Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2007   #41
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bush says he has nothing to prove to Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spled View Post
Did you hear Tom Jackson? "Reminds me of Gale Sayers".
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #42
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 52 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

"Marshall Faulk with more burst"
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #43
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Good win, but far and away the best part of the entire afternoon was watching Reggie Bush get clowned. Spend the entire sucking like that.

Good game, Mario--now we just have to figure out how to get him fired up against every opponent instead of just a few.
Old 11-18-2007   #44
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
Good game, Mario--now we just have to figure out how to get him fired up against every opponent instead of just a few.
exactly
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #45
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 88272 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I guess we should update to:

BUSH

15 carries 34 yards 2 fumbles on the ground.

12 catches 70 yards as a receiver.

That's 27 touches for 104 yards 3.85 yards per touch.
The worst part is that includes the Saints trying to pad his stats on the final drive (3 catches for 28 yds).
Old 11-18-2007   #46
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Like it or not, his catches also count toward his yardage, and that seems to be about half of his touches.

Those catches that he gets are pretty much running plays, as I was saying in the gameday thread. I don't know that those throws to him are an attempt to prove that he is not a bust, but when something (running the ball traditionally) doesn't work, you go to something else to get your running yards. Those swing and short passes to Reggie are how they substitute those yards and I don't blame them. It seems like their best way to substitute a running game to me too.

I'm not making an excuse for him but posts like this just make me think that even though there are plenty of ways to rag on Reggie, people don't seem to be understanding them, or want him to suck in EVERY way, just to say that he wasn't worth the pick. I think that he was not worth the #1 is obvious by now anyway.

Saying Reggie Bush sucks is taking it a bit too far IMO. He is obviously not an NFL RB, but I am not so sure he is a sucky football player. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that knows football, and has no problem with Reggie Bush say that he sucks.
I know his catches count towards his "yards".......duh, but freaking receiving yards shouldn't make up half of his production.....he's a running back, his rushing yards should be the meat and potatoes of his ovrl game, instead Reggie Bush can't hammer out enough yards to serve up a full meal, so he needs those receptions to make up the other half (potatoes) of his main meal.........leaving no dessert. With other great backs (hell even "good" backs) their game is built on running the ball and any receiving yards they get is just cake (dessert)

What I'm saying is, he wasn't drafted to be a freaking reciever......he was supposed to be a once in a generation back (that's exactly what he was called at the 2006 draft.)

and I hate to break this to you, but............Reggie Bush does suck and I don't have to have anybody "question whether or not I know football" to know the guy, for what he was drafted to be and the amount he gets paid........... vs. the effect he has on a ballgame.......sucks. (Oh wait I forgot, he's the best decoy in the NFL)

His own fans, the people that watch him every sunday think he sucks......go over there and read some threads.

The thing that irritates me about Reggie Bush and his "total yardage" is he reminds me so much of Mike Vick..........Mike Vick the overhyped p.o.s., that ESPN and the media shoved down our throats despite the general public knowing that he stunk at his position, which was QB, so what did they do.......include his rushing yards to made a "total yardage" stat to show how great he was.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-19-2007 at 01:25 AM.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #47
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
....Who....DAT?!?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"

Last edited by Dread-Head; 11-19-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2007   #48
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
His own fans, the people that watch him every sunday think he sucks......go over there and read some threads.
I don't really care what his own fans or his haters say about him. Reading other people say people suck or they are good really doesn't effect the way I judge anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I know his catches count towards his "yards".......duh, but freaking receiving yards shouldn't make up half of his production.....he's a running back, his rushing yards should be the meat and potatoes of his ovrl game, instead Reggie Bush can't hammer out enough yards to serve up a full meal, so he needs those receptions to make up the other half (potatoes) of his main meal.........leaving no dessert. With other great backs (hell even "good" backs) their game is built on running the ball and any receiving yards they get is just cake (dessert)

What I'm saying is, he wasn't drafted to be a freaking reciever......he was supposed to be a once in a generation back (that's exactly what he was called at the 2006 draft.)

and I hate to break this to you, but............Reggie Bush does suck and I don't have to have anybody "question whether or not I know football" to know the guy, for what he was drafted to be and the amount he gets paid........... vs. the effect he has on a ballgame.......sucks. (Oh wait I forgot, he's the best decoy in the NFL)
My point was that he can't run and with him at RB the Saints are forced to throw those screen and swing passes in order to get the yards they would usually get running the ball with an ordinary runningback (Deuce).

My point had nothing to do with why he was drafted. It doesn't really matter at this point, he should be put into the best position he can player, at that looks like receiver.

