Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-16-2007   #1
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default And what of Tim Tebow...

Heismann candidate. 19 rushing TD's, 23 passing TD's (or something like that), runs inside, runs outside.

Is this the next Scott Frost? Could he actually be converted to safety?

After watching Scott Frost, Matt Jones, and almost every Florida QB since the dawn of time I'd probably take a pass on Tebow. Even if he is one heck of a player.
Old 11-16-2007   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: And what of Tim Tebow...

He still has to play another year before he is even eligible for the draft.

I will hold my judgement until then.

He looks pretty good right now tho.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #3
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
He still has to play another year before he is even eligible for the draft.

I will hold my judgement until then.

He looks pretty good right now tho.
Wow, I didn't realize that he had another year before he could come out....

Don't I feel like a
Old 11-16-2007   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's a true sophomore.
Old 11-16-2007   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me just start off saying that I dislike scrambling quarterbacks.

But this kid is different, at least, I think he is. I was not really watching Vick in college, I was pretty young. But in the NFL he was a pretty poor thrower. I watched VY in college and in the pros, and in my opinion, he is not a great thrower. Tebow is a legit quarterback. He throws a nice deep ball. He has accuracy. Just my 2 cents
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

I wouldn't classify Tebow as a scrambling QB.

He is more like a fullback that can throw really, really good.

He hits holes harder than a lot of running backs.
Old 11-16-2007   #7
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Tebow is going to be a superstar in the NFL one day. He is like a big Steve Young.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2007   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

tebow's got top 5 pick at QB locked up when he comes out.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #9
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

He certainly won't run the ball 20+ times in an NFL game like he's done in a couple SEC games this year.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
Tebow is going to be a superstar in the NFL one day. He is like a big Steve Young.
I think he can be a Steve McNair type of player for someone in the NFL. He is a better runner than McNair but they are both big powerful guys that you can't arm tackle. McNair in his prime really made you work hard to bring him down in the pocket.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #11
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I just hope he goes to an NFC team
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #12
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Heismann candidate. 19 rushing TD's, 23 passing TD's (or something like that), runs inside, runs outside.

Is this the next Scott Frost? Could he actually be converted to safety?

After watching Scott Frost, Matt Jones, and almost every Florida QB since the dawn of time I'd probably take a pass on Tebow. Even if he is one heck of a player.
Couldn't be converted to safety as said before some running QBs do make me nervous but this kid seems to have all the tools. What concerns me more however is the system that Urban Meyer runs and how he'd equate to an NFL style offense.

Far as his heisman candidacy It's legit and I really haven't seen this open of a field in a while. Dixon going down, Ryan has struggle as of late, McFadden...maybe?

Personally I think Todd Reesing should be getting more credit then he is right now with Chase Daneil being not far behind.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #13
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Couldn't be converted to safety as said before some running QBs do make me nervous but this kid seems to have all the tools. What concerns me more however is the system that Urban Meyer runs and how he'd equate to an NFL style offense.

Far as his heisman candidacy It's legit and I really haven't seen this open of a field in a while. Dixon going down, Ryan has struggle as of late, McFadden...maybe?

Personally I think Todd Reesing should be getting more credit then he is right now with Chase Daneil being not far behind.
Well Old school, he reminds me a lot of Paul Hornung (S.P.) Don't know if there's a Lumbardi out there who'd dare to move him...to RB only. Just my 2 cents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Hornung

Quote:
Highly versatile, Paul Hornung was a quarterback who could run, pass, block, and tackle and is the person most football observers consider as the greatest all-around football player in Notre Dame history. In the 1956 season, he led his team offensively in passing, rushing, scoring, kickoff and punt returns, and punting. He also played defense and led his team in passes broken up and was a second in interceptions and tackles made. He jokes about the fact that he was among the nation's leaders in kickoff returns by saying, "We gave up so many points that our opponents were always kicking off to us."
Just a thought could you see a back field of All Day and this guy at QB ? or St. Vincent and
Little Timmy teebow at RB ? Interesting. Going to take someone who holds the reins on both the Gm's chair and HC to make a move like that though. On paper it looks fine...but it could blow up in your face.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 11-19-2007 at 12:26 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #14
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

what about Chase Daniels ? Td to interception ratio. Drug his team into a position to play in a NC game ? So what is it...the best overall player. The best player on the best team ? Or just the sexiest player at the end of the season ? I believe this is a wide open race. If he didn't have the hammie, you could make the case for the LSU DT. Glenn Dorsey can clearly take over a game. The oregon QB, clearly they went into the toillet as soon as the kid went to the turff. Does that rate ? The fact that a superior player played on a bad knee for several weeks to give his team a chance at the NC ? The best player who clearly is the engine in their offense ? I beleive McFaddin is the best back and has been for a couple of seasons. Couple of QBs have the numbers. I though last years winner was a bit of a joke. Every thirty years or so you get a joker in the heisman. Going just by shear numbers for a RB then the Tulane guy should be considered. I don't have a clue. And I don't think at this point the voters do either.
Old 11-19-2007   #15
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
what about Chase Daniels ? Td to interception ratio. Drug his team into a position to play in a NC game ? So what is it...the best overall player. The best player on the best team ? Or just the sexiest player at the end of the season ? I believe this is a wide open race. If he didn't have the hammie, you could make the case for the LSU DT. Glenn Dorsey can clearly take over a game. The oregon QB, clearly they went into the toillet as soon as the kid went to the turff. Does that rate ? The fact that a superior player played on a bad knee for several weeks to give his team a chance at the NC ? The best player who clearly is the engine in their offense ? I beleive McFaddin is the best back and has been for a couple of seasons. Couple of QBs have the numbers. I though last years winner was a bit of a joke. Every thirty years or so you get a joker in the heisman. Going just by shear numbers for a RB then the Tulane guy should be considered. I don't have a clue. And I don't think at this point the voters do either.
It all depends on who the media wants to win.

The funny thing is that nobody is really being hyped for the Heisman after BC dropped 2 in a row & Ryan dropped out of the race.

Best player - McFadden
Best player on best team - Reesing or Talib ?
Sexiest player at the end - Daniel ?
Best stats - Tebow

It is wide open. Usually in this case it would just go to the best offensive player at USC, but I dont see that happening this year since they arent that good.
Old 11-19-2007   #16
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

He's overrated IMO

gimmick offense, not very accurate & he has some of the best talent in the country around him, which he likely won't have in the league. he also won't be rushing for 20 rush TD's in the league.

All of that said, he's a true sophmore & could improve as a passer if he chose to stay at Florida up to his senior year.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #17
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
what about Chase Daniels ? Td to interception ratio. Drug his team into a position to play in a NC game ?
Chase Daniels? Look at Reesings #'s. His TD to Int ratio is much better, and he hasn't thrown a pick in 5 straight games, all Big 12 teams might I add. Drug his team into the #2 spot and an undefeated record. I love Daniels, hate Mizzu, but Reesing is more deserving of the Heisman than Daniels no matter how you shake it out to this point.
Old 11-19-2007   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
He's overrated IMO

gimmick offense, not very accurate & he has some of the best talent in the country around him, which he likely won't have in the league. he also won't be rushing for 20 rush TD's in the league.

All of that said, he's a true sophmore & could improve as a passer if he chose to stay at Florida up to his senior year.
68.5% completions
46 TDs (26 passing)
7 turnovers (1 fumble lost)
14.5 yds per completion
9.9 yds per attempt

That's no gimmick.
Old 11-20-2007   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

lol @ not very accurate.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #20
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

He has excellent taste in women

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read