Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-04-2008   #141
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dunta News

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
I think realistically we should be looking at the middle of the season at best for his return to the field.
That's basically what Kubiak said last night on the TV clip from workouts this week. Don't know what to think about that since the HC has kinda been overly optimistic at times in the past ? I dunno, maybe this time he's understating.
But midseason this year would be great ! To me the big question is does he ultimately recover 100% of his quickness, maneuveablity, & top-end speed ?
I think that's asking a lot ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #142
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
That's basically what Kubiak said last night on the TV clip from workouts this week. Don't know what to think about that since the HC has kinda been overly optimistic at times in the past ? I dunno, maybe this time he's understating.
But midseason this year would be great ! To me the big question is does he ultimately recover 100% of his quickness, maneuveablity, & top-end speed ?
It may be the middle, b/c even if Dunta feels he's ready, the coaches may not risk it yet.
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #143
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

FYI, there is a video of him running with spencer on the home page of houstontexans.com. its in the kubiak interview
Old 04-04-2008   #144
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Just going off previous players who've suffered a torn ACL we know that generally they aren't quite themselves till year two. Dunta's injury is obviously much worse than that since his hamstring tore from the bone. I can only imagine that it would complicate matters some. I think Dunta will eventually be able to return to his old self, but I don't think I'll see it next season. It might not be till 2009 that we see Dunta looking like his old self.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008   #145
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.31e7d3a.html

Quote:
HOUSTON Dunta Robinson probably won't return to the Houston Texans lineup until the middle of this season, but the cornerback is encouraged with the progress he's made in recovering from the serious knee injury he suffered in November.

The beginning of the Texans offseason conditioning program this week gave Robinson a chance to share a field with his teammates for the first time since surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament and injured hamstring. He wasn't able to join the team for drills though, and was off to the side with a trainer and other injured players continuing his rehabilitation.

"I feel like an outcast, like I'm on the outside looking in," he said Thursday. "I just want to be out here so bad. I want to run around with the guys. Those are the things that push me a little bit harder to get back."

His injury occurred in a game when a 281-pound teammate ran into the much smaller Robinson from behind in an attempt to make the tackle, twisting his right leg awkwardly. Along with the ACL tear, doctors said his hamstring was torn off the bone.

He isn't sure of an exact timetable for his return, but feels like he's ahead of schedule.

"When I was laying on that (training) table a couple of months ago, I never thought I'd be out here running around in April the way I am now," he said. "It feels good but I can't get ahead of myself. There's still a lot of work to be done."
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008   #146
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
He isn't sure of an exact timetable for his return, but feels like he's ahead of schedule.

"When I was laying on that (training) table a couple of months ago, I never thought I'd be out here running around in April the way I am now," he said. "It feels good but I can't get ahead of myself. There's still a lot of work to be done."

The ideal recovery will take at least as long as has been previously quoted. He may feel that he is "ahead of schedule." However, running and even cutting does not get you back to safe playing conditioning. With Dunta's combination of injuries, it's the muscle development which must be allowed to returned to full strength...........that's the longest portion of the rehab.........and that is the part that you can't "see." There are no shortcuts unless you want to take the chance of cutting short your career. Hard work AND unhurried time are the best assurance that you return.......and stay.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008   #147
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The ideal recovery will take at least as long as has been previously quoted. He may feel that he is "ahead of schedule." However, running and even cutting does not get you back to safe playing conditioning. With Dunta's combination of injuries, it's the muscle development which must be allowed to returned to full strength...........that's the longest portion of the rehab.........and that is the part that you can't "see." There are no shortcuts unless you want to take the chance of cutting short your career. Hard work AND unhurried time are the best assurance that you return.......and stay.
IYO is it realistic to expect that D-Rob could eventually regain 100% of his quickness/explosiveness & top-end sprinting speed ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-05-2008   #148
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
IYO is it realistic to expect that D-Rob could eventually regain 100% of his quickness/explosiveness & top-end sprinting speed ?
Yes, with great motivation, hard work and some luck sprinkled into it, it's quite possible. But if that's going to happen, it's unlikely to happen this year.

On the more dark side, we should not forget the amazement when Kailee Wong was running "so early" in his rehab after a lesser injury, and the Texans and Kailee were both very verbally excited as to how "far ahead" of expectations Kailee was in his rehab...............until the time came to...................retire.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008   #149
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

On Extra Points just now Dunta said "Anything's Possible" when asked about his return date. And then said he might even back by the first game.

However, Kubiak still remains with the middle of the season mentality.

They showed a clip of him running.
Old 04-05-2008   #150
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

In this video, Dunta said everything that you want to hear. He works hard as hell and he knows he shouldn't come back too fast. I don't know if any other player on this team could attack this recovery with the mindset that Dunta has.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008   #151
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
In this video, Dunta said everything that you want to hear. He works hard as hell and he knows he shouldn't come back too fast. I don't know if any other player on this team could attack this recovery with the mindset that Dunta has.
D Ryans but other than that mmmmm I dont know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008   #152
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Can't wait to see him back.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #153
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

He's saying all the right things but I still see him starting off the season on PUP.
Old 04-06-2008   #154
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4090 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

I can bank on this assesment
Old 04-06-2008   #155
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

On Sports Sunday he said "at 85% I'm still better than half the corners in the NFL." I love Dunta.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #156
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering his age, and the extreme nature of his injury.. I personally hope that he sits out the entire season.

It would suck for him, and the team, and the fans.. but he is a young superstar, and we want him back and in old form, with no lasting side effects, if it is at all possible. That, in my mind, means taking the year off to make doubly sure that he is completely healed, and there is no weakness in the leg, or any chance of him reinjuring the old wound.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #157
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Considering his age, and the extreme nature of his injury.. I personally hope that he sits out the entire season.

It would suck for him, and the team, and the fans.. but he is a young superstar, and we want him back and in old form, with no lasting side effects, if it is at all possible. That, in my mind, means taking the year off to make doubly sure that he is completely healed, and there is no weakness in the leg, or any chance of him reinjuring the old wound.
His biggest problem with that is that this is his contract year. Because of this injury, he's not going to get the big payday he had to have been looking forward to. There's probably a little voice in his head telling him that if he can just play half the season at 85-90%, he'll still get that huge payday.

And that could be a huge mistake on his part. He could hurt himself.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008   #158
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

so do you, Mr. GM, redo his deal now ? inquiring mind wish to know ? or franchise him in '09 ?
Old 04-07-2008   #159
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
so do you, Mr. GM, redo his deal now ? inquiring mind wish to know ? or franchise him in '09 ?
I love Dunta, but am not franchising any player coming off of those injuries.
Old 04-07-2008   #160
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post

That's the most fitting thing IMO b/c the guy was one of your better players when he was healthy. Show him the respect for what he's done for you in the past by franchising him. Think about it, it's a 1 year deal that basically says "allright, lets see if you can be the guy that you were before.." If he performs, he gets his longterm big pay day minus a little for the franchise tag money, If it doesn't work out..... hey, at least he got a piece of that big pay day he was going to get, & you can wipe his pay from the books for '10. Everyone's conscience is clean then............ Of course it isn't my money & this is business.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read