Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-16-2007   #1
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 35052 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default S.I.com top 10 disappointing running backs

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.5.html

Guess who made #6?
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: S.I.com top 10 disappointing running backs

How does Reggie avoid this list?
Old 11-16-2007   #3
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Interesting LT isn't even on there.....not that he is sucking, but definitely not in his usual form.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #4
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Because when someone breaks their leg it is more disappointing no matter how well they were running at the time. I am sure Williams ment to break his leg, he did it on purpose.
Old 11-16-2007   #5
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 35052 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
Interesting LT isn't even on there.....not that he is sucking, but definitely not in his usual form.
What's up with Rivers? He has totally sucked this season so far.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Because when someone breaks their leg it is more disappointing no matter how well they were running at the time. I am sure Williams ment to break his leg, he did it on purpose.
I like how pretty much everyone on the list has had some sort of injury and still have comparable stats to Reggie, yet he is not disappointing even though he is healthy
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #7
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
because he hasn't been as disappointing as the 10 on this list. You see most writers out there don't have this incessant desire to prove that Reggie sucks and that the Texans made the right choice. They would be the first to tell you that Reggie hasn't lived up to the hype but they would also follow that by saying he hasn't been a disappointment especially when compared to some of the guys on this list. It seems that so many around here just want Reggie and VY to fail to somehow justify the Texans stupidity in selecting Mario #1 and not going with competitors like RB or VY or trading down. The Texans were stupid and it was all because of $$ and signability....and nothing to do with football...no matter how many times they tell you the contrary... Thanks Bob, Gary, and Asserley.
Old 11-16-2007   #8
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Cadillac is on there why no Ronnie Brown?
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #9
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 170382 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
because he hasn't been as disappointing as the 10 on this list. You see most writers out there don't have this incessant desire to prove that Reggie sucks and that the Texans made the right choice. They would be the first to tell you that Reggie hasn't lived up to the hype but they would also follow that by saying he hasn't been a disappointment especially when compared to some of the guys on this list. It seems that so many around here just want Reggie and VY to fail to somehow justify the Texans stupidity in selecting Mario #1 and not going with competitors like RB or VY or trading down. The Texans were stupid and it was all because of $$ and signability....and nothing to do with football...no matter how many times they tell you the contrary... Thanks Bob, Gary, and Asserley.
All three are at various levels of sucking. End of story. Taking any of those three at #1 would be stupid at this moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because he's pretty much on par with what a lot of us expected.
Old 11-16-2007   #11
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, my firewall at work won't let me see the list.

Can anyone post the quick version for me? I don't need to know why they're on the list, but I would be appreciative if someone can tell me who is on there....
Old 11-16-2007   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It seems that so many around here just want Reggie and VY to fail to somehow justify the Texans stupidity in selecting Mario #1 and not going with competitors like RB or VY or trading down.

Now SH, I have been consistent in my opinions about VY and Bush since they were playing at their respective schools. We could have drafted Manning and I would still feel the same way about those two guys...
Old 11-16-2007   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
excellent point, as tulexan noted the common denominator is injury

seems conterproductive to create such negative lists, like they wished injurys on themselves or something
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #14
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because you have to first be good before you can be disappointing.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
because Cadillac has sucked for a while now and Ronnie Brown was one of the league's premier running backs before his injury.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #16
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Hey, my firewall at work won't let me see the list.

Can anyone post the quick version for me? I don't need to know why they're on the list, but I would be appreciative if someone can tell me who is on there....
1. Rudi Johnson
2. Shaun Alexander
3. Thomas Jones
4. Cadillac Williams
5. Ced Benson
6. Ahman
7. Frank Gore
8. Steven Jackson
9. Travis Henry
10. Larry Johnson
Old 11-16-2007   #17
Lucky

Quote:
because he hasn't been as disappointing as the 10 on this list.
So you admit that Bush has been disappointing thus far? Just not as disappointing as myself and others see Reggie's performance.
Old 11-16-2007   #18
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
So you admit that Bush has been disappointing thus far? Just not as disappointing as myself and others see Reggie's performance.
considering the amount of hype given to Bush, anything short of Pro Bowl numbers would have been a disappointment. He has yet to reach that level, so that could be called disappointing. I would call it overhype and that he is what he is. a good running back with a lot of talent but a lot to learn about being a featured back (which is the only way one could justify a RB at #2 overall).

i just think some of us on this board, and not necessarily you, will find any reason to say Bush sucks in an attempt to somehow justify our own team's stupidity at choosing Mario #1. I don't want other players failures or somewhat disappointing performances used to make ourselves feel better about the selection of Mario. I want Mario to make us feel better about the pick....and I am still waiting.

One thing is for sure, I bet if we would have selected Bush, we would probably still have DC at QB and that can't be good. So at least we can take solace in that
Old 11-16-2007   #19
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
Because you have to first be good before you can be disappointing.
The survey says ............................

Ding Number One answer.
Old 11-16-2007   #20
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The reason reggie isn't on ther eis because he's doing the same as last year. He's playing poorly as expected.

The rest of the guys had huge expecations ,thus have been disapointments

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read