Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2007   #1
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default The OD "fumble"

Okay, we were at a winghouse with the sound turned down - so riddle me this.

OD catches the ball, turn to start his run and gets knocked. He falls to the turf and the ball ends up between his arm and side. A Saint comes and gets the ball but then doesn't move too much further (assuming a whistle was blown).

How the heck did the Saints end up with a turnover? I thought Kubiak was gonna bust a vein on the sidelines - I could defintely read his lips.

I think the Bush turnover a the 1 later in the game was a "even steven" call. Nothing in the replay to overturn the call... I'm just saying.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #2
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1964 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The OD "fumble"

I'm a little surprised they didn't move the camera off of Kubiak because I could definately see what he was saying.
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #3
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimeTexanFan View Post
I'm a little surprised they didn't move the camera off of Kubiak because I could definately see what he was saying.
I could read his lips, too, and the game wasn't even in HD.

I'm not the biggest proponent of cussing to make a point, but it was awesome to see Gary working the refs over like that.
Old 11-18-2007   #4
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

That was the biggiest joke I have ever seen on a play in my life as far as replay.

what kind of drugs were the refs doing. I am sorry but that was some BS I have never seen in my entire life. My dog who is blind and has alsymers see's better than that crap.

He should be fined and or suspended. It was more obvious than a paris hitlon dress.
Old 11-18-2007   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
I could read his lips, too, and the game wasn't even in HD.

I'm not the biggest proponent of cussing to make a point, but it was awesome to see Gary working the refs over like that.
I got the game in HD.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #6
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

did enjoy the make-up call of reggie 'fumbling' at the GL though
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #7
HardcoreTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 HardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotHardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

The Ref's were definatly saints fans....but Texans still got the big victory
Old 11-18-2007   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreTexan View Post
I don't think the refs were favoring one team over another. I hate when fans make that accusation.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #9
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

I was wondering the same thing, i can buy the fumble thing, but how did the Saints get the ball??? OD fell on it so he was down, the ball was down under him....Seems to me it should have been a recovered fumble...I don't remember the Saints even touching the ball, yet they ended up with it...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #10
HardcoreTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 HardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotHardcoreTexan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I don't think the refs were favoring one team over another. I hate when fans make that accusation.
Some of those calls were just off the wall
Old 11-18-2007   #11
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
A good officiating crew leaves a game hated by both sides. Which seems to be the case today.
Old 11-18-2007   #12
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Some of those calls were just off the wall
Does anyone here even know that we are different posters on this board?
Old 11-18-2007   #13
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of the Saints fans on the Saints board http://blackandgold.com/forums/ are complaining about the call of the Bush fumble at the one. What goes around comes around coon-asses.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought both fumbles were pretty questionable calls but in both cases I think the call on the field was the determining factor. When they review it they have to see something that clearly contradicts the ruling on the field and in neither case did the reply show them a definitive view of what happened.
Old 11-18-2007   #15
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes I think in the replay era that if the ball pops out, the refs tend to call it a fumble. Because action can happen after a fumble. They would prefer to call it a fumble and get overturned, than whistle the play dead and screw up what could have happened after the fumble.

But with most fumbles, the whole knee down thing is often inconclusive from the replay.

So the moral of the story is:

Especially in the replay era, hold on to the ball even after you knee hits. Don't give the ref an opportunity to suggest it is a fumble. (Not that I'm beyotching at OD cuz of his busted nose-blood fountain. Very tough performance).
Old 11-19-2007   #16
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
did enjoy the make-up call of reggie 'fumbling' at the GL though
make up call my foot. that was all hard work on Mario's part.
Old 11-19-2007   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

The fumble Mario caused was a bogus call to me. The Saints Olineman and Kalu were rolling around scrapping for the ball with both having their hands on the ball. Yet they give the ball to the Saints even after Cochran comes out of the pile with it.

Crazy, just crazy. Eh, we won and that's all that matters.
Old 11-19-2007   #18
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubiak's take on the fumble
“The thing I’m mad about, first off, is that (TE) Owen (Daniels) blows his nose up on that play. He’s got a broken nose. He’s out. Yes, he did fumble, but my contention was that he had the ball. He had the ball next to his leg with his hand on the ball. The play was over. They did reach down there and grab it away from him. I told (Referee) Mike (Carey) that not only do we think his knee might be down, but he’s got the ball. The play is over. I’ll have to go back and look at it, but I thought that the play was over, the kid was out, and he had the ball next to his side. I thought it should have been our ball. But, obviously they said I was wrong.”
I told (Referee) Mike (Carey) that not only do we think his knee might be down, but he’s got the ball. yes.... yes he did.
Old 11-19-2007   #19
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
I told (Referee) Mike (Carey) that not only do we think his knee might be down, but he’s got the ball. yes.... yes he did.
This is the only part I don't like about being at the game. I would have loved to know what the announcers were saying, and it is hard to lip read Kubiak from the 500 level.

Once again, in our rush to get out of the house we forgot to DVR it. Not that there is room on our DVR, because of all the crap my husband has taped.
Old 11-19-2007   #20
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

He fumbled, the ball was coming loose right after he got hit in his nose & just before his right knee hit. It was the right call, it was just one of those bang-bang plays.

The fumble mario caused was the bogus call b/c stinchcomb didn't have posession, if anything Kau had it & Cochran got it from him. The only thing stinchcomb did was fall on Kalu & try to take it from him.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read