Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-07-2007   #1
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default College Football down the strech

http://cfn.scout.com/2/699097.html

Thought this was a prety fair write up. Those of you not draft nicks or don't watch a lot of college football, gives you a chance to play that great american sport, catchup. Be a great weekend to go to a sports bar take adult libations in mass quanities and absorb some great college football. Ah ...with a desiganted drive only.

Quote:
--By the way, has anyone mentioned that Reesing and Kansas vs. Chase Daniel and Missouri ought to be one of the great games of this college football season on November 24? Has anyone mentioned that the following Saturday’s Big 12 Championship Game could be for a spot in the BCS National Championship Game? I can’t wait.

MY RANKINGS

Below are my weekly rankings. I am ranking the teams based on how they have performed up until now, not based necessarily on where I think they will finish the season. The number in parentheses represents where the team was ranked a week ago. After the rankings are a few comments on the rankings.

1. Ohio State 10-0 (1)
2. Oregon 8-1 (6)
3. LSU 8-1 (3)
4. Kansas 9-0 (7)
5. Oklahoma 8-1 (4)
6. Missouri 8-1 (9)
7. West Virginia 7-1 (8)
8. Arizona State 8-1 (2)
9. Boston College 8-1 (5)

Last edited by threetoedpete; 11-08-2007 at 12:15 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: College Football down the strech

I think that's fair. If Kansas wins out, finishing the season with a win over Missouri, I think they derserve #2.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: College Football down the strech

I want to see Oregon v. OSU for the National Championship.
Old 11-08-2007   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I want to see Oregon v. OSU for the National Championship.
I'll take The Ducks for a thousand Alex.
Old 11-08-2007   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I'll take The Ducks for a thousand Alex.
Me too!! I don't think OSU has the team speed to keep with the Ducks...
Old 11-08-2007   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i think OSU wins that one hands down.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i think OSU wins that one hands down.
Yeah.... So did a lot of people last year (in both Football and Basketball)...

How'd that work out???

Not so much...

Oh wait... Maybe you meant Oklahoma State..???
Old 11-08-2007   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Me too!! I don't think OSU has the team speed to keep with the Ducks...
Ohio State still has a couple of tough games ahead of them. Illinois and Michigan (at Michigan)aren't slouches. They could very well be ending the season with a loss or two. I've seen a few Illinois games this year and they're pretty impressive.

The Ducks should easily win their last two against Arizona and UCLA.
Old 11-08-2007   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah.... So did a lot of people last year (in both Football and Basketball)...

How'd that work out???

Not so much...

Oh wait... Maybe you meant Oklahoma State..???
i'm not a lot of people.
Old 11-08-2007   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was rooting for Florida the whole time...but you have to admit if Ginn was in the whole game and didn't get injured- the outcome would have been completely different. Not saying OSU would win but it would have been a lot more competitive.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

i doubt it, the entire offense was just completely outmatched, from o-line out. and OSU's defense certainly wasn't up to speed with UF's offense.
Old 11-08-2007   #12
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i doubt it, the entire offense was just completely outmatched, from o-line out. and OSU's defense certainly wasn't up to speed with UF's offense.
Agreed. OSU got destroyed in the trenches. It just proves how dominant the SEC is.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read