Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-07-2008   #121
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dunta News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Franchising Dunta for 09 wouldn't hurt the Texans one bit, though it could make Dunta unhappy. The only way franchising Dunta could hurt the Texans is if franchising Dunta prevented them from franchising another player (which they have yet to do).
The Franchise tag is not use very often for a lot reasons.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008   #122
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dunta Update?

Man I feel for him I really hope that it's not career ending.
Old 03-07-2008   #123
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, I resurrected this thread with a positive outlook on Dunta's recovery and rehab and within a couple posts it turns South.
Old 03-07-2008   #124
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Wow, I resurrected this thread with a positive outlook on Dunta's recovery and rehab and within a couple posts it turns South.
Who can blame people when the sky is falling
Old 03-07-2008   #125
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

I think it's just that this team has been burned so many times in the past with contracts that came back to bite us, even with ones that looked good at the time. Dom Davis deserved his extension. You know the rest.

That said, Dunta's injury is different, and I would love for him to come back this season and show his worth. If anyone can, he can.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008   #126
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I don't think Dunta wants to go anywhere. This team is finally heading uphill, he has been waiting for that for some time now. No reason to leave when the getting is good.

Not only that we have Bennett here who is an old friend/teamate of Dunta.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 03-07-2008 at 02:24 PM.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #127
WaywardTexanFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to WaywardTexanFan Send a message via Yahoo to WaywardTexanFan
Default Robinson Recovering; Eager To Return

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4219

Link to a good story at HoustonTexans.com
Old 03-09-2008   #128
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: Robinson Recovering; Eager To Return

That's really great news.
Old 03-10-2008   #129
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Robinson Recovering; Eager To Return

Quote:
Dunta Robinson-DB- Texans Mar. 9 - 2:08 pm et
Texans CB Dunta Robinson (torn ACL, hamstring) expects to begin the 2008 season on the Physically Unable to Perform list.

"Sorry to disappoint the people that thought I was going to be out for a year, year and a half – that’s not going to happen," he said. If Robinson is placed on PUP, he'll be eligible to return in Week 7. The Texans' secondary will be a nice fantasy matchup with Fred Bennett and Jacques Reeves starting.
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008   #130
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

I can't wait to see Dunta out on the feild agian!
Old 03-10-2008   #131
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

It is news to read that an injured player wants to be back...better news if medical evidence supported the player's claim.
Old 03-11-2008   #132
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
It is news to read that an injured player wants to be back...better news if medical evidence supported the player's claim.
Signed,

Charles Spencer
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008   #133
TCR
Rookie

Dunta will suprise people this year, the man has a true warriors heart and the resolve to go with it.
TCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008   #134
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'er View Post
I can't wait to see Dunta out on the feild agian!
same here. D-Rob will come back stronger from this.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #135
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR View Post
Dunta will suprise people this year, the man has a true warriors heart and the resolve to go with it.
He's going to need a warriors ACL to go with that!

Its not the kinda thing you can play with when its not totally right. I'd rather see him miss all of next season, than try and come back too early and face another layoff.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #136
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dunta's Recovery

I saw him running on the news last night and though it is light running and all I didn't notice any gimp or anything to show that he might still be a little nervous. I'm thinking he is trying to get back by the first month and not midway through the season. I'm sure with a contract on the horizon and all he would like to get there as soon as possible.

http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans...thursdays.html

Quote:
I heard much of what Dunta and Charles were doing was just running. Was there much else to their training/rehab today? How'd they look?

(They were pretty much just doing running. But it's quite a feat Dunta is even out there already.
Sorry, couldn't find video

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 04-04-2008 at 09:17 AM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #137
Polo

Default Re: Dunta's Recovery

The thing that will help Dunta out is that he is under 200 lbs...
Old 04-04-2008   #138
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Here are some quotes from Dunta off HT.com. I don't think you can get a more positive attitude than Dunta has right now.

Normally I end up with man crushes on Dlinemen, but I love this guy.

Quote:
(on if he is worried losing a step when he comes back) ďNo. If I come back, itís going to be probably a little bit better. Iím not worried about losing a step. I think guys lose steps when they donít take their injuries serious. If you come out here and attack these things, then you can come back better than you were before, and thatís my plan. Iím not going to hurt my team by coming out there and losing a step Ė even though I think me being 85 percent, I feel that Iím better than half the corners in this game Ė but if I come back, itís going to be 100 percent. And losing a step, thatís all mental. That wonít be a part of my game.Ē
Quote:
(on what he would say if he could speak to Texans nation) ďDunta Robinsoníll be OK. Thatís the main thing. I will be back. Youíll see me out there in that 23 jersey running around again, and youíll see the same player I was before this injury.Ē
Check the rest out. Good stuff.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4246
Old 04-04-2008   #139
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Here are some quotes from Dunta off HT.com. I don't think you can get a more positive attitude than Dunta has right now.

Normally I end up with man crushes on Dlinemen, but I love this guy.

Check the rest out. Good stuff.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4246
Thanks for the info. He is tough and a fav of mine too.
Old 04-04-2008   #140
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I was encouraged to see him running too. I know he said he wants to make it back by the first month of the season, but I think realistically we should be looking at the middle of the season at best for his return to the field. It is good to see that his rehab is going well, and seems to be a little ahead of schedule.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read