Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-16-2007   #1
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ahman Green OUT For Saints Game

Texans head coach Gary Kubiak announced today after practice that running back Ahman Green will not be active for Sunday's game against the Saints because of injury.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5307989.html
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Ahman Green OUT For Saints Game

This is why all contracts should be performance based. How many full games has he played in so far this season? 0?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #3
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Ahman Green may be out for the rest of his career.

We should probably eat his cap hit this offseason, since we'll have the extra cap room. It wouldn't be that bad of a hit would it?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

After 2 full weeks off due to the bye-week, he can't play Sunday !
What a waste of cap-money.
Atleast the Texans didn't give anybody a Draft-pick for this guys "services".
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #5
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

And there is no doubt that Dayne will start. I just hope that he can come out and have the same success that he had last game. I am just worried that he will not and yet Itchy will be sitting on the sidelines twiddling his thumbs.

My $0.02
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

What the heck is with this guy? One day he's 100%, the next he's inactive
Old 11-16-2007   #7
twelvegage
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
After 2 full weeks off due to the bye-week, he can't play Sunday !
What a waste of cap-money.
Atleast the Texans didn't give anybody a Draft-pick for this guys "services".
no joke. i say we just cut our losses now, that way he doesn't fool us into thinking he'll be healthy next year by telling us "this is the healthiest i've felt in years" or the same ol' schpeil that injury prone players late in their careers give =/ time to look to the future with the RB situation, I say start Echemandu, it's obvious Dayne's not the answer, so I say we go ahead and see what he can do. That way we know what round we gotta pick a RB. I'd like to think too, that he could gain some confidence playing against the Aint's "run d"
twelvegage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2007   #8
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope we see more of Echemandu this Sunday. This is getting very frustrating.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 11-16-2007 at 01:24 PM.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276575 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

FYI--he received a $5 mil signing bonus ($1.5 mil was paid this year as a roster bonus) so the dead money from cutting him would be $3.75 mil balanced against a base salary next year of $3.8 mil and roster bonuses of $700k so basically the team would save $750k in cap space next year by cutting him.
Old 11-16-2007   #10
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

AHHH MAN....he's hurt again.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I understand the frustration, but it's not his fault. I mean what is the guy suppose to do besides try his best to get ready to play. I suppose he could just say he is injured and tell people he is going to be out for X amount of weeks so there is no suprise. It looks to me like he is just fighting each week to play and sometimes he just can't heal enough in between games. Can't really blame him.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #12
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Cant say im not suprised...

I think we definately pick an OL 1st round (preferably a LT but if an absolute stud at C is there then go for it if he grades out higher) but if we cant get a good YOUNG DURABLE free agent RB like a Michael Turner then i'd like to see us take a RB in the 3rd.
Old 11-16-2007   #13
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

So... does this mean they will finally sign D. Walker from the practice squad?
Old 11-16-2007   #14
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
FYI--he received a $5 mil signing bonus ($1.5 mil was paid this year as a roster bonus) so the dead money from cutting him would be $3.75 mil balanced against a base salary next year of $3.8 mil and roster bonuses of $700k so basically the team would save $750k in cap space next year by cutting him.
I say do it then.

I think his only going to get worse, never better. Reminds me of DD/W.
Old 11-16-2007   #15
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
I say do it then.

I think his only going to get worse, never better. Reminds me of DD/W.
Cut him to save less than $1 million? I don't understand this thinking...look at the depth of our RB position.
Old 11-16-2007   #16
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Cut him to save less than $1 million? I don't understand this thinking...look at the depth of our RB position.
He cannot help the depth at RB if he cannot get on the field.
Old 11-16-2007   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Besides rapping, what is James Allen doing nowadays?!? Heck, other than a couple of DDW's seasons, Allen was productive as anyone else that has started hear and stayed healthy for ALL 16 games!
Old 11-16-2007   #18
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
He cannot help the depth at RB if he cannot get on the field.
But if he does he helps significantly. Your talking about next year after some time to rehab. Even if he only played 5 games next year, you don't think that's worth $1 million? What are you going to do with that $1 million? It's not like we don't have money to spend already.
Old 11-16-2007   #19
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
So you would rather not cut him, and pay him even though he never plays? I think we should cut him as soon as we can and go hard after Michael Turner
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #20
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
So you would rather not cut him, and pay him even though he never plays? I think we should cut him as soon as we can and go hard after Michael Turner
Why wouldn't we be able to go after him without cutting Green? We have plenty of money to give him to come here...I don't understand.

IMO it is this kind of thinking that leaves us with weak positions like our RB situation is now. Why not keep Green and sign someone else...then we can have several running backs, and not just one.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read