Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-12-2004   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Miami U. produces incredible talent !

Just happen to be watching the rerun of this college game from back in 2001 between Miami & Virginia Tech on Channel 68 and the Miami QB is Ken Dorsey. OK, not that impreased. Check this out: the rest of the Hurricanes offense includes Clinton Portis @ RB, Jeremy Shockey @ TE, Bryan McKinney in @ tackle in the O-line and they have a young WR (probably sophomore or maybe even freshman), named Andre Johnston. The talent coming out of Miami is incredible !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004   #2
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Miami always has a great crop of pro prospects.
Old 11-12-2004   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

19 1st round draft picks in the past 4 years. 25 current starters in the NFL.

I think you're on to something, Scoop.
Old 11-13-2004   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
19 1st round draft picks in the past 4 years. 25 current starters in the NFL.
I think you're on to something, Scoop.
I'm fully aware of the stats, anybody can recite that info. But, just to see them all on the field in the same game and on the same team at the same time was stunning.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004   #5
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

They are now finally showing the effects of the huge yearly movement to the NFL and they've also been hit hard by injuries. But their yearly contribution to the NFL has been amazing.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004   #6
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I believe their head coach said it best when asked why Miami always seems to turn out such great NFL prospects. He mentioned that since there was such a great collection of talent facing off against each other every day in practice for 3 or 4 years they were better prepared for playing in the NFL. I agree that it is amazing to see such talent playing together on the field. Even if you watch them this year you'll see a lot of very talented players. I particularly like the former Notre Dame player they have. I believe he's a TE, and his name is Olson. Looks alot like Todd Heap to me, but I haven't noticed how well he can block yet. Most schools are lucky to have one or two top caliber players, but Miami seems to stock up on them every year.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #7
LiveForTheGame
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LiveForTheGame

I hate Miami. I absolutely hate them. Only because of the way they keep handing it to Florida State year after year. I don't deny they have the best collection of talent in the nation. The team is filled to the brim with starters that have a game on a level between college and pro while playing college. Personally, my oppinion is that they're starters are so good year after year because of the attitude and atmosphere the team has. That's one of the biggest things to having a great team and great players. The attitude and atmosphere cause drastic growths or declines.
LiveForTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2004   #8
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Odd...one of the reasons I like Miami is because of the way they hand it to FSU every year.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004   #9
ColdSteelBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Just happen to be watching the rerun of this college game from back in 2001 between Miami & Virginia Tech on Channel 68 and the Miami QB is Ken Dorsey. OK, not that impreased. Check this out: the rest of the Hurricanes offense includes Clinton Portis @ RB, Jeremy Shockey @ TE, Bryan McKinney in @ tackle in the O-line and they have a young WR (probably sophomore or maybe even freshman), named Andre Johnston. The talent coming out of Miami is incredible !
Did you just realize this?
ColdSteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004   #10
TexansCanes
All Pro

you didn't even mention the players on defense
Old 11-16-2004   #11
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

In other news, the sun is set to rise in the east tomorrow.
Old 11-16-2004   #12
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, you are forgetting guys like Ed Reed...

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004   #13
TexansCanes
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10
In other news, the sun is set to rise in the east tomorrow.
that was a great line, i was laughing for awhile after that one.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read