Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2007   #1
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 3444 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Predictions for Texans last seven games

-AJ picks up right where he left off. He finishes with 10 TD catches over the last seven games.

-Schaub improves his TD pass production with AJ back and finishes the season with 15 TDs and 11 interceptions.

-Echemandu becomes the starter in the next few weeks and finishes with four 100-yd games.

-Because of better offensive performance, the defense is on the field less and improves it's overall performance.

-Jacoby Jones becomes a dependable #3 receiver and returns two punts for TDs.

-Texans go 5-2 over the last seven games, finishing at 9-7, and barely missing the playoffs.

A lot of homerism here- what do you all think about the last seven games?
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #2
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Predictions for Texans last seven games

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedr View Post
-AJ picks up right where he left off. He finishes with 10 TD catches over the last seven games.

-Schaub improves his TD pass production with AJ back and finishes the season with 15 TDs and 11 interceptions.

-Echemandu becomes the starter in the next few weeks and finishes with four 100-yd games.

-Because of better offensive performance, the defense is on the field less and improves it's overall performance.

-Texans go 5-2 over the last seven games, finishing at 9-7, and barely missing the playoffs.

so schaub doesnt throw a single td to anyone apart from aj the last 7 games?? i dont think so

anyway i dont know how we'll do the last 7 weeks (depends on what we see this weekend)... the sad thing is that if we play like we did the first few weeks (unlikely with dunta etc gone), we could realistically go 7-0 the next few weeks because all the teams left are pretty beatable (given that hopefully peyton and co will prob be sitting by week 16)

based on the last few week i see us going 2-5 or 3-4
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #3
mattschaub#8
hi im matt jk

Talking well reasons we will be 9 - 7

the texans have gone through some hard times with out andra steve mickinney and matt schaub and others like last week when dauta hurt his leg...

well good news texans fans matt schaub and andra johnson is back and hopefully green well play the holl game we have sants comeing here but hear me out they just l ost to the rams and we have andra back and matt schaub to rev up the offence and andra is ready to play i say the games guan be close texans win[/color]

then the browns yes they do look good but yeah a win close game as well come on the browns :p

then the titans i duno about this 1 ill say loss well maby win maby we will be 10 - 6 duno

then the buccanners we will win no doubt abot it
they well be shocked

then the broncos another win ... lol

colts na lol we lost sadly our def is hurting with out dunta

jaqs we win close game tho there qb is good and so is the running back could go any way
mattschaub#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ takes two weeks to work back into the mix and JJ never regains his confidence. Flannagan has season ending injury and White discovers he is not the guy. Bennett suffers a knee injury and DB coach says "I ain't never seen nothing like this". Travis Johnson makes two late hits against NO and is ejected. Schaub suffer another concussion and files to have his name changed to David Carr "at least he did not get a concussion playing for Houston". We finish season 4-12 but get McFadden in draft. In off season, we get report that Charles Spencer has healed and expected to be left tackle starter which is great because we drafted a "get to the QB defensive end" in 3rd round and a offensive guard in 4th as "you can't have enough guards who can also play tackle, yet never do."

Gary Kubiac again says he is satisfied with the safety situation and expects Ahman Green, Taylor Dayne (go with me on this) and the E-train 2 to be supported with the 5'8" 155lb RB we got in the 7th round. The kid also can do returns. He also says 2009 will be a good year to pick up depth and that is why we traded the 5th & 6th round picks to New England for their 2009 4th round. With two 4th round picks we will shop for another 1,000 yard back.

Rick Smith announces that Richard Smith and Mike SHerman have agreed to return for another year. Smith #1 also announces he will be interviewing street free agents at the Seabrook Hooter's and will be going through local supermarkets looking for the next Chester Pitts. I plan on hanging out at these locations. I am 5' 10' and weigh 165. Never played anything but back yard football, but who knows? I know how to carry a clip board and stay in the back ground. That should be worth something. GO TEXANS!
Old 11-14-2007   #5
mattschaub#8
hi im matt jk

Default Re: well reasons we will be 9 - 7

wht do yall think
mattschaub#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #6
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 3444 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
so schaub doesnt throw a single td to anyone apart from aj the last 7 games?? i dont think so

anyway i dont know how we'll do the last 7 weeks (depends on what we see this weekend)... the sad thing is that if we play like we did the first few weeks (unlikely with dunta etc gone), we could realistically go 7-0 the next few weeks because all the teams left are pretty beatable (given that hopefully peyton and co will prob be sitting by week 16)

based on the last few week i see us going 2-5 or 3-4

Who says all AJ's TD receptions are from Schaub? He might miss another game or two later on.
Old 11-14-2007   #7
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sounds pretty good to me. This city would go nuts if the Texans finished with a winning record.
Old 11-14-2007   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

One game at a time. New Orleans is next. If we can win that and pull to .500 I'll think about the next one.
Old 11-14-2007   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
One game at a time. New Orleans is next. If we can win that and pull to .500 I'll think about the next one.
I think our offense will match up but worried our defense will crater.
Old 11-14-2007   #10
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I think a week off for rest will do wonders this week. Offense should score on the 'aints, and the defense will do just enough to help pull out a win.

