Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2007   #21
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam
Default Re: Ron Dayne's Thoughs (his big run)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
I don't think he really got hit at all on that play. He definitely didn't get hit hard, he just coughed that ball up. If I had a DVR I would know but from what I recall it was just an "ole" give away.
Yep, pretty much. He did get hit, but if you watch the replay, you'll see that the ball was wiggling around before a hand was laid on him. It was actually pretty strange looking, it's like the ball just shot out of his hands for no reason.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #22
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
Yep, pretty much. He did get hit, but if you watch the replay, you'll see that the ball was wiggling around before a hand was laid on him. It was actually pretty strange looking, it's like the ball just shot out of his hands for no reason.
Reggie used "the force" to make the ball shoot out.
Old 11-18-2007   #23
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I got a nice little chuckle when I saw Dayne run over a few Saints, then as he was going down, he crawled over a defender to get the first.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #24
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3596 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Don't really get why people are hating on him on the 4th and 1 play. It was pretty clear to me that our OL got manhandled and he was forced to try and go outside after guys were closing in there too.

I was at the game so really couldn't see perfectly but from what I saw it was on our OL. We won in the trenches on both sides of the ball (overall during the whole game) and that's why we won, imo. But if you don't convert on 4th and 1...9 times out of 10 its on the OL even though Dayne was dancing
It doesn't matter what your line is doing if your RB comes to pretty much a dead stop after taking the handoff. That was absolutely pothetic. For that distance, you don't look for holes, you hit the line and you hit it hard. If Dayne had any thoughts of trying to bounce it outside, he needs to watch more tape, he doesn't bounce anywhere. His long run was nice, and an example of what he could do if he didn't think and just ran the damn ball.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #25
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3596 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Found this tidbit from questions to Dayne on Yahoo.

(how his performance) I did OK. I think I could have did better just by finishing off a couple runs. Like on the third- or fourth-and-one, instead of stopping I should have just hit it up in there, so I take most of the blame for it, for our running game.

Just glad he recognizes that sometimes you just have to hit it up in there.
Old 11-19-2007   #26
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
It doesn't matter what your line is doing if your RB comes to pretty much a dead stop after taking the handoff. That was absolutely pothetic. For that distance, you don't look for holes, you hit the line and you hit it hard. If Dayne had any thoughts of trying to bounce it outside, he needs to watch more tape, he doesn't bounce anywhere. His long run was nice, and an example of what he could do if he didn't think and just ran the damn ball.
No I see what your saying but it's kind of hard to run in the back of Flannigan and Weary expecting to push them forward when they are 2 yards BEHIND the line of scrimmage. If they had gotten a good push forward, Dayne just runs into the back of them... When the DT's are pushing them backwards...Dayne isn't going to do much.

I want to point out that I'm not really trying to defend Dayne here, but point out that our offensive line gets little to no push it seems on 4th and short.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #27
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
No I see what your saying but it's kind of hard to run in the back of Flannigan and Weary expecting to push them forward when they are 2 yards BEHIND the line of scrimmage. If they had gotten a good push forward, Dayne just runs into the back of them... When the DT's are pushing them backwards...Dayne isn't going to do much.
See Also: Bush Push USC v ND 2005

Quote:
I want to point out that I'm not really trying to defend Dayne here, but point out that our offensive line gets little to no push it seems on 4th and short.
No worries...understood and agreed that having your OL get worked on a 4th and short doesn't help.
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read