Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2007   #21
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: playoffs

I'm not thinking playoffs at this point even if we do have a chance. I want to take the remaining games "one game at a time", and see what happens. A winning season will be very exciting, and very promising for next year.

We've got too many injuries still..... The win today did look pretty good!
Old 11-18-2007   #22
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

THey would have to go 5-1,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Impossible? no
Likely? not so much
But I'll be rooting for it!
I'm right there with ya .

Plus I loved that fire Kubiak showed.
Old 11-18-2007   #23
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
THey would have to go 5-1,
Let's DO IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #24
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Playoffs?! You kiddin' me?! Playoffs?! </Jim Mora>
Old 11-18-2007   #25
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58271 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think anyone will be surprised when I say I don't think we make it. I think we need to see what some of our young guys can offer us. You figure we need to win 5 of six to close out the season. Denver and Tampa are winable, but where else do you pick up a victory? Cleveland isn't an automatic and we have 3 division games which you know won't be easy.

Lets hope...

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #26
pappy
Veteran

Rep Power: 212 pappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
I don't think anyone will be surprised when I say I don't think we make it. I think we need to see what some of our young guys can offer us. You figure we need to win 5 of six to close out the season. Denver and Tampa are winable, but where else do you pick up a victory? Cleveland isn't an automatic and we have 3 division games which you know won't be easy.

Lets hope...

Mike
To have any hope we have to win all division games and win against cleveland !
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #27
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy View Post
To have any hope we have to win all division games and win against cleveland !
A win next week puts us ahead of Cleveland in the wildcard hunt. Also, let's hope Buffalo loses tonight.

As it stands now for the wildcard

Jax
Ten
Clev
Buff
Houston
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-18-2007   #28
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Why not talk playoffs?

Thats why we all watch the games right? Its not just some masochistic fetish of pain and torture that draws us to watch teams that have no hope. Right?

Why not talk playoffs? Why not us? The Texans control there own destiny. We are only 2 games out of the Wild Card. We play Cleveland who we are a game back of, Jax, and the Titans who we are two games back of.

We play Cleveland, Tenn, Tampa, Denver, Indy, and Jax.

This is not a back breaking schedule. Each team we play are all evenly matched with the Texans. The Texans have an opportunity to run the table, and that includes beating Indy in Indy.

Both teams in our division we are trailing still have games against Houston and Indy. Which means the Texans have complete control over the rest of the season assuming Indy takes care of there part.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #29
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
What's that? Uh --Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? Playoffs?
-Jim Mora
TinHeads 6-3
Cleveland is 6-4
Houston 5-5

If Denver can help us out and beat the flaming meatballs, that would push them down to a two way tie with Cleveland at 6-4, leaving the Texans one game back.

Houston plays Cleveland next week and if we win this game the Texans go 6-5 tyeing Cleveland going into a two way tie for the third position and owning the tie breaker.

The TinHeads play Cinci, I will assume they win that game going 7-4 and then playing Houston the next week setting up a huge game.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #30
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Why not talk playoffs? Why not us? The Texans control there own destiny. We are only 2 games out of the Wild Card. We play Cleveland who we are a game back of, Jax, and the Titans who we are two games back of.
We do not control our own destiny. N.E. controls it's own destiny. We need to win PLUS a whole lot of help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
If Denver can help us out and beat the flaming meatballs, that would push them down to a two way tie with Cleveland at 6-4, leaving the Texans one game back.
Case in point.

In all honesty while it would be great if we went to playoffs, we're not ready. A good example would be CLE when they came back into the league, had a young up and coming team, went to the playoffs and then totally tanked. Our team is not mentally ready yet. I think making the playoffs would be a huge set back for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #31
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

two games left and we are still mathmatically in it. very nice!!!

i think we may have a better chance catching the jags than cleveland. clev last 2 games are sf and i think cincy. and they own the tiebreaker with us.

jacksonville on the other hand plays pitt(good) then oak(bad). but if somehow they lost them both and we beat indy then we tie and we would have the same div record as them. dont know how that would play out.

so basically we are out but at least we can practice some math this late in the season. thats a first.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #32
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99925 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Playoffs?! You kiddin' me?! Playoffs?! </Jim Mora>
Dude... you stole my bit! I...I...I've ....lost ....my...faith...in...mankind! bwah ha haa! ....just playin' with ya!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #33
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
two games left and we are still mathmatically in it. very nice!!!

i think we may have a better chance catching the jags than cleveland. clev last 2 games are sf and i think cincy. and they own the tiebreaker with us.

jacksonville on the other hand plays pitt(good) then oak(bad). but if somehow they lost them both and we beat indy then we tie and we would have the same div record as them. dont know how that would play out.

so basically we are out but at least we can practice some math this late in the season. thats a first.
For us to make the playoffs:
1. We must win out(Beat Indy and Beat Jags)
2. Cleveland must lose out( Buff, Cincy, SF)
3. Buffalo must lose 2 of their 3 remaining games(Clev, NYG, Philly)
4. Tennessee must lose 2 of their remaining 3 games(KC, NYJ, Indy)

Its nice to be in mid December and getting tio think of ways for your team to get to the....

"What's that? Uh -- Playoffs? Don't talk about -- playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game!"
-Jim Mora Jr

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011

Last edited by awtysst; 12-14-2007 at 12:11 AM.
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read