Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-17-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default No-penalty pledge signed by Cowboys after some miscues

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
IRVING, Texas (AP) -- Call it a no-penalty pledge for the Dallas Cowboys.

After drawing three penalties that came after plays were done against the New York Giants, coach Wade Phillips this week had his players sign a pledge that they would play smarter and avoid such penalties.

Phillips said Thursday it was the first time he's ever gone to the extreme of having players sign something.

"I want their word that they're going to try to do the right thing. That's my feeling," Phillips said. "It may be silly. It may be whatever, but I was serious about it and I think I feel like I needed to do something they're going to respond to. And everybody saw that it cost us points. ... We all saw it but I felt like I needed to do something."

In the 31-20 victory at New York on Sunday, there were post-play penalties against Kevin Burnett, Keith Davis and Bradie James.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007   #2
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No-penalty pledge signed by Cowboys after some miscues

I like this. I was so peeved after the one taunting penalty before half last week. Stuff like that can cost you a game, a playoff spot, a division, etc. That could have been 3 huge points. It may seem college like but I'm sure it is in their head now.
Old 11-17-2007   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

every team should sign these. that way there will never be a penalty ever again!
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007   #4
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

They should sign "no drug"/ "no indictment" pledges.
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #5
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

those darn Cowboys are always on the cutting edge of new theories and technologies.
Old 11-18-2007   #6
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
They should sign "no drug"/ "no indictment" pledges.
They should make TO sign a "don't be an a$$hole" pledge
Old 11-18-2007   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
TO is not an asshole is is the whole F'n ASS.
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2007   #8
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

TO? What has he done lately for such a title. Every time I've seen him, he appears to be an excellent team player, elated to be a Cowboy, and quite friendly with the media and the community. TO and Randy Moss seem to be the most team friendly men in the league. Help me to understand the opinion.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
TO? What has he done lately for such a title. Every time I've seen him, he appears to be an excellent team player, elated to be a Cowboy, and quite friendly with the media and the community. TO and Randy Moss seem to be the most team friendly men in the league. Help me to understand the opinion.
He plays for the Cowboys. That's all that is needed for some Houston fans apparently.

Plus his past plays against him.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #10
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I have to agree with something Bradshaw said after watching Pam (God She's Gorgeous) Oliver's interview with him. Terrell used "I" , "me", "my" and "mine"and but not "we", "us" or "our" at many points in the interview. The reason T.O. is getting along so well with the Cowboy organization is because Romo is in love with the man and uses ANY excuse to throw the ball to him. T.O. wants the ball on every play and Romo damned near gives it to him an every play. The Girls tried that $hit when they played New England and the Pats made the needed adjustments. T.O. is media friendly because it allows him to talk about how great he is. For the record, I don't think he's an "@sshole" or a "F-N' @hole" I'm of the opinion he's a COMPLETE AND TOTAL F-N' @sshole!"
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 11-19-2007   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have to agree with something Bradshaw said after watching Pam (God She's Gorgeous) Oliver's interview with him. Terrell used "I" , "me", "my" and "mine"and but not "we", "us" or "our" at many points in the interview. The reason T.O. is getting along so well with the Cowboy organization is because Romo is in love with the man and uses ANY excuse to throw the ball to him. T.O. wants the ball on every play and Romo damned near gives it to him an every play. The Girls tried that $hit when they played New England and the Pats made the needed adjustments. T.O. is media friendly because it allows him to talk about how great he is. For the record, I don't think he's an "@sshole" or a "F-N' @hole" I'm of the opinion he's a COMPLETE AND TOTAL F-N' @sshole!"
Like him being wide open behind all the defensive players? Wow. Romo is gay.
Old 11-19-2007   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

how dare he.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #13
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cool, whatever makes your day! Apparently I missed the interview referenced. The one I saw was highly complimentary of his teammates after acknowledging God first.
Old 11-19-2007   #14
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cool, whatever makes your day! Apparently I missed the interview referenced. The one I saw was highly complimentary of his teammates after acknowledging God first.
The one I saw he had his shirt off, the better to make sure everyone saw the wonderful body God gave him first.
Old 11-19-2007   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When did he find God? Was it before or after he called Garcia gay? After he destroyed the Eagles team or after he over dosed on pills?

Just because he is not acting like a fool this season does not make up for all of his past nor being a cowgirl and on a winning team does not make up for everything he has done in his past.
Old 11-19-2007   #16
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The one I saw he had his shirt off, the better to make sure everyone saw the wonderful body God gave him first.
I'm pretty sure that TO had to work at least a little bit to get in the shape he is in.
Old 11-19-2007   #17
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a complete waste of paper......I think I signed something similar in 2nd grade, where I pledged to be a good boy. I'm sure Jerry has some small print in it somewhere stating something on the lines of giving their souls to the devil for a Super Bowl win.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #18
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
When did he find God? Was it before or after he called Garcia gay? After he destroyed the Eagles team or after he over dosed on pills?

Just because he is not acting like a fool this season does not make up for all of his past nor being a cowgirl and on a winning team does not make up for everything he has done in his past.

When isn't important. The important thing is that he said that he did. FWIW, the bible is full of before and after believers, and seems the after is what turned out to be important to believers thousands of years later.

Back to football. TO worked with Garcia and know a heck a lot more about him than I do. It sure hasn't been hard for some people the refer to Romo as Homo. Do they have more inside info than TO did in SF? So the Eagles team and success were dependent on TO? That's giving the one man a lot of power. However, I do admit as an injured player he put more effort into the Super Bowl game than his teammates and coach.

He said the overdose of pills was an accident. I will leave it at that. Oh, but thank goodness he survived. I find it so hard to imagine football with TO, not to mention the talent he was about to bring to a team of second chances, the one who is inclusive, not exclusive. That alone is enough to become a changed individual.

I know for some, he will never do enough to "make-up" for the animousity that is so deep, that's life and people. Some will move forward, others will dig and scratch and spend endless hours to keep negativity and hate alive and well.

I hope that both TO and Moss will go on and have Hall of Fame careers and find team unity and happiness in the proces.

Old 11-19-2007   #19
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
those darn Cowboys are always on the cutting edge of new theories and technologies.
I wouldn't say they are on the cutting edge, more like people are so far up their butts they have to report every little detail. I'm sure other teams do similar things.
Old 11-19-2007   #20
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Like him being wide open behind all the defensive players? Wow. Romo is gay.
If he's open give him the ball but here's the thing. Not every play is drawn to favor a given receiver. It's nice that Homo has a go-to guy, but I GAURANTEE that if they make it to the play offs (and they will) SMART defenses will make them have to rely on Witten more and that will piss T.O. off and we'll go back to the Terrel Owens show...AGAIN! Besides this is a MOOT point because the NFC is weak compared to the AFC as evident my the point differentials when AFC teams have play NFC teams this year. IF the Cowgirls make it to the Superbowl (and I doubt they'll beat the Packers) they'll only be CRUCIFIED by either the Patriots, Colts or Steelers. Suck it up.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read