Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2007   #1
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 3454 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Implication of Week 11

We will be only 1 game out of the AFC wildcard game (tied with cleveland) if the titans lose Monday, and we beat Cleveland (with the titans winning in week 11)

We will be tied with Tenn/Cleveland for a wildcard spot if they lose monday, lose @ Cincinnati (week 11) and we win next week.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace
buffalo is about to be tied with us at .500

Old 11-18-2007   #2
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Implication of Week 11

Welcome to the AFC, where if you can't win your division, you have to win 11 games...
Old 11-18-2007   #3
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected

Playoff?!?

Aren't we suppose to talk about who to choose with our top ten pick around this time of year?
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #4
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 3454 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Russ View Post
Playoff?!?

Aren't we suppose to talk about who to choose with our top ten pick around this time of year?
LMAO...ik i loved that kind of talk after losing a few so I had to supply some balance
Old 11-18-2007   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

The Bills scored. Comeback Part II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #6
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

It would take a real twist of fate, but I think we could pull it off. We desperately need to beat Tennesee and Jacksonville. If we are lucky, we might be able to sneak in a win over an injury ridden Colts team which in the best case scenario would leave us at .500 in the division.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #7
ChrisG
Road Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
The Bills scored. Comeback Part II!
yea right...they are the BILLS - they blow almost every game in the 4th QT...so don't expect a come back. I can't wait for work tomorrow - I have so many people to rip on , they all fought me today saying the game would be close or the bills would win

Sponsored links
Old 11-18-2007   #8
ChrisG
Road Fan

if we are tied for a wildcard spot with a AFC-S team it goes by division record, so we need to win some division games!! I can't wait for a chance at Tenn again - to bad i can't attend TNT pt 2
Old 11-18-2007   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Cleveland, Tennessee and Jacksonville are MUST wins. If we lose 1 of those..we're pretty much out of it. The Jacksonville game in Week 17 might have a LOT of weight to it.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Freaking AFC West

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #11
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

If we can beat Cleveland next week then we will have a huge game the following week at Tennessee. That game will easily be the biggest game in the history of this franchise. But, one game at a time. I'm going to enjoy this one for a while and bask in the renewed hope.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #12
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
If we can beat Cleveland next week then we will have a huge game the following week at Tennessee. That game will easily be the biggest game in the history of this franchise. But, one game at a time. I'm going to enjoy this one for a while and bask in the renewed hope.
Can we please stop using this phrase? We have had about 3 "biggest game in franchise history"s this year.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #13
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
Can we please stop using this phrase? We have had about 3 "biggest game in franchise history"s this year.
Don't worry, we'll have at least 6 more.
Old 11-18-2007   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
Which shows us what kind of sorry state the franchise has been in for years now

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #15
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

I'm not even thinking about the playoffs right now. I just hope we win 8 games.

I'm thinking about Cleveland. I know the players are supposed to take it one game at a time, but I just saw the Browns next. That's who we gotta beat.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
I'm not even thinking about the playoffs right now. I just hope we win 8 games.
Exactly. For us to make the playoffs we have to win five out of the next six. As much as I love the Texans, I don't see that happening.

I will be very happy with an 8-8 (or better) record just so it will show the Texans are no longer losers.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #17
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Exactly. For us to make the playoffs we have to win five out of the next six. As much as I love the Texans, I don't see that happening.

I will be very happy with an 8-8 (or better) record just so it will show the Texans are no longer losers.
No way, man. I want the playoffs! Why not this year?
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read