Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2007   #61
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bush says he has nothing to prove to Texans

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #62
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
and like Texan Bill said.......he's not even a good receiver. He only picks up like 5 yards a catch when he's matched up against LBs......
*David Carr starts licking chops*
Old 11-19-2007   #63
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Thank you so, so, so much for my new wallpaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #64
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 88272 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Before the draft, June Jones called Bush the next Eric Metcalf. IMO, he hit the nail on the head.
Old 11-19-2007   #65
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Well apparently you just ignored the other three paragraphs I typed.........I just didn't type "Reggie Bush sucks"........I gave reasons and they were good reasons.

and like Texan Bill said.......he's not even a good receiver. He only picks up like 5 yards a catch when he's matched up against LBs......what the heck do you think is going to happen when the do make the transition and make him a WR and stick him up against DBs.........he's going to be shut down. The guy is a bust.
well Bush is at worst decent pass catching threat based on the fact he is #2 in the NFL in YAC (yards after catch). YAC is generally one of the barometers used to identify quality passing game weapons.

I don't think anyone on this board, even the most avid Bush hater, honestly thinks Reggie Bush 'sucks', but its becoming obvious that he may have cost more than he was worth, in both draft pick and salary cap cost. And the unmerited hype makes people dislike the guy, especially Texans fans. Bush is an average to below average rusher but he makes up for some of that lack of production with his production in the passing game. But at the end of the day, he is probably the highest paid player on the Saints and they don't have a dependable rushing attack without a 1-2 punch of Deuce/Bush. That tells me he isnt and wasnt worth the early selection and huge contract. That doesnt mean Mario was worth it, it just means that Bush probably wasn't.
Old 11-19-2007   #66
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
well Bush is at worst decent pass catching threat based on the fact he is #2 in the NFL in YAC (yards after catch). YAC is generally one of the barometers used to identify quality passing game weapons.

I don't think anyone on this board, even the most avid Bush hater, honestly thinks Reggie Bush 'sucks', but its becoming obvious that he may have cost more than he was worth, in both draft pick and salary cap cost. And the unmerited hype makes people dislike the guy, especially Texans fans. Bush is an average to below average rusher but he makes up for some of that lack of production with his production in the passing game. But at the end of the day, he is probably the highest paid player on the Saints and they don't have a dependable rushing attack without a 1-2 punch of Deuce/Bush. That tells me he isnt and wasnt worth the early selection and huge contract. That doesnt mean Mario was worth it, it just means that Bush probably wasn't.
How is he #2 in the NFL in Yac when he only picks up 5.5 yards a catch....... (sounds like a skewed stat to me) When I'm looking at a receiver I'd like one to not be the 329th ranked receiver (as far as YPC go)

www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats;jsessionid=742540EB224AFBD66872AD1C7 159EC25?season=2007&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RECEIVING&d-447263-p=7&d-447263-s=RECEIVING_AVERAGE_YARDS&d-447263-n=1

Or when I'm judging a "YAC" receiver, I would hate to realize the fact that he only has ONE CATCH OVER TWENTY YARDS! which is his season long of 25 yards.......again futher proving how skewed Reggie's "2nd in the NFL in Yac" is....(which I'm having a hard time believing) YAC receivers make BIG game breaking plays......Reggie doesn't. (there are 150 players that have longer receiving plays than Reggie Bush)

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...G&d-447263-n=1

Reggie's not even the "explosive phenom" he was advertised to be.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-19-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #67
Ckw

