Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-15-2007   #61
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Reggie going to play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djones90 View Post
its alright not to be scared but we better worry because this guy still has the skills to break any touch he gets but as long as we are in the area he will just lay down or go out of bounds. wimp
I don't think he is a wimp or anything like that. I just don't think he can run between the tackles successfully for a full game, much less a full season.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007   #62
primadox
GEAUX TIGERS!!

Send a message via Yahoo to primadox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Actualy to be fair, when Carr was re-signed, it was Bob McNair that was saying that Carr was the quarterback that was going to take the Texans to the Super Bowl.

When Kubiak was asked about that, he thought that question was unfair. That no one guy is going to take you to the Super Bowl, that quarterbacking is part of a larger team effort.

I remember that listening to it on the radio because my thought at the time was that Kubiak was much more realistic about what one player can do for you. And the contrast was pretty stark between McNair's statements and Kubiak's.
I remember that too. Great recall on that; thanks!

Longtime Saints fan here, living in Houston. Texans are my "other team" but since I've been pulling for the Saints since their early years, I won't switch my allegiance...sorry! I'm either a very loyal fan or a sucker for punishment, LOL. Anyway, here's to a good game with as many starters back as possible, and please, no more injuries for either team!! And yes, I'm starting Andre Johnson in all of the fantasy teams I have him on...I'm no fool. Even if the Saints get ahead, the secondary is our weak spot and I fully expect the Texans to try and take advantage of that.

Here's to a good time for all this Sunday! We'll be tailgating away in the blue lot!
Old 11-15-2007   #63
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmm, Matt Mosley at ESPN picked up my Mario, Vince, Bush post.

Hashmarks: Mario v. Reggie

This is his conclusion:

Quote:
The Texans made a really bad decision, and trying to justify it with forced praise of a mediocre defensive end just makes things worse. I don't think Williams will ever play in a Pro Bowl, and that's not good news when you take a player at the top of the draft.
Oh really? I don't think Kubiak is forcing his praise because he hasn't hestitated to criticize in the past.

And I can't say that Bush's performance against the Rams of 7 carries for 17 yards, 1 TD, 5 catches for 27 yards and a mild concussion coming off a week where he couldn't practice because of a bummed knee makes me wish that the Texans woulda have taken Bush.

In retrospect, with what I know now, I wish the Texans could have traded back, I suppose, but with the way the draft was, I don't believe that was realistically possible.

Probably the best peformance at the top of the 2005 draft is AJ Hawk, and I'd rather have Ryans anyway.
Old 11-15-2007   #64
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Reading the conference calls on the main site is kinda funny. The media gave Reggie some hard nosed questions. I got the sense he was uncomfortable to say the least.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007   #65
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't the NFL have a rule that if a player suffers a concussion they have to sit out the following week for precautionary measures?
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007   #66
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Mosley needs to talk to one of his associates at ESPN, Bill Parsells, and ask him how and why he ranked the players coming out of college and into the 2006 NFL Draft.
And to Bushs response about his accomplishments (or lack of) as a running back, sounds like his response about him, his family, free rent and his X-agent when at USC - "No Comment".
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007   #67
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
Doesn't the NFL have a rule that if a player suffers a concussion they have to sit out the following week for precautionary measures?
I know that they had that for QBs (they had to be certified by a Neurologist before their return), but if they passed the exams, then they could still play.
Old 11-15-2007   #68
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djones90 View Post
its alright not to be scared but we better worry because this guy still has the skills to break any touch he gets but as long as we are in the area he will just lay down or go out of bounds. wimp
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007   #69
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

While I think Reggie Bush is overated, his toughness is underated.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007   #70
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
While I think Reggie Bush is overated, his toughness is underated.
A perfectly logical and acceptable opinion. While there's a lot of things Reggie Bush isn't, the notion that he isn't a tough player is utterly ridiculous. He's not a powerful back and I don't think he ever will be. His durablility might be questioned. He is undoubtedly overhyped, although the qualifications for that apply to many players. But the bottom line is I appreciate what he brings to the field on Sundays and don't think we'd be as good a team without him.
Old 11-15-2007   #71
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

