Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-12-2007   #1
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cleveland's QBs

Is Brady Quinn better than any QB this years draft ... hmmm ?

Round Dan

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 11-12-2007 at 09:38 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #2
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam
Default Re: Cleveland's QBs

Hard to tell, considering that neither he nor JaMarcus Russell has taken a snap this season. I would say that Trent Edwards has performed this best from the 07 class, if only because he's the only one that performed. :P

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, Jared Zabransky.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
Hard to tell, considering that neither he nor JaMarcus Russell has taken a snap this season. I would say that Trent Edwards has performed this best from the 07 class, if only because he's the only one that performed. :P
Derek Anderson is having a monster year .

If Brady is rated above any QB coming out , why not trade him for a higher pick than you gave up for him .

Round Dan
Old 11-12-2007   #5
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Derek Anderson is having a monster year .

If Brady is rated above any QB coming out , why not trade him for a higher pick than you gave up for him .
Was Brady the highest rated? I was pretty sure it was JaMarcus Russell, but I could be wrong. Either way, I doubt that the Browns let go of Quinn. In fact, I would expect them to trade Anderson away before I see them let go of Quinn.

There's a thought. Derek Anderson, anyone? Of course I'm only half serious, but it would be hard to pass up on.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #6
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I have said that they should trade quinn to the panthers or bears first round pick...
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
Was Brady the highest rated? I was pretty sure it was JaMarcus Russell, but I could be wrong. Either way, I doubt that the Browns let go of Quinn. In fact, I would expect them to trade Anderson away before I see them let go of Quinn.

There's a thought. Derek Anderson, anyone? Of course I'm only half serious, but it would be hard to pass up on.
This years draft because he's better than Ryan or Woolfolk .

Round Dan
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2007   #8
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post
I have said that they should trade quinn to the panthers or bears first round pick...
I bet the Chargers would rather have Brees . That's why I say trade Quinn .

Round Dan
Old 11-12-2007   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

This question is premature. We have to wait three years before any type of determination can be made.

Or so I've heard.
Old 11-13-2007   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

I'm starting to pull for the Browns . The Texans are so iffy that I need to pull for someone who's got some chances .

I'm hoping the Browns go 12-4 and pick 27th . This means Dallas traded the 22nd pick for the 27th pick .

I also hope the Browns trade Quinn to the 6-10 Panthers who pick 8th . That means they traded the 22nd pick for the 8th pick because we know the Panthers need a QB for the future .

Round Dan
Old 11-13-2007   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This years draft because he's better than Ryan or Woolfolk .
He might be better than Woolfolk (?) & Matt Ryan but there is no way he is better than Brian Brohm or Andre Woodson.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007   #12
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
He might be better than Woolfolk (?) & Matt Ryan but there is no way he is better than Brian Brohm or Andre Woodson.
I'm thinking that Brady Quinn is a better prospect than both .

Round Dan
Old 11-13-2007   #13
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm thinking that Brady Quinn is a better prospect than both .
I never saw it. And I think it would be hard to find an NFL scout that did.

I think the Browns made a great move by trading up to get Quinn. He had really good value at 22.

But Brohm would have been the #1 pick if he had declared last year & he is still a top 10 player (his team is killing his draft status).

Woodson is easily a top 10 pick. There is really no arguement against him.
Old 11-13-2007   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Brady Quinn 2006
2006 289 467 3426 61.9 7.34 62 37 7 31 146.65

Brian Brohm 2007
Projected 334 497 4289 67.2 8.63 81 34 11 22 157.64

Andre Woodson
Projected 278 438 3184 63.6 7.27 57 35 8 29 147.00

Round Dan

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 11-13-2007 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-13-2007   #15
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Brady Quinn 2006

Brian Brohm 2007

Andre Woodson
Could you title the stats so I can tell what is what?
Old 11-13-2007   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

year - comp - att - yards - % - YPA - long - TD - INT - ? - passer rating
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007   #17
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
This question is premature. We have to wait three years before any type of determination can be made.

Or so I've heard.
i thought it was five???
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Brady Quinn 2006

Brian Brohm 2007

Andre Woodson
So Brohm is on pace to have a way higher completion percentage, way more yds per attempt, & a higher efficiency rating. All that while having absolutely no talent on his entire team besides Harry Douglas.

Woodson is on pace to have a higher completion percentage, virtually the same yds per attempt, & a comparable efficiency rating. All that while playing on a mediocre team in the SEC.
Old 11-13-2007   #19
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

I'm not a big Quinn fan but with him Notre dame was 10-3 . Without him ND is 1-9 . They did'nt lose a lot of guys to the NFL either .

Brohm ... name a good QB out of Louisville ? Oh ... Dave Ragone NFLE MVP .

Woodson ... has an arm . Does he have the experience ?

Round Dan

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 11-13-2007 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-13-2007   #20
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
So Brohm is on pace to have a way higher completion percentage, way more yds per attempt, & a higher efficiency rating. All that while having absolutely no talent on his entire team besides Harry Douglas.

Woodson is on pace to have a higher completion percentage, virtually the same yds per attempt, & a comparable efficiency rating. All that while playing on a mediocre team in the SEC.
Woodson's an SEC QB that's a plus .

You trade for Quinn you don't have to pay him top 10 money .

Round Dan

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read