Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-17-2007   #1
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texas Tech-Oklahoma

I did not see a topic, but for all you Big XII fans and College Football fans in general, the 11th top 5 team has gone down to an unranked as Tech beats Oklahoma.

This game has MAJOR BCS implications as Oklahoma has essentially lost its chance at the Natl Championship. Also, remember, that now both Oklahoma and Texas have 2 loses. If Oklahoma loses to Oklahoma State and the Horns beat the Aggies, UT will jump over Oklahoma into the Big XII championship game. Two problems for the Sooners are that their starting QB looked to go out early tonight with a concussion and then right at the end, their best player of the day Demarco Murray seemed to hurt his knee and had to be helped off.

Last year UT, with a Freshman QB, beat OU, but then lost their QB in the late in the season and lost out, giving the Big XII South to the Sooners. Will we perhaps see a role reversal this year?

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texas Tech-Oklahoma

i fear this is the first domino to fall which will lead to OSU being back in the title game.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i fear this is the first domino to fall which will lead to OSU being back in the title game.
Lots of dominoes would have to fall. Kansas or Missouri lose next week. Then the winner of that game loses to Oklahoma in the Big 12 title game. Then West Virginia would have to lose to either UConn or Pittsburgh.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007   #4
CLTEXAN_FAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 CLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVPCLTEXAN_FAN was voted MVP

I am thrilled about this win only for selfish reason's. I dont like either team, but I work with an Oklahoma grad and this is a quote taken from an email he sent me earlier this week...

Quote:
Oregon & Oklahoma in the national championship. An Oregon rematch (b/c they OVERTLY cheated the last game in duck country), You heard it here first
Oh how wrong he was!!!
Old 11-17-2007   #5
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Lots of dominoes would have to fall. Kansas or Missouri lose next week. Then the winner of that game loses to Oklahoma in the Big 12 title game. Then West Virginia would have to lose to either UConn or Pittsburgh.
Remember, Oklahoma has to first get there. They must either win or have a UT loss.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

The BCS is dead........the computer is shorting out and throwing sparks over all these upsets and parody in college football.

Just shoot the damn thing and put it out of it's misery and give us our playoff system already!

Honestly, can anybody really sit here and say "wow, those 2 teams are clearly the best teams in the country".......I don't even know who the hell are the best 5 teams in the country.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #7
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Way to go TT!!!!

GO Aggies!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-18-2007   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
The BCS is dead........the computer is shorting out and throwing sparks over all these upsets and parody in college football.

Just shoot the damn thing and put it out of it's misery and give us our playoff system already!

Honestly, can anybody really sit here and say "wow, those 2 teams are clearly the best teams in the country".......I don't even know who the hell are the best 5 teams in the country.
yeah, except the BCS folks love this. more attention paid on a week-to-week basis to the college football landscape and the BCS means more money and more hype and etc. so they have no reason to change. and i'm glad. hooray for the BCS!
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish I could have seen that game. Hope there's a replay this week. Good job TT.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #10
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

And let the domino's keep falling. It was such a fun game to be at, especially with the way OU fans thought it was going to be a quick and easy victory. Tech wanted to win that game no matter what, and it showed.
Old 11-19-2007   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Way to go TT!!!!

GO Aggies!!!!
YUP... Even I will have to give Tech props for this one.. The best part was I didn't have to listen to 'Boomer Sooner' every freakin' 3rd minute...

Of course I hope A&M beats Texas, but by the same token I am looking at this game as a 'farewell to Fran'......... and good riddance.
Old 11-19-2007   #12
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Crabtree not extremely impressive? Reminds me of Chad Johnson. He seems to have that fire in him, something I think that makes Chad Johnson one of the best in the league. He absolutely burns people with his change of direction ability. Very fast player. I was very impressed. I thought it may just be the system, but he is the real deal receiver.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #13
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Is Crabtree not extremely impressive? Reminds me of Chad Johnson. He seems to have that fire in him, something I think that makes Chad Johnson one of the best in the league. He absolutely burns people with his change of direction ability. Very fast player. I was very impressed. I thought it may just be the system, but he is the real deal receiver.
He has really impressed me from what little chances I've gotten to see the kid. Just what this conference didn't need a stud receiver in a pass happy offense in Lubbock.

I'm really cheering for Oklahoma State next week and for UT to go into A&M and come out with a win(which shouldn't be easy Aggies will be playin for pride and for their burning desire/hatred for anything burnt orange)
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read