By the end of the season, we will have a better idea of how "durable" a player Bush is, if he is kept in the role of "premiere running back." My guess is that we are already getting a glimpse of the answer..............and the final answer may come before the season's end........that is, before the Saints season's end............
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007   #72
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like Bush will be playing. Courtesy of the roto.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotoWire
Bush, who reportedly suffered a concussion in Week 10, is not listed on New Orleans' first Week 11 injury report.
It looks like Bush will be available for full duty on Sunday.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007   #73
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did anyone else catch Justice's blog comment that Williams has been playing no better than a sixth rounder?
Sounds about right for someone who writes like a sixth grader.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007   #74
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post
Looks like Bush will be playing. Courtesy of the roto.....
I knew his concussion was just an excuse for going 7 rushes for 17 yards.He will play.
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #75
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
I hope he is going to play. It would be a timeless image if Mario Williams were to lay a beastly tackle on him. It would shout a thousand words into the ears of every Bush manloving, Mario hater.
First someone needs to teach the guy a move. Put this foot here. Put that foot there. We'll see.
Old 11-16-2007   #76
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlam View Post
A perfectly logical and acceptable opinion. While there's a lot of things Reggie Bush isn't, the notion that he isn't a tough player is utterly ridiculous. He's not a powerful back and I don't think he ever will be. His durablility might be questioned. He is undoubtedly overhyped, although the qualifications for that apply to many players. But the bottom line is I appreciate what he brings to the field on Sundays and don't think we'd be as good a team without him.
Yeah but the big question with him has always been is he worth the fifty million ? He's not exactly a steady Eddie. Lets see, they started smashing him between the tackles and now has a boo-boo ? Is that it ? Cap wolves are coming buddy. Enjoy it.
Old 11-16-2007   #77
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
By the end of the season, we will have a better idea of how "durable" a player Bush is, if he is kept in the role of "premiere running back." My guess is that we are already getting a glimpse of the answer..............and the final answer may come before the season's end........that is, before the Saints season's end............
I know they have him starting, but they don't run him that much, so I would be hesitant to acll him the "premiere running back" even now that Deuce is out. Looks to me like they just don't have one.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #78
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Hmmm, Matt Mosley at ESPN picked up my Mario, Vince, Bush post.

Hashmarks: Mario v. Reggie

This is his conclusion:

Oh really? I don't think Kubiak is forcing his praise because he hasn't hestitated to criticize in the past.

And I can't say that Bush's performance against the Rams of 7 carries for 17 yards, 1 TD, 5 catches for 27 yards and a mild concussion coming off a week where he couldn't practice because of a bummed knee makes me wish that the Texans woulda have taken Bush.

In retrospect, with what I know now, I wish the Texans could have traded back, I suppose, but with the way the draft was, I don't believe that was realistically possible.

Probably the best peformance at the top of the 2005 draft is AJ Hawk, and I'd rather have Ryans anyway.
Well T.C., you see the guy running down WRs on reveres...you know the tallnet is there. But clearly, after two position coaches and twenty five games,I mean , you can teach a horse to stomp the ground four times when you say "what is two plus two ?". Doesn't mean the horse understands the concept of computation. After twenty five games...you gotta start to wonder what this horse is capable of processing ? The guy still has one move in the bag...the bull rush. That's it. You see another one please let us know.
Old 11-16-2007   #79
jlam
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Amigo Invisible View Post
I knew his concussion was just an excuse for going 7 rushes for 17 yards.He will play.
Lmao. I knew Matt Shaub's concussion was just an excuse for his 2 ints and 31.3 QB rating.

One star post.
Old 11-16-2007   #80
jlam
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Yeah but the big question with him has always been is he worth the fifty million ? He's not exactly a steady Eddie. Lets see, they started smashing him between the tackles and now has a boo-boo ? Is that it ? Cap wolves are coming buddy. Enjoy it.
Meh, honestly though who is worth that much money before they've proven anything? Is Mario? Is D'Brickashaw Fergeson? Hell, is Vince Young?

Sometimes they are sometimes not, but that's the system we have. That's the market.

I think it's logical to question his durability, at least until he proves it to be a non-issue. However, this is not a boo-boo - it's a mild concussion resulting from a helmet to helmet hit. It's football, that happens sometimes and I'm not complaining about the hit as I don't think it was intentional. But he's not even missing any time from it so I'm not sure why the big deal.

Also, there's been little to no "smashing between the tackles", even though I wish there would be from time to time.

And the "cap wolves" are overrated. See: Redskins, Washington. Weren't they supposed to have imploded as a football team by now?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read