Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

I have a b*tch to pitch

FILO_Doc

Waterboy
As most of you know I am and have always been a season ticket holder, my question is why is the concession prices so high????? I understand that AAramark has to make its money but do they need to make it all the first game and then on the second game and then again on the third game--------
I think you are getting my point.

If we look at the Astros

How many games are played at Minute Maid Park? What is the average ticket cost? During the regular season I would guess that to be around $12.00. They have numorous $1.00 Hot Dog nights and other (food special nights) or promotions.

How many discounted food promotions do we see when our average seat is $30.00. Am I the only one that sees this I don't think so

The NFL has to get all of its money in 10 home games as opposed to baseball and basketball who have many more home dates.

my ***** is how they recently (2 games back) have very subtly changed the Souvenir soda Cups. (yeah, yeah, who drinks Soda at a football game :shades: )

they used to be a really nice 3-D cup, the kind where you turned the cup slightly and got a different image. And they were high quality plastic, I even have a few left from the first season that I use almost daily.

NOW they are some cheap thin plastic cup, that looks smaller, and the picture 'appears' to be the same type, but is a flat picture with no 3-D movement to it at all.

You pay extra for the souvenir cup, and they have changed it to a cheaper model, with no cut on the price tag to the fans.

BOO on this decision.

NFL fans will forever suffer this problem. Just like movie theater goers. Eat outside :)

Also, I believe Aramark is partially charitable - that was the explanation given to me years ago when my credit card came out wrong after every game; that kids were earning money for their schools by working. (charity I was for as a kid, working a job and someone else gets the paycheck, I wasn't)

Doc, I would venture to say that the concessions at Reliant are middle of the pack in the NFL. As far as baseball, they can afford cheaper prices and $1.00 hotdog nights because they have 81 opportunities to generate revenue versus 10 shots for the NFL.

Maybe the Fan Appreciation Game would be a good one to offer a special discount. Or how about a nice little coupon booklet for all the season ticket holders. Have 1 coupon for each game that gives you $5 off your purchase, or maybe some kind of drink/food combo deal....

I have to agree with everyone about the amount of games (football vs baseball). There are 8x the amount of home games, so for a mean price you have to multiply the cost by 8. Of course we don't pay that much, but it's as close as you can get to an equal comparisson.

Judging by some of the threads I've seen at times about how horrible the food is, why would you want to buy it in the first place?

I don't buy food at Reliant or MMP. Aramark is horrible. And as much as $7 is insane for a beer, I'd rather spend $7 on a beer than $7 on a bowl of crappy, soggy nachos with some sort of...I don't know...chili substitute and yellow cheese-ish-looking substance on them?

At least I know what I'm getting when I buy a beer, temperature be damned.

Judging by some of the threads I've seen at times about how horrible the food is, why would you want to buy it in the first place?

I don't buy food at Reliant or MMP. Aramark is horrible. And as much as $7 is insane for a beer, I'd rather spend $7 on a beer than $7 on a bowl of crappy, soggy nachos with some sort of...I don't know...chili substitute and yellow cheese-ish-looking substance on them?

At least I know what I'm getting when I buy a beer, temperature be damned.

Yeah, I was very hungry by the end of the first half Sunday, but I just couldn't bring myself to open my wallet for such poor quality food. Instead, I just waited it out and then spent the same amount of money on a sit-down meal at Star Pizza.

I've eaten many a meal at Reliant, but I just can't do it anymore. I have no interest in constantly rewarding bad behavior.

I've only been to a couple of Rockets game, and Toyota Center food is downright tasty in comparison to Reliant.

Not to open a new thread. . .Where are my 2007 KOOZIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?:bat:
OH...You ain't kidding!!! I've had the same girl working the kiosk for the last 2 seasons I've been on the dark side, and every game when I walk up she knows I want my 07 koozie and tells me they don't have them this year. I don't think I got an 02 one, or even if they had one, but I've got 03, 04, 05 and 06.

NFL fans will forever suffer this problem. Just like movie theater goers. Eat outside :)

Also, I believe Aramark is partially charitable - that was the explanation given to me years ago when my credit card came out wrong after every game; that kids were earning money for their schools by working. (charity I was for as a kid, working a job and someone else gets the paycheck, I wasn't)
I don't think that Aramark is a charitable company. They are a publicly held company. But, I'm sure that they are given the prices that they charge. For several years I managed a concession stand at Rice Stadium. I was told what the prices would be. However, the quality of food and drink were my responsibility.

Aramark is the company that does the HISD food, if that helps (or hurts) your opinion of their cooking ability any. The charitable stuff is some concessions are manned by volunteers from a charity and the charity gets a fraction of the proceeds. When you consider that Aramark is getting free labor for these concessions, I wouldn't get too excited with what a wonderful charity organization they are.

We pretty much buy peanuts and beer.

Back