Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Reggie Bush Appreciation Thread.

J-Russ

Veteran
15 carries, 34 yards. 2 fumbles, with one in the red zone.

premier running back? HA.

Thanks for giving the saints a non-existent running game, and forcing Brees to throw 50 passes today.

I'm sure if it wasn't for you stinking it up on the ground today, that we would have gotten the win.

Thanks again for being a bust. byeeeee

You're forgetting that Reggie Bush as a decoy gets to have half of all the offensive player stats of the 'Aints added to his.

i still don't understand how you guys could pass up on Michael Jordan in cleets. he's clearly the absolute best decoy in all of sports.

If they re-did the draft, I would still take Mario over Reggie or Vince Young. Sacks don't entirely measure the way Mario can harass a quarterback.

I might take Mario over Reggie again (Mario hasn't exactly been tearing it up either), but there's no way in hell I'd take him over Vince again....but you already knew that..............

Just returned for the game (and lunch).

There were so many great parts of this game, but the funniest was when Reggie Bush fumbled on the one yard line, and Texans fans all over the stadium stood up and started chanting "Reg-gie! Reg-gie! Reg-gie!"

I have to admit - I did participate in that. It was just too easy.

688c5f53-1131-415b-a2cd-ebb882f15b0.jpg

If they re-did the draft, I would still take Mario over Reggie or Vince Young. Sacks don't entirely measure the way Mario can harass a quarterback.

Mario was a real force in the back field today, despite only getting 1 sack and 1 forced fumble on paper. He was realling putting the pressure on at times.

I think the defensive playcalling was really good today. We allowed them to throw short passes to the middle of the field b/c we didn't want to give up any long/big plays. It was brilliant.

Bush is really good at making people miss, and he did that a few times today. I thought he'd have a really good game today, but luckily he didn't.

Mario was absolutely awesome! heck our whole defense was. I sure hope ESPN tries to exploit this and show more highlights than just the AJ catch.

:fans:

Before you diss Bush too hard think about something; part of it was his play the other part of the equation was the Texans' defense playing on all cylinders.

I wish I had my camera with me but when I was leaving, there was a saints fan walking out with his sign he made. It had a big picture of Reggie and above it, it said "Reggie Bush- Da Black Golden Boy"

I had a nice chuckle to that one.

Man Reggie sure did tear our defense up today.

Did you see how he provided enough distraction so that Colston could have a 100 yard day?

I might take Mario over Reggie again (Mario hasn't exactly been tearing it up either), but there's no way in hell I'd take him over Vince again....but you already knew that..............

But would you take Schaub over Vince at half the cost?... and still get Mario.

But would you take Schaub over Vince at half the cost?... and still get Mario.

no..................Mario played great yesterday, but that was against a horrible saints O-Line....statistically and "impact" wise Mario has still been the worst of the 3.........

no..................Mario played great yesterday, but that was against a horrible saints O-Line....statistically and "impact" wise Mario has still been the worst of the 3.........

how do you measure statistically of a DE compared to a WR/KR/PR/RB ?

That O-line has given up 6 sacks through their first 9 games with Brees droping back to pass 40+ times in several games. But hey, dont let the facts get in the way of your argument...

how do you measure statistically of a DE compared to a WR/KR/PR/RB ?

Win-loss record, cleraly the only indicator of how a player has impacted his team. Its not like injuries, opponents scheduel, teamates, coaching, luck, or anything else have anything to do with it. How else could Reggie have a bigger impact then Mario? Mario is our best D-lineman. Reggie is the Saints third best runner...

That O-line has given up 6 sacks through their first 9 games with Brees droping back to pass 40+ times in several games. But hey, dont let the facts get in the way of your argument...

esp with Brees doing a lot of 3 step and 5 step drops...lack of an inside running game really hurts Brees

I could've sworn the O-Line has something to do with the run game also????......their line did not look good against good defenses like the Colts and Titans......their line isn't all that great.............neither is reggie bush.............................nor mario williams..........

Win-loss record, cleraly the only indicator of how a player has impacted his team. Its not like injuries, opponents scheduel, teamates, coaching, luck, or anything else have anything to do with it. How else could Reggie have a bigger impact then Mario? Mario is our best D-lineman. Reggie is the Saints third best runner...

Mario's imact = little thus far....this might be his 2nd or 3rd good game that he's had since we drafted him (the bad has FAR outweighed the good)...I still don't understand why people act like Mario is on another level than Bush or Young........................

I could've sworn the O-Line has something to do with the run game also????......their line did not look good against good defenses like the Colts and Titans......their line isn't all that great.............neither is reggie bush.............................nor mario williams..........

Mario's imact = little thus far....this might be his 2nd or 3rd good game that he's had since we drafted him (the bad has FAR outweighed the good)...I still don't understand why people act like Mario is on another level than Bush or Young........................

Pass blocking and run blocking are two separate things completely. The Saints OL is apparantly quite good in pass protection, while they aren't as good in run blocking. That would account for the low production out of Bush, but it does NOT diminish the pressure that MW had last week, stop trying to rationalize it.

