAL Texans love, it's great
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #49
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Jim Rome just owned up to it. I don't prarticulrly like Romes' format, but I respect the guy for admitting he made mistake. Most of the ESPN guys are punks. They are becoming more and more illrelievant. They treat the football fans like crap. If you're not an all sport all the time guy, they'd just as soon dump you as placate you.

Outside of the live footbll games, the only show they have I want to see is NFL live. You'll notice there is never a set time to record the show. They always have games on that pushes the start time all over the place. So...either you have to be a fifeth avenue guy who can stop in the middle of the day to watch it in the afternoon or you don't watch it. So I got it Disney Sport channel. Put your finger away. I'm already shuffeling down the road. The don't do that to the baseball or basketball shows . Only football. There is a reason their market share is collapsing. It is a self inflicted wound. They'd rather go down the toilette than admit a mistake.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 12-14-2007 at 01:27 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #50
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Lol at Around The Horn.

It wasn't even a topic up for discussion today...yet it was on EVERY OTHER show Around The Horn just decided to ignore it.

I just find that funny how every show has talked about it on ESPN, yet here comes Around the Horn and...what no Mario... I feel like Emailing those guys. Mario needs to go out and get about 2 sacks on Peyton in a win, doubters will shut up then.
Old 12-14-2007   #51
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He also said "We needed the ticket sales." wow what a 'expert' to completely ignore the Texans ticket sale history.
Actually, I don't think he was too far off there. If the Texans put a litmus test on all season ticketholders and people entering the stadium had to be Texan fans, Reliant probably would be maybe 80% full or so.

Basically, what I am saying is, you are completely discounting the fact that a sizable portion of the ticket draw is related to the Texans opponent and that secondary market by ticket brokers.

Just because all the tickets are sold doesn't mean that they are all Texan fans. Factor out the opposing fans buying up tickets, the Texans have a hard to filling the house.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #52
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
Actually, I don't think he was too far off there. If the Texans put a litmus test on all season ticketholders and people entering the stadium had to be Texan fans, Reliant probably would be maybe 80% full or so.
It still doesn't change the fact that the Texans have sold out tickets for 59 games in a row now.
Old 12-14-2007   #53
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 167815 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Turn on NFLN. TOTAL Texans love, it's great

I didn't want to go to bed last night. They showed highlights all night and the locker room scene of him getting the game ball and subsequent speech, his interview at the NFLN sideline booth, all night, all Mario. Damn that was fun.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #54
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 167815 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lol at Around The Horn.

It wasn't even a topic up for discussion today...yet it was on EVERY OTHER show Around The Horn just decided to ignore it.

I just find that funny how every show has talked about it on ESPN, yet here comes Around the Horn and...what no Mario... I feel like Emailing those guys. Mario needs to go out and get about 2 sacks on Peyton in a win, doubters will shut up then.
It was a topic the day before. The question was "Do we owe Mario an apology?" ALL FOUR, Woody, Jay, the wingnut from Dallas (can't imagine why) , and the fourth guy gave a resounding NO for an answer. They said Houston still should have gone after VY. Reali (sp) was even a little shocked.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #55
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Lol at Around The Horn.

The 3rd showdown question was supposed to be about mario, but they didn't get that far.
Old 12-14-2007   #56
austintexanite
All Pro

I think Salisbury Steak was eating some crow on Sportscenter. That guy is the biggest tool out there.
Old 12-14-2007   #57
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I didn't want to go to bed last night. They showed highlights all night and the locker room scene of him getting the game ball and subsequent speech, his interview at the NFLN sideline booth, all night, all Mario. Damn that was fun.

that was great alright
i loled when gary gave mario the game ball and everybody made mario reluctantly give the speech..and when he stands up, some coach (gary maybe?) tells him to sit down... classic
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read