Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-08-2007   #1
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ESPN '07 re-draft

10. Houston Texans -- Marshawn Lynch, RB, California
Original pick: Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville
The Texans are getting gashed by opposing ground games even with original pick Amobi Okoye playing at a high level for a rookie, and with him being snapped up one pick earlier the Texans would still be in the market for defensive tackle help. DT Adam Carriker would be a possibility, along with CBs Darrelle Revis, Leon Hall and Aaron Ross, but at this point Lynch might make the most sense. Once Ahman Green got hurt and the team abandoned the run, everything else began to crumble. Houston can't rely on a 30-year old back with lots of wear on his tires to carry the full-time load in the long run, and with the promise Lynch has shown for the Bills as a rookie he could team up with QB Matt Schaub and WR Andre Johnson as a potentially formidable offensive trio moving forward.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...odd&id=3098817
Old 11-08-2007   #2
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ESPN '07 re-draft

Wait if it is a re-draft how in the world is Adrian Peterson not picked 1st. I don't care what RBs you have on your roster, why would you pass up on him?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Raiders would draft Peterson, no questions asked.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Wait if it is a re-draft how in the world is Adrian Peterson not picked 1st. I don't care what RBs you have on your roster, why would you pass up on him?
I've got the same question. Only one answer - this is that ***** Kornheisers Mock Draft. Hell, he'd probably still have Reggie Bush going #1 today if both Vince Young and Adrian Peterson were in the Draft.
I think I like the Marsyn Lynch pick. I dunno, but it may have been the best pick for us back in April if we don't trade the pick ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007   #5
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I've got the same question. Only one answer - this is that ***** Kornheisers Mock Draft. Hell, he'd probably still have Reggie Bush going #1 today if both Vince Young and Adrian Peterson were in the Draft.
I think I like the Marsyn Lynch pick. I dunno, but it may have been the best pick for us back in April if we don't trade the pick ?
It's more flashy, but I kind of like the Amobi pick. This draft is pretty deep on running backs, maybe it was better for us to wait (that is assuming we draft a RB in April).
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007   #6
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

If I'm reading it right, the only reason they don't have us taking Okoye on the re-draft is that he'd already be gone. Seems like a validation of the decision to take him to me.
Old 11-08-2007   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

How is this different than any other article on ESPN.com?

Its just ESPN going back in time to tell others what they did wrong instead of telling them as it actually happened because they didnt know.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2007   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to wonder if a Kubiak FO will ever pick a RB in the first round. All that nonsense about the so-called "Denver system" comes to mind, failing to mention a HoF QB and a tailor made offensive line.
Old 11-08-2007   #9
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

from what I have seen we haven't given up on the run since green got hurt, we have run but have mostly headed the wrong way or for little yardage

i would love to have a young fast running back but I would have still liked us to pick Okoye
Old 11-08-2007   #10
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
DT Brandon Mebane is also a consideration as he has started quickly in Seattle
This is what they said about the 17th pick, and this is the guy I was hyping pre-draft.
Old 11-08-2007   #11
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Why the hell is Russell even on this list? He hasn't done anything except hurt his team by holding out. The list is crap.
Old 11-08-2007   #12
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I have to wonder if a Kubiak FO will ever pick a RB in the first round. All that nonsense about the so-called "Denver system" comes to mind, failing to mention a HoF QB and a tailor made offensive line.
DB, if Stewart is there when we pick in the 1st round, I'm thinking they will grab him. Unless something drastic changes, like Echemondu (sp?) rushing for close to 1000 yards the last 7 games, or 2 more DB's go down for the year or some other calamity, I really believe they will go RB.

If we try to look at it logically, which is tough, since we don't see everything they see, we find that:

1. Their RB situation has been bad since they got here.
2. They tried to "patch" it with FA's like Dayne and Green etc..
3. Their FA "patches" are too old, injury prone etc... to fix the problem.
4. Their other "patches" (UFA's & low rd. draft picks) haven't fixed it either.
5. They don't have a "stud" O-line to block for avg. or old RB's consistantly.
6. Their 1st rd. draft picks have gone to other areas of need. Let me explain this a little. I don't think Kubes was too high on Bush as a RB that fit what he wanted to do, so he picked Mario. Last year they signed Green as a "stop-gap" and Peterson was gone by the time they picked anyway. Would they have picked him if they could have? Maybe, I don't know. That brings us to....
7. They see now what they have in Green and Dayne and I hope realize they are not the answer, which should logically lead to... DRAFT A STUD RB IN THE 1ST ROUND!

Will Stewart be there when they pick? I hope so, but if not, I guess there's always Slanton, Felix Jones, Ray Rice, Tashard Choice, Hart, Chris Johnson, etc..... JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.profootballtalk.com/PFTMi...Awards2007.htm
Old 11-09-2007   #14
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
"Worst trade: Falcons giving up Matt Schaub."
Old 11-09-2007   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Receiver bust: Chad Johnson, Bengals.
getting pretty sick of hearing how Chad Johnson is ruining the Bengals. he's the only one doing a damn thing. 2nd in the league in receiving. yawn. PFT has never liked him anyway.

also they're spot on by calling Joey Porter the worst free agent acquisition.
Old 11-09-2007   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
he's the only one doing a damn thing.
I think TJ Whoseyourmama and his 10 TD's might differ with you.
Old 11-09-2007   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

regardess, to call him a bust this year is idiotic.
Old 11-09-2007   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
regardess, to call him a bust this year is idiotic.
You said it yourself in another thread. "Winning cures everything".
Old 11-09-2007   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

it's also ironic that Chad Johnson is the only member of the bengals who hasn't been arrested 6 times, yet he gets all the blame. Marvin Lewis should be fired any day now.
Old 11-09-2007   #20
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Im pretty sure neither TJ nor Carson nor Rudi have been arrested. Let alone 6 times. Apparently the man love for Johnson is clouding your memory

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read