Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-09-2007   #1
brickman
Rookie

Rep Power: 10 brickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVP
Default The Bye Week Sucks for the Fans

Forced to watch the "rest of the league" this week. It's just not the same, however the team definitely needs the time off, so we'll just have to be uninterested bystanders this weekend!
brickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #2
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87319 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Bye Week Sucks for the Fans

I hate Texans bye weeks usually. But I am going to Chicago on a business trip leaving Sunday and when the flight was booked I was worried that I'd miss a Texans game for the first time ever. As luck would have it it fell on the bye week. Perfect timing.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #3
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to enjoy being an "anti-fan" this Sunday.

pulling for the jags over the titans early, then giants over the 'girls later on.

Not nearly as fun as being at Reliant and being a Texan fan, but ya gotta get your kicks somehow!
Old 11-09-2007   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I am using this Sunday to make it to the Ren Fest.... I haven't been in a couple of years and am looking forward to the beer, food and beer wenches..
Old 11-09-2007   #5
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I kind of like the stress-free feeling of bye week. Once I come to terms with the fact they're not playing, coupled with the much-needed time off I enjoy it. I love Sunday NFL so I'm there anyway, only this weekend in a much more relaxed mood. I'm even betting I don't here Houston called the Titans this week.
Showtime100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: The Bye Week Sucks for the Fans

Are you guys kidding me? Extra time to study and get some crap done around the house, I love it! Only having 1 free day on one weekend the entire fall is stressful!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #7
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Uggh, that reminds me, having my laptop jacks has me behind. I need to prepare about 200 resumes and envelopes, in the hopes that two places will call me back.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Sponsored links
Old 11-09-2007   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Paintball on Saturday and spend some time with the family on Sunday...maybe go to the beach or take the canoe out somewhere.

The team needed this week in a bad way, and hopefully it re-energizes them and allows many to heal.
Old 11-09-2007   #9
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Are you guys kidding me? Extra time to study and get some crap done around the house, I love it! Only having 1 free day on one weekend the entire fall is stressful!
I know what you mean! I have finals coming up so this bye week is very nice for me.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #10
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20683 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I am using this Sunday to make it to the Ren Fest.... I haven't been in a couple of years and am looking forward to the beer, food and beer wenches..
That's usually what I do on bye week.
Old 11-09-2007   #11
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmm....

There's just something about the words "stress-free" and "bye week" that make you pause and think about what the words "having fun" means.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #12
ActualTexan
upright biped

Well let's see...we started this season off with WAY too much champagne in the huddle, then we lost a couple games we had the talent to win, then a quick win, and and now a bye week. Thank God.

I'll be busting knuckles under the hood of a vehicle with a errant crankshaft.
ActualTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #13
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Yeah, we're still trying to find time to go.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 11-09-2007   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, we're still trying to find time to go.
*Ahem*.... This Sunday??? There's only three weekends left and we have the Saints on the 18th and we're at Cleveland the 25th (last day of the Ren Fest).

You can study tonight and tomorrow.
Old 11-09-2007   #15
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
*Ahem*.... This Sunday??? There's only three weekends left and we have the Saints on the 18th and we're at Cleveland the 25th (last day of the Ren Fest).

You can study tonight and tomorrow.
Engagement party tonight, OSU game tomorrow followed by a wedding followed by a dual birthday party.

YOU try telling her that it is ok to tell people "sorry, we can't come."

Sounds like the Saturday before Cleveland is it for us, no OSU watch party to run.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 11-09-2007   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Engagement party tonight, OSU game tomorrow followed by a wedding followed by a dual birthday party.

YOU try telling her that it is ok to tell people "sorry, we can't come."

Sounds like the Saturday before Cleveland is it for us, no OSU watch party to run.
There you have it...

I would go tomorrow, but I have a bachelor party tonight and a wedding tomorrow too...
Old 11-09-2007   #17
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I guess I should get everything official squared away on Sunday to head to Seattle on the 20th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #18
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Going to Phoenix to watch the Lions/Cards. Buddy of mine is a season ticket holder for the Cards. Strange, I know, huh, Arizona Cardinal fan. They are out there.
Old 11-09-2007   #19
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

This Sunday will feel like all the sundays after the oilers left houston. I'll be a NFL football fan this weekend. I am pulling for any team playing the colts, jags and titans.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #20
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
This Sunday will feel like all the sundays after the oilers left houston. I'll be a NFL football fan this weekend. I am pulling for any team playing the colts, jags and titans.
oooh, could be a problem there if memory serves correctly (so probably not )

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read