Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2007   #21
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The OD "fumble"

It was very very close as to if his knee was down before he fumbled. In the end I thought he was down but the ref made the right call on field in real time.

As far as the recovery...the ball clearly is inbetween Daniels' arm and his body touching both at a standstill. Truthfully I don't know if this constitutes "Possession" or not. I'll be the refs couldn't overturn it because they didn't have indisputable evidence that OD actually had possession of the ball. Even if he's laying on top of it doesn't mean he has possession.

I'm okay with the call as it was called on the field...but feel it probably should have been overturned. It was a tough one though.

There were just a lot of bad calls that game...I saw a lot of holding that didn't get called. But like someone said above...I'll take all the bad calls in the world so long as we win!!! All it does is hurt us 'stats' wise that is really overanalyzed and insignificant. As long as it doesn't hurt any of our guys confidence...they will make up for it the next game. Let's go win another!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #22
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Really and truly, as a fan of Houston sports, you almost have to expect iffy calls to go the way of the other team, until we really start kicking other teams around on a consistent basis. I know a lot of you were here during the Oilers, and there were always bad calls going against the Oilers back then. The Rockets pretty much had the same thing, until Hakeem had been in the league for a good little bit (5+ years). Really, I've just come to expect it, and I just think that the sooner a lot of us come to accept bad officiating, the sooner we'll be able to just enjoy the games on Sundays.

Also, if you think that there's a bad call against houston, drink a beer. Best drinking game ever.
Old 11-19-2007   #23
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimeTexanFan View Post
I'm a little surprised they didn't move the camera off of Kubiak because I could definately see what he was saying.
He either said:
"That's *********g horse****"

or

"Those pants make your *** look big."

One of the two. My lip reading skills are rusty.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #24
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally thought it was probably one of the best officiated games I've seen with the Texans playing in a while. I can understand a few bad calls against your team but sometimes they get rediculous.
Old 11-19-2007   #25
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 470 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
He fumbled, the ball was coming loose right after he got hit in his nose & just before his right knee hit. It was the right call, it was just one of those bang-bang plays.

The fumble mario caused was the bogus call b/c stinchcomb didn't have posession, if anything Kau had it & Cochran got it from him. The only thing stinchcomb did was fall on Kalu & try to take it from him.
Agreed. Regardless of which way the refs call it, these two plays have to be called the same way don't they?
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #26
Ckw

All I can say is Kubiak made my dreams come true with the passion he showed after that play. Sometimes Kubiak is just a little to laid back for my tastes. I like knowing that he has a mean side to him and really knows how to let somebody have it. Lets me know he is probably giving his players the same type of thing when they are goofing up.
Old 11-19-2007   #27
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

what is with everyone thinking we need to have a bunch of kyle turleys & bob knights on our team? when mario was struggling last year some said it was b/c he doesn't play with a mean streak/enough fire etc.., & b/c kubes doesn't punch the ref on every bad call, he's a little laid back, or he's letting too much go & not fighting for his players.

I understand the appeal, but that's not our guys' makeup, & not everyone goes about playing/coaching that way.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2007   #28
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He fumbled, the ball was coming loose right after he got hit in his nose & just before his right knee hit. It was the right call, it was just one of those bang-bang plays.
This is what I thought, as well.
Old 11-19-2007   #29
Ckw

Quote:
what is with everyone thinking we need to have a bunch of kyle turleys & bob knights on our team? when mario was struggling last year some said it was b/c he doesn't play with a mean streak/enough fire etc.., & b/c kubes doesn't punch the ref on every bad call, he's a little laid back, or he's letting too much go & not fighting for his players.

I understand the appeal, but that's not our guys' makeup, & not everyone goes about playing/coaching that way.
That's not at all what I was saying. But I do believe a coach needs to have that fire, at least most coaches, to get the job done. Just my opinion. Personally, I love Kubiak. I think he is great for the franchise. My only point was I like seeing him dish it out a little when he really feels something is messed up. I like that. It was a compliment, not a chance for me to bash Kubiak.
Old 11-19-2007   #30
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
This is what I thought, as well.
I thought it was a fumble but I also thought he had his hands around the ball and it was on his leg, that is what irked me off more than anything.
Old 11-19-2007   #31
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I thought it was a fumble but I also thought he had his hands around the ball and it was on his leg, that is what irked me off more than anything.
I thought this as well. He was on the ground with his arm around the ball. I would've called it a fumble recovered by OD downed by contact. At least it didn't cause a loss.