Oh yeah...Mario sacks Brees twice, and Amobi recovers a fumble. You heard it here first!

Old 11-14-2007   #11
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans win the Super Bowl.
Old 11-14-2007   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278016 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Texans win the Super Bowl.
Now that is a prediction.

I'll go on record saying that the Texans will play the last seven games.
Old 11-14-2007   #13
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
AJ takes two weeks to work back into the mix and JJ never regains his confidence. Flannagan has season ending injury and White discovers he is not the guy. Bennett suffers a knee injury and DB coach says "I ain't never seen nothing like this". Travis Johnson makes two late hits against NO and is ejected. Schaub suffer another concussion and files to have his name changed to David Carr "at least he did not get a concussion playing for Houston". We finish season 4-12 but get McFadden in draft. In off season, we get report that Charles Spencer has healed and expected to be left tackle starter which is great because we drafted a "get to the QB defensive end" in 3rd round and a offensive guard in 4th as "you can't have enough guards who can also play tackle, yet never do."

Gary Kubiac again says he is satisfied with the safety situation and expects Ahman Green, Taylor Dayne (go with me on this) and the E-train 2 to be supported with the 5'8" 155lb RB we got in the 7th round. The kid also can do returns. He also says 2009 will be a good year to pick up depth and that is why we traded the 5th & 6th round picks to New England for their 2009 4th round. With two 4th round picks we will shop for another 1,000 yard back.

Rick Smith announces that Richard Smith and Mike SHerman have agreed to return for another year. Smith #1 also announces he will be interviewing street free agents at the Seabrook Hooter's and will be going through local supermarkets looking for the next Chester Pitts. I plan on hanging out at these locations. I am 5' 10' and weigh 165. Never played anything but back yard football, but who knows? I know how to carry a clip board and stay in the back ground. That should be worth something. GO TEXANS!
You get high marks for creativity, but something tells me your prognostication powers suck.

Nevertheless, very nice post!
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Who says all AJ's TD receptions are from Schaub? He might miss another game or two later on.
You said AJ has 10 TD catches over the last 7 games. Schaub currently has 5 Td's and 7 INT's...To get schaub to 15 TD's he would need to make 10 TD's passes.

Tis possible Schaub throws a TD to say Kevin Walter but then that would mean Sage would have to throw a TD to AJ.

I just hope we don't sustain any more serious injuries.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #15
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post

Continuity problems
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
You said AJ has 10 TD catches over the last 7 games. Schaub currently has 5 Td's and 7 INT's...To get schaub to 15 TD's he would need to make 10 TD's passes.

Tis possible Schaub throws a TD to say Kevin Walter but then that would mean Sage would have to throw a TD to AJ.
What the heck is all that supposed to mean?--that Schaub doesn't throw to AJ or TD's to AJ?

You do realize AJ had 3 TD receptions FROM SCHAUB in the 1st two games, right?--and 262 yds?
Old 11-14-2007   #17
tedr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post

I just hope we don't sustain any more serious injuries.

Not that it matters all that much, but my point was to say I expect AJ to have a total of 10 TD catches over the last seven games. If nobody but Schaub quarterbacks, then, yes, you are right, he'd have to throw all of his TDs to Johnson. However, I'm not assuming that he'll be in there all the time. There is the possibility that Sage might have to replace Schaub due to injury, and might connect with AJ some, and that someone besides AJ will catch one from Schaub. I do think that Schaub and Johnson work very well together, as evidenced by the first two games, and there's no doubt AJ will be Schaub's primary target.

I agree with you though- I hope all the serious injuries are overwith.
Old 11-14-2007   #18
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

It all depends on if they can get the steam rolling. If they can beat NO, then another, then another, they will have a much better shot at the play-offs. I think the reality is, though, that they're pass defense is going to get killed. 1-6 or 0-7.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Does everyone pretty much agree that the running game is not where our hopes lay? I think we should go beserk throwing to TEs and WRs with 3 or 4 end arounds by JJ and Davis. This would also increase effectiveness of draw play but also increase chances of losing all our QBs.
Old 11-14-2007   #20
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Now that is a prediction.

I'll go on record saying that the Texans will play the last seven games.
I'm tired of all predictions that either predict us playing average football to slightly above average football. It's like we're afraid of success. I want to see the Texans win the Super Bowl. Is it realistic for this year? No. But that's what the aim should be every year otherwise it's not worth it.

Last edited by Nawzer; 11-14-2007 at 03:50 PM.
Nawzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read