Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2007   #21
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No divisional ground lost, AFC wild card watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
all facts and opinions aside, just talking about it as a possibility get's me SUPER pumped for next sunday.... as was stated.... first things first, NO next sunday.

Go Texans

great post by the way. rep.
So, Barrett, does that mean that you may watch the game this Sunday? I know you've gone on a recent Texan-watching hiatus. Hopefully, it won't last as long as your decision not to stand for the National Anthem.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #22
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Exactly.

Jacksonville looks to be the only solid Wild Card team. Of course they look solid every year but this time they are Leftwhich-less. We also get to play them again.
They have some injury issues, esp on defense. And I am not sold yet on their QB situation. And I won't believe they are mentally tough until they show they are mentally tough.

The flipside of this is that at least they aren't absolutely awful at any of the three phases of the game. A lot of the other teams on this list are bad offensively or bad defensively and/or not reliable on STs.

The differences between wins and losses are very small.

Texans end up beating the Raiders. But early in that game, OD fumbles the ball deep in Texans own territory but the Texans recover and eat clock and move the ball. In previous losses, that ball bounces to the other team, the Texans get behind, over rely on the pass, and start getting teed off on.

The Texans need to hold onto the ball and not be ridiculously awful, blowedup coverage, bad tackling on defense. And they need some balls to bounce their way a few times. And I dearly hope AJ comes back as AJ. (I want to see Jacoby Jones look like his pre-injury self too--he still seems tenative on returns).

Given that the Texans lead the league in guys on IR before this last weekend, and who the Texans have been missing due to injury on a game to game basis, that we can even be having a very theoretical discussion about the Texans and the wild card is surprising to me.
Old 11-12-2007   #23
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think 8-8 will be a real accomplishment for us. I will be cheering my butt of every game no matter what.
Old 11-12-2007   #24
ActualTexan
upright biped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I think 8-8 will be a real accomplishment for us.
YES....that would make a good season of it.

And, in the off season, lets do some "conditioning"...perhaps avoid some injuries so we can play at full strength.
ActualTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #25
ActualTexan
upright biped

OFF TOPIC

geez, football yesterday was a snore
ActualTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #26
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

I noticed that Houston was on the Bubble yesterday and got kind of excited. It'd be nice if we made the play offs. Anythings possible right?
Old 11-12-2007   #27
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we need to focus on the game in front of us all teams have areas to exploit. The ? week to week is can we exploit those weakness and overcome our own.
This week is the Saints so let's put all of the focus on what is the best way to beat the Saints!
Old 11-12-2007   #28
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

For all who think that Indy will be an automatic loss, you must remember how they like to rest their starters at the end of the season. Also, many of their guys are injured right now. I wouldn't automatically count that as a loss just yet.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #29
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 77725 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly don't see this team winning more games this season. Not with the secondary we are putting out there right now. D Rob was probably the worst injury we could have on a defense that wasn't stopping a lot of people to begin with.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #30
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42267 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I honestly don't see this team winning more games this season. Not with the secondary we are putting out there right now. D Rob was probably the worst injury we could have on a defense that wasn't stopping a lot of people to begin with.
With AJ back in the line-up I see this Texans O as getting a lot more explosive. Sure, we might have to win games 43 - 40, but its a win.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #31
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With AJ back in the line-up I see this Texans O as getting a lot more explosive. Sure, we might have to win games 43 - 40, but its a win.
I'd take that over the old Capers 9-7 wins.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #32
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
I think we need to focus on the game in front of us all teams have areas to exploit. The ? week to week is can we exploit those weakness and overcome our own.
This week is the Saints so let's put all of the focus on what is the best way to beat the Saints!
The team needs to focus on the game in front of them.

We, on the other hand, can hope, dream and root.
Old 11-12-2007   #33
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So you're saying that right now, you think the Texans will go 0-7 in the next set of games and finish 4 - 12? Really? Not one game at all? I can see why losing Daunta Hurts a lot, but we are getting back AJ, whom you could argue was just as important to our offense as Daunta is to our defense. I think we can at least beat Denver. They look pretty bad this year.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #34
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ouch I wouldnt say things like this out loud.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #35
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1256 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There's the spirit! All we have to do is score more points than they do.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #36
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
What's interesting about this list is that all these teams have *issues.* A lot of unsettled QB situations and injuries. Lots of inconsistency. Any of these teams could crater in the later half of the season because of their particular issues, or they can deal with them.
I agree, I think plenty of these teams could easily crater. The Broncos and the Jags seem to be the only strong teams. Plus as you say, they both have QB problems.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #37
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post
There's the spirit! All we have to do is score more points than they do.
Well, if you don't score points you're not gonna win the football game.
All wide receivers are delusional.
What?
You're delusional.
Run, run, run the ball, gently down the field!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #38
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 77725 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Ouch I wouldnt say things like this out loud.
Yeah, I just re-read what I posted. I left out the word "many". I don't see the Texans winning many more games this season. No, I don't think they are going 0-7 the rest of the way, at least I hope not.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #39
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone else notice how tough Jax and Ten's schedules are? I think if we only worry about divisional situations right now (forget KC, Den, Cle etc.) and we'll be fine. Winning those next 3 AFC south matchups would be HUGE even 2-1 in those would be awesome.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #40
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 164018 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well lets see who we have left...

Saints; (H) -- I believe we can win this one because I'm not sold on the Saints defense. However, the Saints will be out to make amends for handing St. Louis their first win.
Browns; (A) -- This game worries me. Its in the DawgPound and Cleveland has a good offense. But, like the Saints, their D ain't nothing to write home about. We should win.
Titans; (A) -- I think we can take them. We shouldn't have let them get away the first time.
Buccs; (H) -- They have one of the better defenses that we'll see the rest of the way. Since we're at home, I'd like to give us the edge but their D-line worries me.
Broncos (H) -- This comes after a really short week. I smell trouble.
Colts (A) -- If Dungy is resting his starters or his growing injury list hasn't improved, we may win.
Jags (H) -- We owe them a butt-whippin'

Looking at that schedule, its askin' quite a bit for us to go 6-1 or 5-2 the rest of the way. But if they were serious about this being a playoff year, that's what we need to do.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read