Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2007   #21
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bush says he has nothing to prove to Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
tough day for him

too Bad DD's (DW) career ended too soon, even though I was harsh on DD when he was playing, he easily could have matched those numbers and without the high price tag..without the T.O.
DD did what Reggie is trying to do in the NFL. He was just much, much better at it.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #22
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
B.S.

With all his commercial hype and publicly aired 'hurt feelings', I think he's downplaying the chip on his shoulder. His ego wanted the status of being the first overall pick, and he has something to prove to Houston if he wants to admit it or not.

Hopefully, though, our pick will prove that it was the worthwhile choice by stuffing the run and keeping Bush in check at the line of scrimmage.
And he did. He showed us how to fumble the ball twice, rush for an average of 2.26 ypc, and catch balls at a 5.83 ypc. He really showed us today!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #23
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP
Exclamation Re: Bush says he has nothing to prove to Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I guess we should update to:

That's 27 touches for 104 yards 3.85 yards per touch.
That is an absolutely ATROCIOUS average for receptions and rushes combined. Atrocious I say!
TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #24
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87001 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

In Reggie's defense, he fumbled twice as much as the amount of fumbles that Mario forced. Take this stat as you will.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #25
TexansMVP
Probowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
In Reggie's defense, he fumbled twice as much as the amount of fumbles that Mario forced. Take this stat as you will.
Did Mario cause the fumble on Reggie?
TexansMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #26
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansMVP View Post
Who did Mario cause the fumble on?
brees
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #27
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bush says he has nothing to prove to Texans
He definitely proved nothing today...good jod.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-18-2007   #28
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Well...from what I have seen today, Bush is right:

He has NOTHING....to prove.
That's right.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 11-18-2007 at 03:40 PM.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #29
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw a couple of times where CC Brown handled Bush pretty easily . CC Brown mind you knocked him backwards ... that's all the Bush I needed to see .
Old 11-18-2007   #30
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

I also like the way Reggie went fetal on the Saints last drive instead of trying to do something to get out of bounds.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #31
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87001 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
I also like the way Reggie went fetal on the Saints last drive instead of trying to do something to get out of bounds.
I lol'ed on that one. It was hilarious.
Old 11-18-2007   #32
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
I lol'ed on that one. It was hilarious.
It was the icing on the cake.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #33
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I guess we should update to:

BUSH

15 carries 34 yards 2 fumbles on the ground.

12 catches 70 yards as a receiver.

That's 27 touches for 104 yards 3.85 yards per touch.
I'm getting tired of hearing about Reggie's "catches or total yards". Thats just a cop out by the media.....the guy was drafted to be a running back first and foremost and he sucks at that.

All those catches that he gets are just a sad attempt of his team trying to get him "out in space", because the guy "CAN'T GET BY THE FRONT SEVEN AND INTO SPACE" on his own....it's like in basketball where McGrady has to set up Chuck Hayes for all his layups, because the guy can't create on his own.

Everytime I look at all these receptions Bush has that everybody brags about and says......"yeah but"..reggie had "total yards". Those total yards and receptions are receptions taken away from real WR's that could do so much more with 12 receptions (his longest catch was just 11 yards)......Reggie Bush is a crappy running back and okay receiver....I'd rather have 12 catches go to a guy that's not a running back.

NO spends so much time trying to force feed Bush the ball to somehow justify his draft position and prove he's not a bust that he ends up disrupting the entire flow of their offense.

Note to NOLA........Reggie Bush sucks

Note to ESPN.......Reggie Bush Sucks

Note to whoever the hell was behind that Madden comercial........Reggie Bush sucks.

Now all three parties above.......shut your pie hole about the 2006 draft, because Reggie Bush sucks and Vince Young isn't too far behind.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #34
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

He doesn't even return punts anymore after he proved he can't catch a punt.
Old 11-18-2007   #35
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

BUSH

drop the H and add a T and what do you get........

BUST
Old 11-18-2007   #36
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

to be fair to Bush, there's nothing wrong with showing a player's total stats. he does do more than just run the ball. but that's always going to be secondary to what a RB does as a runner, period. when people bring up total yards for other RB's, it's always as a footnote to how well they're also running the ball.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #37
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #38
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
to be fair to Bush, there's nothing wrong with showing a player's total stats. he does do more than just run the ball. but that's always going to be secondary to what a RB does as a runner, period. when people bring up total yards for other RB's, it's always as a footnote to how well they're also running the ball.
They have to throw him the ball to justify him being on the field.....if the guy could do his job and run the ball, he'd have more carries, more rushing yards, and less receptions.

The Saints just need to bite the bullet and make him a slot receiver, but then again, I guess it's hard to justify paying a slot receiver 60 mil.
Old 11-18-2007   #39
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I'm getting tired of hearing about Reggie's "catches or total yards". Thats just a cop out by the media.....the guy was drafted to be a running back first and foremost and he sucks at that.

All those catches that he gets are just a sad attempt of his team trying to get him "out in space", because the guy "CAN'T GET BY THE FRONT SEVEN AND INTO SPACE" on his own....it's like in basketball where McGrady has to set up Chuck Hayes for all his layups, because the guy can't create on his own.

Everytime I look at all these receptions Bush has that everybody brags about and says......"yeah but"..reggie had "total yards". Those total yards and receptions are receptions taken away from real WR's that could do so much more with 12 receptions (his longest catch was just 11 yards)......Reggie Bush is a crappy running back and okay receiver....I'd rather have 12 catches go to a guy that's not a running back.

NO spends so much time trying to force feed Bush the ball to somehow justify his draft position and prove he's not a bust that he ends up disrupting the entire flow of their offense.

Note to NOLA........Reggie Bush sucks

Note to ESPN.......Reggie Bush Sucks

Note to whoever the hell was behind that Madden comercial........Reggie Bush sucks.

Now all three parties above.......shut your pie hole about the 2006 draft, because Reggie Bush sucks and Vince Young isn't too far behind.
Like it or not, his catches also count toward his yardage, and that seems to be about half of his touches.

Those catches that he gets are pretty much running plays, as I was saying in the gameday thread. I don't know that those throws to him are an attempt to prove that he is not a bust, but when something (running the ball traditionally) doesn't work, you go to something else to get your running yards. Those swing and short passes to Reggie are how they substitute those yards and I don't blame them. It seems like their best way to substitute a running game to me too.

I'm not making an excuse for him but posts like this just make me think that even though there are plenty of ways to rag on Reggie, people don't seem to be understanding them, or want him to suck in EVERY way, just to say that he wasn't worth the pick. I think that he was not worth the #1 is obvious by now anyway.

Saying Reggie Bush sucks is taking it a bit too far IMO. He is obviously not an NFL RB, but I am not so sure he is a sucky football player. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that knows football, and has no problem with Reggie Bush say that he sucks.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 11-18-2007 at 04:52 PM.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #40
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember the hype?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVEHhQ5wTC8
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read