I understand that your point is that "Reggie Bush sucks", but I am trying to add a little more sense and analysis to the conversation. "Reggie Bush sucks" is just not enough for me I suppose.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #49
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's why Bush sucks...

15 carries for 34 yards (2.3 yards per carry). Okay, he's not a running back, but:

12 receptions for 70 yards (5.8 yards per reception)... he's no receiver either. (Several of those 70 yards were in garbage time too.) Heck, Ron Dayne (who rushed for 89 yards) caught 3 balls for 26 yards (8.7 yards).
Old 11-19-2007   #50
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Here's why Bush sucks...

15 carries for 34 yards (2.3 yards per carry). Okay, he's not a running back, but:

12 receptions for 70 yards (5.8 yards per reception)... he's no receiver either. (Several of those 70 yards were in garbage time too.) Heck, Ron Dayne (who rushed for 89 yards) caught 3 balls for 26 yards (8.7 yards).
Well their line was prety banged up. I'll take the victory, but I held my breath for three quarters waiting for the big one from the king of the swamp. What should be obvious at this point is the guy on the field is much different than the ESPN hype. Many here on this board posted at the time, he would be great in space but aweful between the tackles and being counted on to put a team on his shoulders. Judging by his preformance this season, he can't do it. He can't bang between the tackles. He can not put the team on his shoulders. If duece can't come back, they'll have to draft another power back to compliment Bush's...holes. Fifty million ? I don't think so. We dodged a bullet. The big question as others have already pointed out is when the Eastern Sports Network...will fess up and utter those three majic word's. " We was Wrong. " Don't hold your breath.
Old 11-19-2007   #51
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Here's why Bush sucks...

Maybe it's just me but I see a future for him in the NFL at receiver. If they want him to be a successful receiver they need to change their scheme around and include an actual running back because teams can really spread out when he plays RB.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 11-19-2007 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-19-2007   #52
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I think there is merit to considering total yards and even the far less subjective "decoy" status. If Bush is effective as a receiver then it's fair to consider his total output in context of the Saints offensive production. It seems to me a coordinator would be required to specially scheme for a back who is fast and works well as route runner--fair enough, that's part of what Reggie (allegedly) brings to the table.

I just think it is deceitful to promote "all purpose yards" for Reggie and to consistently evaluate him by that number for purposes of lauding him but to not do the same for other backs.
Old 11-19-2007   #53
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think there is merit to considering total yards and even the far less subjective "decoy" status. If Bush is effective as a receiver then it's fair to consider his total output in context of the Saints offensive production. It seems to me a coordinator would be required to specially scheme for a back who is fast and works well as route runner--fair enough, that's part of what Reggie (allegedly) brings to the table.

I just think it is deceitful to promote "all purpose yards" for Reggie and to consistently evaluate him by that number for purposes of lauding him but to not do the same for other backs.
Wouldn't understand anyone who did that.

Overall, I think Bush kind of creates a problem on the Saints offense. The Saints are forced to find ways to get Bush the ball out on these swing passes in order to get little yards that normal backs get buy banging it up the middle. When a banging it up the middle type play becomes as difficult as a schemed play to swing a pass out to Reggie with blockers set up, it seems as if your offense has become too complicated. The little things that other running backs do, Reggie needs a highly practiced and well drawn out play in order to get that kind of yardage.
Old 11-19-2007   #54
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Very well said. It is just the media trying to save face a little bit.

On a side note, my autographed Mario Williams football may have went up in value a little yesterday.
Old 11-19-2007   #55
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we are being too harsh on thim

after all he had two tackles and two forced fumbles and I remember at least one passed defended (drop pass)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #56
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Wolf originally posted this pic in this thread.

Mario Williams welcomed reggie bush to the city of Houston with open arms on Sunday.
Old 11-19-2007   #57
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good thing he didn't have anything to prove
Old 11-19-2007   #58
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
....Who....DAT?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
I believe this sums ups yesterday.
Old 11-19-2007   #59
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe it's just me but I see a future for him in the NFL at receiver.
If that happens, then it'll be when he gets his next contract. And that'll probably be with another team.

It turned midnight when Reggie Bush came into the NFL. His glass slippers don't work at this level.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #60
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I understand that your point is that "Reggie Bush sucks", but I am trying to add a little more sense and analysis to the conversation. "Reggie Bush sucks" is just not enough for me I suppose.
Well apparently you just ignored the other three paragraphs I typed.........I just didn't type "Reggie Bush sucks"........I gave reasons and they were good reasons.

and like Texan Bill said.......he's not even a good receiver. He only picks up like 5 yards a catch when he's matched up against LBs......what the heck do you think is going to happen when the do make the transition and make him a WR and stick him up against DBs.........he's going to be shut down. The guy is a bust.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read