Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-11-2007   #1
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 10 random thoughts from the bye week

1. As this season progresses, I feel like I'm watching a bunch of teams battle for third place. The Colts and the Pats have looked so much better than everyone else that comparisons so far almost seem unfair. Yeah, there are some other good teams, but I just don't think anyone can contend with Indy or the Evil Empire right now.

2. I hate the Cowboys. I hate everything they stand for. I hate them even more for having TO on the roster. I hate watching them win. I now also hate the Giants for playing some really dumb football and allowing self-inflicted penalties to take themselves out of the game against the 'Boys.

3. The Coors Light commercial where the "three stooges" are asking Bill Parcell's about the existence of bigfoot trips me out. Not because I think its funny, but because the "bigfoot" standing next to the stooges reminds me of Solomon Wilcots.

4. The big "but" associated with Green Bay so far this season was the lack of a running game. Well, I watched them last week and this week and I have to say that Ryan Grant looks like he might be able to give the Pack enough of a spark to make folks respect the run. Grant went for 119 against a stingy Vikings run D that kept LT in check last week.

5. I'm calling it now: Brian Billick is fired at the end of the season. No, that's not a huge gamble as far as statements go, but I'm still making it.

6. Everyone keeps talking about how the Steelers could sneak up on Indy or the Pats. Cleveland gave Pittsburgh all they wanted today and, true enough, Cleveland has been rolling on offense right now. So said, I still remember how New England toyed with Cleveland a few weeks back which makes me seriously doubt that Pittsburgh could knock off NE. But hey, I'll guess we'll find out for certain in week 14.

7. I really thought that Miami might actually get a win this week. Heck, I even watched a couple of drives where Jesse Chatman was running well and Lemon looked decent. Buffalo's D looked gassed and I thought "Certainly, certainly this is the week that the 'Phins get a win." Nope. Miami sure is taking this draft position thing seriously.

8. Will the real Detroit Lions please stand up?

9. Congratulations to the St. Louis Rams who finally got off the snide against the Taints. I'm hoping that Kubiak and Co. took notes on how to violate that Saints pass D.

10. To quote Hoth-Boy "The bye week sucks." It does. I know our boys needed it, but man, it does suck.
Old 11-11-2007   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 10 random thoughts from the bye week

Miami will win eventually. they're playing in a lot of close games, and the o-line and the running game is just too good. defense looked really good at times today, too. i'm not seeing 0-16 at ALL.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007   #3
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
Miami will win eventually. they're playing in a lot of close games, and the o-line and the running game is just too good. defense looked really good at times today, too. i'm not seeing 0-16 at ALL.
When do we see Beck? Still waiting for that.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007   #4
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
When do we see Beck? Still waiting for that.
Agreed. Lemon has looked relatively decent, but in no way is he the answer for the future of the Miami Dolphins. I would say that it's time to get the kid's feet wet.

As far as the Dolphins record goes, I am thinking that they may pull together and win a few game toward the end of the season. I think you guys may be able to get it together and split the series with Jets, at the very least. I'll give you guys 2-14, with wins over the Bills and Jets.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm hoping this week. i don't see why not.

oh, and i expect one of Ted Ginn's TD returns to not be called back. i mean what are the odds that he'll have 4 called back in one season...
Old 11-11-2007   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
2. I hate the Cowboys. I hate everything they stand for. I hate them even more for having TO on the roster. I hate watching them win. I now also hate the Giants for playing some really dumb football and allowing self-inflicted penalties to take themselves out of the game against the 'Boys.
What the heck do the Cowboys stand for? Do the Colts stand for the battle between good and evil? Do the Texans stand for prosperity? And do the Cardinals stand for the quest to continually get better while failing at every attempt?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007   #7
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

my thoughts:

1- fat albert showed his worth today
2- roydell williams impressed again
3- agreed on ryan grant..how was he undrafted- big,fast and played at a decent college
4- despite some drops today, im really starting to like greg jennings
5- cowboys are a good all round team
6- romo continues to impress and julius jones looked good gor a change
7- giants killed themselves but are a good match for any team
8- steve mc nair is terrible.. looks like Dc last year
9- cinci offence is improved with henry back but is still off
10- i dont know if the saints losing is a good or bad thing

oh yeah, the bye week does indeed suck
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-11-2007   #8
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 57661 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

1) "The Titans are getting it done without a quarterback" -Dan Marino

Quote of the year.

2) Indeed...the Packers with a running game will be a force.

3) Oakland/Chicago, Miami/Buffalo, Cincy/Baltimore.....YAAAAAAWWWWWWN!!!!!!

4) Could Denver or Detroit be more Jeckyl & Hyde?

5) What bad timing for the Saints to get slapped around and have to pull into Reliant next week pissed off.

6) How 'bout them Cowboys?
They had some very dumb penalties as well that helped make that game closer than it needed to be.

7) If there's going to start being parity in college football then they'll HAVE to get a playoff in place....right?

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007   #9
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
What the heck do the Cowboys stand for? Do the Colts stand for the battle between good and evil? Do the Texans stand for prosperity? And do the Cardinals stand for the quest to continually get better while failing at every attempt?
I could go off on a rant here, but seeing as I'm still hurting like a m**** ******** from those wisdom teeth I'll sum it up by saying that the Cowboys (at least in my mind) are the physical embodiment (sp?) of Jerry Jones' ego.

I really don't think any one else stands for anything.

