Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2007   #41
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reggie Bush Appreciation Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
Please show me where i mentioned Young. You said Reggie has had more impact then Mario, Im trying to show otherwise. Mario is our best defensive lineman, leads the team in sacks, draws occasional double teams and makes plays against the run. Reggie has one of the lowest yards per touch averages in the NFL for any starting running back and hasnt scored a TD from farther then 10 yards out. Mr. Big Play himself dosnt have a run longer then 33 yards (the lenght of Mario's longest run, lol). I think its pretty obvious Reggie has been a detriment to much of N.O's offense, while Mario has at least been average.
It's a futile attempt to try and show Dream anything. His name suggests what 'state' he is in... Logic isn't a friend here..... He's always had the man-love for Reggie or Vince and drinks the hatorade for Mario.

Old 11-19-2007   #42
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: Reggie Bush Appreciation Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Bust watch:

VY: 4 TD's - 10 Ints
RB: 4 TD's - 50 ypg. rush average
MW: 5 sacks - 1 forced fumble - 1 Def. TD
Yeah, but Vince Young is 'a winner'.
Old 11-19-2007   #43
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
i'm not trying to "diminish" anything I'm just trying to be "real" about this....Mario has been less than "meh" thus far in his NFL career....people seem to forget about this, because of one good game against a struggling team with a "meh" O-Line................
The hell you're not!! You have an agenda at it does not involve Mario or reggie but another player. No one is forgetting anything in with regards to Mario, he has done some things that are very good and other things that are not so good, but he is still the most active and productive member of the Texans D-Line. Is there room for improvement, damn straight there is.

Please do not try and say you are not trying to do something when it is exactly what you are trying to do.

Go Texans and for one night only go Broncos beat the hell out of the flaming meatballs!
Old 11-19-2007   #44
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

No matter what we think of these three guys, it'll all come out in the wash in another three or four years.

In the meantime, we have Mario and not Bush or Young, so I'm rooting for Mario.

If one of the other two eventually end up on the Texans, which will not be very likely, then I'll root for them. Until that happens however, Mario is the good guy and they are the enemy.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #45
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
No matter what we think of these three guys, it'll all come out in the wash in another three or four years.

If one of the other two eventually end up on the Texans, which will not be very likely, then I'll root for them. Until that happens however, Mario is the good guy and they are the enemy.
Rep on the way. This is exactly how I feel. I REALLY hate all this rehashing. If, If , If - live the reality you have.
Old 11-20-2007   #46
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
VY: 4 TD's - 10 Ints
I guess his rushing tds don't count or how he's a constant worry for the defense so his crappy running backs can excel somewhat...........
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #47
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
The hell you're not!! You have an agenda at it does not involve Mario or reggie but another player. No one is forgetting anything in with regards to Mario, he has done some things that are very good and other things that are not so good, but he is still the most active and productive member of the Texans D-Line. Is there room for improvement, damn straight there is.

Please do not try and say you are not trying to do something when it is exactly what you are trying to do.
lol...please explain to me how I diminish mario?????.....I'm looking at this from a "realistic" approach, and realistically there's no conclusive evidence that shows that he's been a better pick than VY or Bush thus far (if you look at both seasons)......if VY and Bush are bust in most of you guys eyes then Mario should be right there with them.

In all honesty this is what I expected Mario Williams to be when we first drafted him....an okay player.....not something worth the # 1 pick in a loaded draft.....he's had 2 good games this year against the lowly chiefs and saints and everyone is ready to throw a parade for the guy.........I'm just not falling into that trap....mario still seems to lack the passion at times, and at times he just doesn't look like he has the physical tools to be a great DL......Reggie Bush to me would be a valuable weapon as long as you have some sort of power runner to go along with him, and VY has a lot of natural talent and is trying to learn the hardest position in pro-sports with bad receivers............if Mario "turns out" to be worth that #1 pick then I'll be fine, but I just don't see it in dudes ability or passion.
Sponsored links
Old 11-20-2007   #48
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess his rushing tds don't count or how he's a constant worry for the defense so his crappy running backs can excel somewhat...........
Actually, you are right for not counting his rushing TD's with Passing TD's

TD's Total = 8 (5 pass, 3 rush)
INT's Total = 12

YUP!! That strikes fear into the heart of defenses.
Old 11-20-2007   #49
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
YUP!! That strikes fear into the heart of defenses.

anytime one player requires specific approaches to be applied to him when the opposing team is preparing is a player who "is" a difference maker and someone who they are "worried" about.....
Old 11-20-2007   #50
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 6605 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Reggie Bush Appreciation Thread.

Quote:

Another Rep your way
Giant Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #51
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
lol...please explain to me how I diminish mario?????.....I'm looking at this from a "realistic" approach, and realistically there's no conclusive evidence that shows that he's been a better pick than VY or Bush thus far (if you look at both seasons)......if VY and Bush are bust in most of you guys eyes then Mario should be right there with them.

In all honesty this is what I expected Mario Williams to be when we first drafted him....an okay player.....not something worth the # 1 pick in a loaded draft.....he's had 2 good games this year against the lowly chiefs and saints and everyone is ready to throw a parade for the guy.........I'm just not falling into that trap....mario still seems to lack the passion at times, and at times he just doesn't look like he has the physical tools to be a great DL......Reggie Bush to me would be a valuable weapon as long as you have some sort of power runner to go along with him, and VY has a lot of natural talent and is trying to learn the hardest position in pro-sports with bad receivers............if Mario "turns out" to be worth that #1 pick then I'll be fine, but I just don't see it in dudes ability or passion.
couldn't the same be said about Mario? If we had safeties that were halfway decent and a CB not name D-rob to atleast come close to covering some guys .maybe to get our D-line another second or two?

All three have room to improve

I am not bashing but this is a team game(just like you stated with the other two examples, secondary needs the D-line and D-line needs the secondary
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #52
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 196 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

Quote:

The ONLY time I cheer for RB is when the Saints play Colts, Jags and Titans! Then he is a necessary enemy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read