Pass blocking and run blocking are two separate things completely. The Saints OL is apparantly quite good in pass protection, while they aren't as good in run blocking. That would account for the low production out of Bush, but it does NOT diminish the pressure that MW had last week, stop trying to rationalize it.

i'm not trying to "diminish" anything I'm just trying to be "real" about this....Mario has been less than "meh" thus far in his NFL career....people seem to forget about this, because of one good game against a struggling team with a "meh" O-Line................

i'm not trying to "diminish" anything I'm just trying to be "real" about this....Mario has been less than "meh" thus far in his NFL career....people seem to forget about this, because of one good game against a struggling team with a "meh" O-Line................

You don't like Mario anyway. Would not matter how many good games he plays as you are a Tack fan.

Please show me where i mentioned Young. You said Reggie has had more impact then Mario, Im trying to show otherwise. Mario is our best defensive lineman, leads the team in sacks, draws occasional double teams and makes plays against the run. Reggie has one of the lowest yards per touch averages in the NFL for any starting running back and hasnt scored a TD from farther then 10 yards out. Mr. Big Play himself dosnt have a run longer then 33 yards (the lenght of Mario's longest run, lol). I think its pretty obvious Reggie has been a detriment to much of N.O's offense, while Mario has at least been average.

Deuce was cool with it.

Please show me where i mentioned Young. You said Reggie has had more impact then Mario, Im trying to show otherwise. Mario is our best defensive lineman, leads the team in sacks, draws occasional double teams and makes plays against the run. Reggie has one of the lowest yards per touch averages in the NFL for any starting running back and hasnt scored a TD from farther then 10 yards out. Mr. Big Play himself dosnt have a run longer then 33 yards (the lenght of Mario's longest run, lol). I think its pretty obvious Reggie has been a detriment to much of N.O's offense, while Mario has at least been average.

It's a futile attempt to try and show Dream anything. His name suggests what 'state' he is in... :whip: Logic isn't a friend here..... He's always had the man-love for Reggie or Vince and drinks the hatorade for Mario.

Hatorade.jpg

The hell you're not!! You have an agenda at it does not involve Mario or reggie but another player. No one is forgetting anything in with regards to Mario, he has done some things that are very good and other things that are not so good, but he is still the most active and productive member of the Texans D-Line. Is there room for improvement, damn straight there is.

Please do not try and say you are not trying to do something when it is exactly what you are trying to do.

:texflag:

Go Texans and for one night only go Broncos beat the hell out of the flaming meatballs!

No matter what we think of these three guys, it'll all come out in the wash in another three or four years.

In the meantime, we have Mario and not Bush or Young, so I'm rooting for Mario.

If one of the other two eventually end up on the Texans, which will not be very likely, then I'll root for them. Until that happens however, Mario is the good guy and they are the enemy.

No matter what we think of these three guys, it'll all come out in the wash in another three or four years.

If one of the other two eventually end up on the Texans, which will not be very likely, then I'll root for them. Until that happens however, Mario is the good guy and they are the enemy.

Rep on the way. This is exactly how I feel. I REALLY hate all this rehashing. If, If , If - live the reality you have.

The hell you're not!! You have an agenda at it does not involve Mario or reggie but another player. No one is forgetting anything in with regards to Mario, he has done some things that are very good and other things that are not so good, but he is still the most active and productive member of the Texans D-Line. Is there room for improvement, damn straight there is.

Please do not try and say you are not trying to do something when it is exactly what you are trying to do.

lol...please explain to me how I diminish mario?????.....I'm looking at this from a "realistic" approach, and realistically there's no conclusive evidence that shows that he's been a better pick than VY or Bush thus far (if you look at both seasons)......if VY and Bush are bust in most of you guys eyes then Mario should be right there with them.

In all honesty this is what I expected Mario Williams to be when we first drafted him....an okay player.....not something worth the # 1 pick in a loaded draft.....he's had 2 good games this year against the lowly chiefs and saints and everyone is ready to throw a parade for the guy.........I'm just not falling into that trap....mario still seems to lack the passion at times, and at times he just doesn't look like he has the physical tools to be a great DL......Reggie Bush to me would be a valuable weapon as long as you have some sort of power runner to go along with him, and VY has a lot of natural talent and is trying to learn the hardest position in pro-sports with bad receivers............if Mario "turns out" to be worth that #1 pick then I'll be fine, but I just don't see it in dudes ability or passion.

I guess his rushing tds don't count or how he's a constant worry for the defense so his crappy running backs can excel somewhat...........

Actually, you are right for not counting his rushing TD's with Passing TD's

TD's Total = 8 (5 pass, 3 rush)
INT's Total = 12

YUP!! That strikes fear into the heart of defenses.

YUP!! That strikes fear into the heart of defenses.

anytime one player requires specific approaches to be applied to him when the opposing team is preparing is a player who "is" a difference maker and someone who they are "worried" about.....

Another Rep your way :yes:

Back