Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2007   #21
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predictions for Texans last seven games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I'm tired of all predictions that either predict us playing average football to slightly average football. It's like we're afraid of success. I want to see the Texans win the Super Bowl. Is it realistic for this year? No. But that's what the aim should be every year otherwise it's not worth it.
yep, you've got the attitude of one of my good friends. He goes into every game expecting a win. Otherwise, as he says, what's the point?

DeMeco Ryans said 7-0 for the rest of the season last night, too. But what else could he say? And I have no doubt that he believes it is possible.
Old 11-14-2007   #22
ActualTexan
upright biped

There was a lot of champagne in the huddle after the first two games. Thats all gone - and rightly so. I say 5-2 for the end of the season. Thats more like a bourbon prediction.
ActualTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #23
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

If 7-0 is champagne and 5-2 is Bourbon, I'm going with the Scotch pick 6-1
Old 11-14-2007   #24
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
AJ takes two weeks to work back into the mix and JJ never regains his confidence. Flannagan has season ending injury and White discovers he is not the guy. Bennett suffers a knee injury and DB coach says "I ain't never seen nothing like this". Travis Johnson makes two late hits against NO and is ejected. Schaub suffer another concussion and files to have his name changed to David Carr "at least he did not get a concussion playing for Houston". We finish season 4-12 but get McFadden in draft. In off season, we get report that Charles Spencer has healed and expected to be left tackle starter which is great because we drafted a "get to the QB defensive end" in 3rd round and a offensive guard in 4th as "you can't have enough guards who can also play tackle, yet never do."

Gary Kubiac again says he is satisfied with the safety situation and expects Ahman Green, Taylor Dayne (go with me on this) and the E-train 2 to be supported with the 5'8" 155lb RB we got in the 7th round. The kid also can do returns. He also says 2009 will be a good year to pick up depth and that is why we traded the 5th & 6th round picks to New England for their 2009 4th round. With two 4th round picks we will shop for another 1,000 yard back.

Rick Smith announces that Richard Smith and Mike SHerman have agreed to return for another year. Smith #1 also announces he will be interviewing street free agents at the Seabrook Hooter's and will be going through local supermarkets looking for the next Chester Pitts. I plan on hanging out at these locations. I am 5' 10' and weigh 165. Never played anything but back yard football, but who knows? I know how to carry a clip board and stay in the back ground. That should be worth something. GO TEXANS!
LOL! That's a pretty funny scenario BB, and I hope it's waaaaaay off!

Me, I think we can go anywhere between 6-1 and 2-5, depending on the "ole injury bug" again and how some of the returning players come back from their injuries. Also, the running game (if we find one) and how the new defensive backfield will play come into question. I know there's alot of "ifs" to this equation, but there's alot of "ifs" in life. We just have to deal with it. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #25
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

I am going to say we go 4 - 3 over the last seven games and end up at 8 - 8.
Old 11-14-2007   #26
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Nov. 18New Orleans-?
Nov. 25Cleveland-W
Dec. 02Tennessee-W
Dec. 09Tampa Bay-?
Dec. 13Denver-W
Dec. 23Indianapolis-?
Dec. 30Jacksonville-?

At least 3 to go 7-9, then it's up to attitude and injuries. I'd say we end up 9-7 if we beat NO, 8-8 if we don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #27
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Sweep! We win them all! WooOOooOO HOOOOoooO!

TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2007   #28
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Now that is a prediction.

I'll go on record saying that the Texans will play the last seven games.
I will watch 6 of the last 7 games . Damn You Time Warner /NFL Network!
Old 11-14-2007   #29
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they'll take 3 of the remaining 7.
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #30
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
If 7-0 is champagne and 5-2 is Bourbon, I'm going with the Scotch pick 6-1
7 - 0 Congac
6 - 1 BB
5 - 2 Rum and coke
5 - 3 Shiner Bock
4 - 4 Busch Light
3 - 4 Lone Star light
2 - 5 Schaffer
1 - 6 Boone Farm
0 - 7 is maddog 20/20

Cool now we can rate wins by the drink.
Old 11-15-2007   #31
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
7 - 0 Congac
6 - 1 BB
5 - 2 Rum and coke
5 - 3 Shiner Bock
4 - 4 Busch Light
3 - 4 Lone Star light
2 - 5 Schaffer
1 - 6 Boone Farm
0 - 7 is maddog 20/20

Cool now we can rate wins by the drink.
Sweet! Now we're talking!
Old 11-15-2007   #32
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
AJ takes two weeks to work back into the mix and JJ never regains his confidence. Flannagan has season ending injury and White discovers he is not the guy. Bennett suffers a knee injury and DB coach says "I ain't never seen nothing like this". Travis Johnson makes two late hits against NO and is ejected. Schaub suffer another concussion and files to have his name changed to David Carr "at least he did not get a concussion playing for Houston". We finish season 4-12 but get McFadden in draft. In off season, we get report that Charles Spencer has healed and expected to be left tackle starter which is great because we drafted a "get to the QB defensive end" in 3rd round and a offensive guard in 4th as "you can't have enough guards who can also play tackle, yet never do."