Quote:
And the unmerited hype makes people dislike the guy, especially Texans fans.
Exactly! Look, the fact is Reggie Bush doesn't suck. But the other fact is I along with all other Texans fans have listened for the last two years to how stupid we were for passing on the next Gale Sayers. Well, now that Bush is showing he is nothing he was hyped to be and Texans fans get to be the ones talking the crap (because granted most crap talking involves embellishment) then I give you one great "REGGIE BUSH SUCKS!!!!!!!". The fact is the Texans were not ignorant or stupid or whatever other adjective you would like to throw in. We did what we could with the pick. We thought we had a QB, and we couldn't find anyone that wanted to trade their 2 1st rounders for our #1. We wanted DeAngelo Williams and a defensive player. No one made the deal so we had to do something. We got Mario. The case is basically closed on Reggie Bush being an NFL quality RB. There is still a lot left to go for Mario. Mario 1, Reggie 0.
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2007   #68
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe #2 on aggregate yardage, but there are 100's of folks with a higher average YAC. Reggie averages just 4.9 YAC per reception. Compare that to Ronnie Brown 10.1, MJD 9.7, Westbrook 9.6, etc.
Old 11-19-2007   #69
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How is he #2 in the NFL in Yac when he only picks up 5.5 yards a catch....... (sounds like a skewed stat to me) When I'm looking at a receiver I'd like one to not be the 329th ranked receiver (as far as YPC go)

www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats;jsessionid=742540EB224AFBD66872AD1C7 159EC25?season=2007&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RECEIVING&d-447263-p=7&d-447263-s=RECEIVING_AVERAGE_YARDS&d-447263-n=1

Or when I'm judging a "YAC" receiver, I would hate to realize the fact that he only has ONE CATCH OVER TWENTY YARDS! which is his season long of 25 yards.......again futher proving who skewed Reggie's 2nd in the NFL in Yac....(which I'm having a hard time believing) YAC receivers make BIG game breaking plays......Reggie doesn't. (there are 150 players that have longer receiving plays than Reggie Bush)

If you can't tell that his average yards per catch is skewed then you have no place in this argument what so ever. How can you point out the fact that is YAC is skewed and then use that yards per reception stat? Dude uses skewed stats to point out how other stats are skewed.

Most pass plays that go to Reggie are designed for him to make people miss and get YAC. See the fact that they cannot run the ball.

"He's not even the explosive phenom he was advertised to be"? Is there not anything in between...you act as if explosive phenom is the least possible thing he could be by saying not even.

I just dont understand alot of your posts and points. Don't see a whole lot there.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #70
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Maybe #2 on aggregate yardage, but there are 100's of folks with a higher average YAC. Reggie averages just 4.9 YAC per reception. Compare that to Ronnie Brown 10.1, MJD 9.7, Westbrook 9.6, etc.
You don't think has alot to do with the way the Saints use him, and that swing pass that they run so often?

I figure you'll have more to say about this.

I don't think Reggie is very good at all, but I see people hating on him on this board daily, and it seems like just because we didn't draft him. I realize that he isn't having great years but people act as if he aint wirth a roster spot.
Old 11-19-2007   #71
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:

Or when I'm judging a "YAC" receiver, I would hate to realize the fact that he only has ONE CATCH OVER TWENTY YARDS! which is his season long of 25 yards.......again futher proving how skewed Reggie's "2nd in the NFL in Yac" is....(which I'm having a hard time believing) YAC receivers make BIG game breaking plays......Reggie doesn't. (there are 150 players that have longer receiving plays than Reggie Bush)

they flashed the stat during the game yesterday. the tv said so, so they must be right :sarcasmoff:
Old 11-19-2007   #72
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
If you can't tell that his average yards per catch is skewed then you have no place in this argument what so ever. How can you point out the fact that is YAC is skewed and then use that yards per reception stat? Dude uses skewed stats to point out how other stats are skewed.

Most pass plays that go to Reggie are designed for him to make people miss and get YAC. See the fact that they cannot run the ball.

"He's not even the explosive phenom he was advertised to be"? Is there not anything in between...you act as if explosive phenom is the least possible thing he could be by saying not even.

I just dont understand alot of your posts and points. Don't see a whole lot there.
Your whole post didn't really make much sense, I put YPC, because generally when people are the 2nd ranked YAC receiver in the NFL, they have a high YPC average.......nothing skewed about it........as far as "see the fact that they cannot run the ball".....Reggie's not a good running back, what gives.