Oh, and I take back what I said about the Colts playing well. The schizo Chargers are kicking their tails right now.
Old 11-11-2007   #10
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1. As this season progresses, I feel like I'm watching a bunch of teams battle for third place. The Colts and the Pats have looked so much better than everyone else that comparisons so far almost seem unfair. Yeah, there are some other good teams, but I just don't think anyone can contend with Indy or the Evil Empire right now.
The Colts better come up with their "A" game or things could look really ugly tonight.
Quote:
I prefer hate to ignore. Seems TO has finally found a home. Off button. Both teams had penalties that could have negatively affected the outcome, like taunting.
3. Why are the Rockets struggling against the Bobcats?
4. Thank goodness AD's injury seems minor.
5. Church was fantastic.
6. Props to PVAMU.
7. Who will be the next team upset in BCS?
8. I can't believe the high schools regular season has ended already.
9. I hope the Saints loss becomes a two game streak.
10. Congrats to the Eagles.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007   #11
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 140315 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

6. Everyone keeps talking about how the Steelers could sneak up on Indy or the Pats. Cleveland gave Pittsburgh all they wanted today and, true enough, Cleveland has been rolling on offense right now. So said, I still remember how New England toyed with Cleveland a few weeks back which makes me seriously doubt that Pittsburgh could knock off NE. But hey, I'll guess we'll find out for certain in week 14.

8. Will the real Detroit Lions please stand up?

9. Congratulations to the St. Louis Rams who finally got off the snide against the Taints. I'm hoping that Kubiak and Co. took notes on how to violate that Saints pass D.

10. To quote Hoth-Boy "The bye week sucks." It does. I know our boys needed it, but man, it does suck.

1 & 6. I despise the Cowgirls as well my friend. I pray the Steelers win their 6th superbowl this year just to piss off all the Cowgirl fans who want the girls to do it first.

8. No.

9. Come on. Kubes wasn't paying attention.

10. I started an Amy Tan novel and enjoyed some Japanese food. I missed watching the Texans but they'll be back next week.
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
7) If there's going to start being parity in college football then they'll HAVE to get a playoff in place....right?
with all the money they're making, and the high ratings every week, and the fact that most of the time people feel the true champion has been crowned, nope, i see no reason at all why they would want to change.
Old 11-11-2007   #13
drewmar74
disgruntled

Quote:
with all the money they're making, and the high ratings every week, and the fact that most of the time people feel the true champion has been crowned, nope, i see no reason at all why they would want to change.
Too much money being made in the bowl system, methinks.
Old 11-12-2007   #14
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 57661 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really? That was sarcasm, right? I don't know ANYBODY that thinks a true champion gets crowned. Anybody EVER. Unless of course they went to the school that won.

And if you think there's money and high ratings now, what would a 16 team playoff do? That is if you really think the Music City Bowl, Mieneke Car Care Bowl, Texas Bowl, Motor City Bowl, Champs Sports Bowl, etc. are pulling in tons of money and ratings. I don't have last year's tv ratings, but 2 years ago none of those bowls mentioned got a rating over 2.20. Now you make those bowls first round matchups in a 16 team playoff....higher ratings...more money.

Your season isn't over if you have a hiccup with 3 weeks to go against Illinios. I don't get how anybody can still support a vote 'em in champion. That just doesn't make sense and never has.

As it stands now, do you think LSU and Oregon should play for the title while an undefeated BCS conference team in Kansas is out of the mix? Or say Kansas loses the Big 12 to OU and everyone else but Mizzou of course, wins out. Then you've got SEVEN 1 loss teams in the top 10 and only 2 get VOTED to play for a title. That is absolutely insane. How anybody thinks they get a true champion out of that, can't be the sharpest brick in the elevator.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #15
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Really? That was sarcasm, right? I don't know ANYBODY that thinks a true champion gets crowned. Anybody EVER.
Well I thought that Florida was the best team last year. And they won the championship.

I thought Texas was the best team in 05. And they won the championship.

I thought USC was the best team in 04. And they won the championship.

I thought LSU was the best team in 03. And they won the championship.

Need I go on?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #16
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Well I thought that Florida was the best team last year. And they won the championship.

I thought Texas was the best team in 05. And they won the championship.

I thought USC was the best team in 04. And they won the championship.

I thought LSU was the best team in 03. And they won the championship.

Need I go on?
Yes, you forgot to tell us who the team to beat is gonna be this year? LSU??
Old 11-12-2007   #17
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Yes, you forgot to tell us who the team to beat is gonna be this year? LSU??
Well my projection was Oregon vs. LSU so the winner of that would be the best team.

This is assuming Kansas loses to Missouri or Oklahoma.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #18
Ckw

Quote:
i'm hoping this week. i don't see why not.

oh, and i expect one of Ted Ginn's TD returns to not be called back. i mean what are the odds that he'll have 4 called back in one season...
Is this a fact? Three TD returns called back? Wow man! I feel for you. It sucks losing. Hopefully your Dolphins will start winning and my Texans will at least get to 7 wins. Man you guys need to try out Beck though. I'm ready to see what he can do.
Old 11-12-2007   #19
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
What the heck do the Cowboys stand for?
Sadly, winning. Houston is like the red headed step child. Except in basketball. At least we have our two championships. But that's why I hate the Cowboys. I'll admit it. It's jealousy. Jealousy that they won all those Super Bowls and get that whole "America's Team" label. And then they go and get TO (a complete low life) and Tank Johnson (another low life). Yes, I hate the Cowboys. I hate the Mavericks. I'm impartial to the Rangers. I like the Stars. But man I hate the Cowboys!
Old 11-12-2007   #20
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
3. Why are the Rockets struggling against the Bobcats?
Because Rafer keeps thinking he should shoot the ball. 9 times out of 10, he's wrong.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read