Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2007   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default signed CB Derrick Roberson

11/14 Signed cornerback Derrick Roberson to the practice squad. Released wide receiver Devin Aromashodu.

not huge news but news nevertheless
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007   #2
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: signed CB Derrick Roberson

He's back, which is cool to me as I was pulling for me during OTAs and camp. No real reason exept that I always pick on of the UDFAs to pull for.

From the draft re-cap thread that I wrote back in the spring:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
Derrick Roberson, CB, Rutgers
5’ 9” 182 lbs. 4.41

Roberson’s biggest wart (and all UDFA have warts) is his lack of height. The rest of his Pro Day numbers: 42 1/2” vertical, a 10’ 11” broad jump (the numbers show good explosiveness), 4.14 short shuttle, 6.87 three-cone, and 18 reps at 225. Returned 3 kicks for Tds.
Going off of his Pro Day numbers I really thought that he might have a shot at making the Practice Squad coming out of camp; but his is probably a depth/insurance move more then anything.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
He's back, which is cool to me as I was
Quote:
pulling for me
during OTAs and camp. No real reason exept that I always pick on of the UDFAs to pull for.

From the draft re-cap thread that I wrote back in the spring:

Going off of his Pro Day numbers I really thought that he might have a shot at making the Practice Squad coming out of camp; but his is probably a depth/insurance move more then anything.
Maybe his wart is not only his size? On a funnier note, I pull for "me" also during OTA and regular season as I often think I'll stroke or break a foot kicking inanimate objects.
Old 11-15-2007   #4
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
11/14 Signed cornerback Derrick Roberson to the practice squad. Released wide receiver Devin Aromashodu.
not huge news but news nevertheless
Wasn't Aromashodu picked up by the Colts? I thought I saw that somewhere on these boards.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007   #5
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Maybe his wart is not only his size? On a funnier note, I pull for "me" also during OTA and regular season as I often think I'll stroke or break a foot kicking inanimate objects.
I said his size was his "biggest" wart, not his only wart.

Aromashodu was signed after the Colts cut him, I don't think he has been resigned as of yet.

Update: It appeats that Aromashodu is indeed a Colt once again.

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=ar...1-cdd494a7a02d
Quote:
Also on Wednesday, the Colts re-signed to the active roster cornerback/returner T.J. Rushing, who was released last Friday. They also signed Devin Aromashodu, a wide receiver who spent training camp with the Colts.

Aromashodu was signed off the Houston Texans’ practice squad.
But we now have conflicting reports. The Texans say he was released, while the Colts say they signed him off our PS. If the Colts did sign him off the PS, it means he ahs to go to their active roster; whici according to the Colts website he is not the 6th WR.

http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=depth

Last edited by Errant Hothy; 11-15-2007 at 04:19 PM.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Good for "me"!
I like "me" too!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy may be short at 5'9" but 4.31? Whooee that should allow him to keep up. Now he has good leaping ability and if any kind of hang time, might make the team.
Old 11-16-2007   #8
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Sounds like a good prospect. Couldn't be any worse than Faggins, maybe we should give him a shot some time in the near future.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read