Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2004   #1
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Carr answers the "What happened?" Question

In today's Chronicle David Carr answered a fan who essentially asked what happened to the GOOD Texans. This was his answer:

"I wish I knew. I think we're still here, it's just a matter of running into a buzz saw, as my old college coach used to say. We played two division leaders on the road, and they got after our tail. We weren't exactly as ready as we thought we were. We're back in the position where we were the first two games of the season. Our team is going to have to show some character and bounce back."

Story link
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004   #2
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
In today's Chronicle David Carr answered a fan who essentially asked what happened to the GOOD Texans. This was his answer:

"We're back in the position where we were the first two games of the season. "[/url]
Well we won the following 2 games, so I guess that's a good thing
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004   #3
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Hopefully after reviewing the game, it will open up the Defenses eyes...Carr could really have gotten hurt because of literally NOOO protection....Hopefully they seen that and will now get MADDDD....
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004   #4
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

They started believing all the hype they were getting and got too comfortable.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004   #5
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yes they were over confident, and it started getting to them, and people said we were overconfident last season haha ! Now they could have really said that ! Maybe this will show them they have to work to win !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004   #6
TexanSuperstar
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to TexanSuperstar Send a message via MSN to TexanSuperstar Send a message via Yahoo to TexanSuperstar

Yeah i totally agree. They need to work harder cause we need the rest of these games to be wins! If not well, ya know. I would just hate to be one of the players, i'm glad i'm just a fan!
TexanSuperstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004   #7
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
yes they were over confident, and it started getting to them, and people said we were overconfident last season haha ! Now they could have really said that ! Maybe this will show them they have to work to win !
i cant believe they were over confident going into denver and ind. playing 2 of the best teams in the league on their home turf.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2004   #8
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

yeah and i cant believe they got their a** kicked the way they did, but it was either a lack of execution <(Capers) or they were just thinking they were unstoppable and not playing with a 100% either way they handed it to us !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004   #9
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSuperstar
I would just hate to be one of the players, i'm glad i'm just a fan!
I wouldn't I could stand losing a game or two and pick up my 40,000 dollar paycheck
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts did it again today against the Bears(41-3 in the 4th).. They are one hot team right now. Their offense sure is making it easy on that defense
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read