Gary Kubiac again says he is satisfied with the safety situation and expects Ahman Green, Taylor Dayne (go with me on this) and the E-train 2 to be supported with the 5'8" 155lb RB we got in the 7th round. The kid also can do returns. He also says 2009 will be a good year to pick up depth and that is why we traded the 5th & 6th round picks to New England for their 2009 4th round. With two 4th round picks we will shop for another 1,000 yard back.

Rick Smith announces that Richard Smith and Mike SHerman have agreed to return for another year. Smith #1 also announces he will be interviewing street free agents at the Seabrook Hooter's and will be going through local supermarkets looking for the next Chester Pitts. I plan on hanging out at these locations. I am 5' 10' and weigh 165. Never played anything but back yard football, but who knows? I know how to carry a clip board and stay in the back ground. That should be worth something. GO TEXANS!

you had me at Seabrook Hooter's
Old 11-15-2007   #33
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Nov. 18New Orleans-?
Nov. 25Cleveland-W
Dec. 02Tennessee-W
Dec. 09Tampa Bay-?
Dec. 13Denver-W
Dec. 23Indianapolis-?
Dec. 30Jacksonville-?

At least 3 to go 7-9, then it's up to attitude and injuries. I'd say we end up 9-7 if we beat NO, 8-8 if we don't.
I keep seeing predictions on the board that have us beating Cleveland! Is anyone paying attention to the high powerd offensive football Cleveland is playing these days? They are going to make the playoffs out of the AFC and just put up 30+ points against a good Pittsburg defense. Cleveland is not the same old Dawg it was and we damn sure better pay attention when is comes time or Anderson will burn up our secondary just as bad as Brees, Manning or anyone else can.

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007   #34
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownsportsfan View Post
I keep seeing predictions on the board that have us beating Cleveland! Is anyone paying attention to the high powerd offensive football Cleveland is playing these days? They are going to make the playoffs out of the AFC and just put up 30+ points against a good Pittsburg defense. Cleveland is not the same old Dawg it was and we damn sure better pay attention when is comes time or Anderson will burn up our secondary just as bad as Brees, Manning or anyone else can.
The Colts without Freeney are very beatable IMO... He is by far the best defensive player in football. He creates more havoc than anyone since Lawerence Taylor. I think his absence is going to greatly affect Indy's season. Even with their weak schedule, I think they lose at least 3 more games.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007   #35
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I have to agree with you on that. I'd put cleveland as a question mark in my book just seeing how far they've came. I'm not sure they'll be in the wild card hunt this year but they have come a long ways. Just wish our Texans will come a LONG ways.
Old 11-15-2007   #36
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with this, Cleveland has a very potent offense, it will be very tough win on the ROAD at that. And any divisional opponent is a toss up. So I say:

Nov. 18New Orleans- Win
Nov. 25Cleveland- L
Dec. 02Tennessee- Toss up
Dec. 09Tampa Bay- Win
Dec. 13Denver- Win
Dec. 23Indianapolis- L
Dec. 30Jacksonville- Toss up

I think we finish 7-9, 8-8, slim outside chance at 9-7. And that was my original prediction before the season started. http://texanstalk.com/forums/showpos...6&postcount=21

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 11-15-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007   #37
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I agree with this, Cleveland has a very potent offense, it will be very tough win on the ROAD at that. And any divisional opponent is a toss up. So I say:

Nov. 18New Orleans- Win
Nov. 25Cleveland- L
Dec. 02Tennessee- Toss up
Dec. 09Tampa Bay- Win
Dec. 13Denver- Win
Dec. 23Indianapolis- L
Dec. 30Jacksonville- Toss up

I think we finish 7-9, 8-8, slim outside chance at 9-7. And that was my original prediction before the season started.
Colts are a divisional opponent aren't they?
Old 11-15-2007   #38
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
Colts are a divisional opponent aren't they?
Yeah, I left them off as a toss up on purpose. I think the other two are much more winnable. I think because of our secondary issues we will have trouble with Manning again. And I think Dungy will not be resting those guys in week 16 either. Now if Bob Sanders can not stay healthy and we maintain some sort of running game so we can control the clock, I will revise it.
Old 11-15-2007   #39
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Nov. 18New Orleans- Win
Nov. 25Cleveland- toss up
Dec. 02Tennessee- win
Dec. 09Tampa Bay- toss up
Dec. 13Denver- Win
Dec. 23Indianapolis- win
Dec. 30Jacksonville- win

I think there is no reason we shouldn't win the games I have listed as wins. There is almost no reason we should lose the ones I have as toss up's.
Cleveland is a good team but Houston I feel is better right now if they play to their potential. Tampa Bay looks decent I think they if Houston doesn't really kick it up then Tampa bay will have their way with us.
Old 11-15-2007   #40
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we'll finish somewhere between 4-12 and 11-5. Not really sure where though

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read