You don't see alot there, because you don't want to see alot there when it's sitting there slapping you in the face..........that's not my problem, I'm not here to hold your hand and walk you through the post.

The guy was supposed to be "explosive" a "game breaker", so far this season he has 175 combined touches (passing and receiving) and he's gone over 20 yards just 4 times..(for anybody counting at home, that means everytime you give the ball to ol' Reg 43 times, he'll reward you with one big play....not very productive)...with his longest run of the year just being 22 yards and his longest catch being just 25 yards........it's not like he's ripping off 30 and 40 yarders, strecthing the defense, taking it to the house, and being a "game breaker".

If you don't want me to say "he sucks", because that seems to be the only thing that your whole argument is based on.........fine Reggie Bush doesn't "suck", but the guy "is striving to be mediocre" at best........that's the best I can say about Reggie Bush, haven't been impressed at all with his play on the field.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-19-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-19-2007   #73
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

First, I didn't see the YAC stat on NFL.com

Second, when comparing two receivers I look at (2) numbers. Average yards per catch and total reception yards.

> Bush is tied with Echamandu and like 10 spots behind Ron Dayne for average yards per catch.... So thats not a very impressive argument.

> Bush is ranked 73rd for total reception yards. Thats only 42 more yards than Andre Johnson who has completely missed 7 games...

*Disclaimer - it did not look like the stats on NFL.com were updated from yesterday's games*
Old 11-19-2007   #74
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
yes in overall yardage he was #2 in YAC around the 1st Quarter (per CBS who have Casserley as an 'expert' so all bets are off)

he gets a lot of touches on passes so it just shows how much of their offense goes through him. you could use this information to support either side of an argument basically. 'he should be making more plays due to the load of chances' or 'he doesnt have enough help, bush isn't that bad'...

the truth is somewhere in between me thinks. my biggest problem with Bush is that he seems to play like a wuss. him going fetal on that one run late in the game was just horrible. does he think he is a quarterback or something? it was just pathetic and I would imagine Saints fan was pretty embarassed by that move.
Old 11-19-2007   #75
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
>Bush is ranked 73rd for total reception yards. Thats only 42 more yards than Andre Johnson who has completely missed 7 games...

*Disclaimer - it did not look like the stats on NFL.com were updated from yesterday's games*
It hasn't, but it's only going to get worse for Reggie when they do.
Old 11-19-2007   #76
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
the truth is somewhere in between me thinks. my biggest problem with Bush is that he seems to play like a wuss. him going fetal on that one run late in the game was just horrible. does he think he is a quarterback or something? it was just pathetic and I would imagine Saints fan was pretty embarassed by that move.
That's a bit of what I see. He needs to add bulk if he is going to play running back or receiver as far as I am concerned. If he wants to be catching slants up the middle of the field he is going to need to be able to take those hits. He just looks like he isn't physically capable of playing running back in the NFL.
Old 11-19-2007   #77
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
He just looks like he isn't physically capable of playing running back in the NFL.
Signed,

Warrick Dunn
Dave Meggett
Marshall Faulk

Old 11-19-2007   #78
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Signed,

Warrick Dunn
Dave Meggett
Marshall Faulk

What about us??

Barry Sanders
James Brooks
Old 11-19-2007   #79
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Bush isn't to be mentioned in the same conversation with those guys. I never really saw him bang it up the middle in college either. He just had alot more space to dance in college. No dancing in the NFL.
Old 11-19-2007   #80
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 281570 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

If Reggie Bush is able to carry the ball 250 times in a season and average 3.8 YPC, I'll consider him an average RB. As of right now, he is not even as good as DD was for us. DD averaged much better on the ground, and did everything Bush is doing out of the backfield - and fans here bagged on DD for most of his career. Bush has below average results across the board right now. Period. You can try and spin it any way you want, but the results are clear for everyone to see.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read