Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2007   #1
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default After Nine Games

Everybody in the NFL has played nine games now. So, a little comparison is in order. Following is how the divisions rank if you add up the wins/loses for the four teams in the division. After nine games, the NFC and the AFC are at parity, each conferance having a combined 72 wins each.

AFC South 638
NFC East 638
NFC North 583
AFC North 527
NFC South 444
AFC East 416
AFC West 416
NFC West 333

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #2
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP
Default Re: After Nine Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Everybody in the NFL has played nine games now. So, a little comparison is in order. Following is how the divisions rank if you add up the wins/loses for the four teams in the division. After nine games, the NFC and the AFC are at parity, each conferance having a combined 72 wins each.

AFC South 638
NFC East 638
NFC North 583
AFC North 527
NFC South 444
AFC East 416
AFC West 416
NFC West 333
Happen to have a record showing the current record of NFC vs. AFC games? That would be more telling.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

When I get home from work tonight, I was going to do some more stat hunting on the NFL site. I'll see about pulling that up.

edit to add: each conferance has won 20 inter-conferance games, so they are even. As to the rest of the league stats, the NFL hasn't updated with site with the Monday night game yet, so I'll check it again tomorrow for my usual stuff.

Last edited by Thorn; 11-14-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-15-2007   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

I waited until Thursday night this time to pull the stats.

Here is a comparison of Houston and NO after nine games. About the only noticable difference is we give up a tad more on the run, as does NO give up a little bit more on the pass.

Offense:
YPG: Houston 346 NO 353
Rush YPG: Houston 91 NO 87
Pass YPG: Houston 254 NO 265
Points PG: Houston 22 NO 22

Defense:
YPG: Houston 327 NO 352
Rush YPG: Houston 124 NO 100
Pass YPG: Houston 203 NO 251
Points PG: Houston 25 NO 24

Old 11-15-2007   #5
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Wow
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007   #6
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I waited until Thursday night this time to pull the stats.

Here is a comparison of Houston and NO after nine games. About the only noticable difference is we give up a tad more on the run, as does NO give up a little bit more on the pass.

Offense:
YPG: Houston 346 NO 353
Rush YPG: Houston 91 NO 87
Pass YPG: Houston 254 NO 265
Points PG: Houston 22 NO 22

Defense:
YPG: Houston 327 NO 352
Rush YPG: Houston 124 NO 100
Pass YPG: Houston 203 NO 251
Points PG: Houston 25 NO 24
I didn't realize how well matched these teams are. Nice.
Old 11-15-2007   #7
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
I didn't realize how well matched these teams are. Nice.
The biggest difference in the teams is their special teams. The Texans ST on average (strange shankatola and whiffed punts not withstanding) are better.

They are also very much box of chocolates teams--you never know which one you're gonna get.

Personally, I like my chocolates with nuts in them, and don't like the gooey fruit filled ones.
Old 11-15-2007   #8
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
The biggest difference in the teams is their special teams. The Texans ST on average (strange shankatola and whiffed punts not withstanding) are better.

They are also very much box of chocolates teams--you never know which one you're gonna get.

Personally, I like my chocolates with nuts in them, and don't like the gooey fruit filled ones.
Oh geez bites lip

PS: I do agree that special teams has been much improved this year.
Old 11-16-2007   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 118233 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

I couldn't agree more. This team has reeked of inconsistancy since their inception.

The Saints secondary is almost as bad as ours, so it might be a fairly high scoring game. Unless of course our running game actually makes it out of the locker room and we can control TOP. BUT....like TC said, it all depends on which chocolate we get on Sunday.
Old 11-16-2007   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see someone from defense step up. Do an Andre Davis. A Bennett or Hutchins for example. Or maybe a couple interceptions from our safeties. I want to see some plays that cause me to scream, jump and then shake the booty! Relax, I will be in the privacy of my place so it will not make ESPN.
Old 11-16-2007   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I want to see someone from defense step up. Do an Andre Davis. A Bennett or Hutchins for example. Or maybe a couple interceptions from our safeties. I want to see some plays that cause me to scream, jump and then shake the booty! Relax, I will be in the privacy of my place so it will not make ESPN.
Brown has a leg. If Mario was ever going to step up and have a monster game, this is it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read