I hope OD heals quickly. I know how a broken nose feels. It'll be tough to breath through it for a while. I reckon he'll keep the shield on his helmet. It obviously doesn't bother his performance. OD's money.
Old 11-19-2007   #32
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 38001 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreTexan View Post
The Ref's were definatly saints fans....but Texans still got the big victory
nonsense

if the refs were Saints fans, they could've overturned the Reggie fumble. They could've called a couple of PI penalties on bang-bang plays by the Texans secondary.

The officiating wasn't great.... but it wasn't great for BOTH teams.
RazorOye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #33
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorOye View Post
nonsense

if the refs were Saints fans, they could've overturned the Reggie fumble. They could've called a couple of PI penalties on bang-bang plays by the Texans secondary.

The officiating wasn't great.... but it wasn't great for BOTH teams.
*cough*Hutchins in the Endzone*cough*

*cough*Bennet at the end of the game*cough*

both very very close plays...that in the end were phenominal defensive stands.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #34
RazorOye
Ayo

Rep Power: 38001 RazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respectedRazorOye is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
*cough*Hutchins in the Endzone*cough*

*cough*Bennet at the end of the game*cough*

both very very close plays...that in the end were phenominal defensive stands.
none of which contradicts or disputes my premise:

the refs were not "Saints fans"

to claim such is nonsense
Old 11-19-2007   #35
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
That was the biggiest joke I have ever seen on a play in my life as far as replay.

what kind of drugs were the refs doing. I am sorry but that was some BS I have never seen in my entire life. My dog who is blind and has alsymers see's better than that crap.

He should be fined and or suspended. It was more obvious than a paris hitlon dress.
How much bigger is biggiest than biggest?

I agree with you completely.

I even yelled out to Mike, the head ref, before a kickoff. He actually tried to explain his point to me. Everyone was like wtf, because they usually ignore people. Weird. He kept trying to reassure me that it was the correct call.

I am still fuming over the OD fumble and then the Mario sack-fumble.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #36
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
none of which contradicts or disputes my premise:

the refs were not "Saints fans"

to claim such is nonsense

Of course the refs aren't Saints' fans. However, what I think is reality, is a general disrespect of the Texans which sometimes can cause the ref to give the opposing team the benefit of the doubt. We just need to improve and that will change. Certainly, though, it is very frustrating. But, hey, at least it's not the NBA, where preferential treatment is intentional.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #37
RazorOye
Ayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Of course the refs aren't Saints' fans. However, what I think is reality, is a general disrespect of the Texans which sometimes can cause the ref to give the opposing team the benefit of the doubt. We just need to improve and that will change. Certainly, though, it is very frustrating. But, hey, at least it's not the NBA, where preferential treatment is intentional.
dale - love the handle - idolized Murphy while growing up and still venerate him as legendary

i disagree completely with the post, though

regardless of intent, the end result - you are claiming - is the same: that the referees (for whatever reason) called the game completely in favor of the Saints

A visit to the Saints board will dispel that quickly

I don't think either team was given preferential treatment
Old 11-19-2007   #38
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
How much bigger is biggiest than biggest?

I agree with you completely.

I even yelled out to Mike, the head ref, before a kickoff. He actually tried to explain his point to me. Everyone was like wtf, because they usually ignore people. Weird. He kept trying to reassure me that it was the correct call.

I am still fuming over the OD fumble and then the Mario sack-fumble.
Geez Hookem needs to add spell check because I would have sworn I hit the back space to delete that "I".
Old 11-19-2007   #39
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
dale - love the handle - idolized Murphy while growing up and still venerate him as legendary

i disagree completely with the post, though

regardless of intent, the end result - you are claiming - is the same: that the referees (for whatever reason) called the game completely in favor of the Saints

A visit to the Saints board will dispel that quickly

I don't think either team was given preferential treatment
While I respect your opinion, there is some history with Shaft's buddy' Mike Carey (head referee) and the Texans...

For those Texans fans that dont recall, think 'football move' a couple of years ago..
Old 11-19-2007   #40
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

If you go around and read other teams boards (which I never did much in the past but have done this season a little more) then you notice a common pattern among fans regardless of the team they are following. "The Refs are against us" and "We always get bad calls against us".

I'm sure you guys all know this already but nobody has a monopoly on bad calls. I think you should just accept that you'll have two or three things in every game that are just a complete travesty and get on with it. That's what the great teams do. They go back to the huddle and come out and get you on the next down. Everybody gets the crummy calls in the NFL (unlike the NBA where some teams and particularly some players get very obvious preferential treatment) and how much it affects your team is a direct reflection of how good they are.

When you start out like the Texans did in 2002 then a false start can kill a drive dead in it's tracks. We seem to have gotten past that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read