Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-30-2007   #81
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dunta's surgery update

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Ready to play as a free agent.
Ouch!
Old 11-30-2007   #82
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dunta News

Worst timing ever for a player to have an injury like this. It could cost him millions. He was fixin' to get a major payday extension during the offseason but now I expect it will be late '08 before they do anything on his contract - just to see how he comes out of all this.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #83
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run
Default Re: Dunta to get 2nd opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Look I have no problem with taking the gamble. If we're talking about redoing his deal and moving the cap number back into '10 or 11, you got my vote. But with his high number...they got to do something this off season. I also have no problem with them cutting the cord taking the cap hit now while they can afford it and going after Aasnte Samuels.

And untill I hear other wise, no news means this is Bosselli II untill I see him on the field and hitting it full bore.
You can't cut a guy while he is injured, so we will see Dunta play for the Texans again, even if its just camp or preseason.
Old 12-02-2007   #84
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dunta to get 2nd opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
You can't cut a guy while he is injured, so we will see Dunta play for the Texans again, even if its just camp or preseason.
Sure they can, if they pay an injury settlement. I think Todd Wade's was around $300K. Chicken feed to a team that gives Jordan Black a $1M signing bonus.

I'm not saying they will, just saying it isn't that hard to do.
Old 12-02-2007   #85
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42948 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I said from the beginning that DRob will take the Spencer route next year and I still stand by that. The only real question is what do the Texans do at the CB position next year. Clearly Bennett looks like he can hold his own at that position so who plays his opposite?

Do the Texans draft a CB or do they go after a FA? Then what do they do with DRob?

Of course you can never have to many CB's.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #86
austintexanite
All Pro

I have no idea what will happen, but it looks like DRob will be out next year. I think we will draft another CB in the later rounds.
Old 01-01-2008   #87
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dunta Update?

On 610 after the game on Sunday, I think it was Matt and Adam that said Dunta isn't expected to be back until November. I can't find a link though that supports that. I don't know if that was just speculation or what. If that's the case, I think we may need another cornerback more than we need a safety

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-01-2008   #88
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if it is career threatening. If people have started to make full recoveries from torn achieles injuries I'm going to hold out some hope.

Last edited by Errant Hothy; 01-01-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #89
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
On 610 after the game on Sunday, I think it was Matt and Adam that said Dunta isn't expected to be back until November. I can't find a link though that supports that. I don't know if that was just speculation or what. If that's the case, I think we may need another cornerback more than we need a safety
In his presser, Kubiak said mid-season ( http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4112 ). I've heard late season. So, yeah, CB is a big concern.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #90
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Learning from history, I would expect Dunta back during the 2009-10 season. When has a Texan ever recovered from an injury in time?
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008   #91
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover
Default Brief update on Dunta

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5537040.html

Quote:
Robinson still questionable
Cornerback Dunta Robinson, the Texans' best defensive back, is working like crazy to make a miraculous comeback from surgery to repair a knee ligament and hamstring on the same leg. It still might be November before he can return, and no one knows the level of performance at which he'll return.

The Texans have to find cornerbacks in the draft and free agency. They also need a free safety with range. No area on the team will get the same attention as the secondary.

That's just one of the many reasons Smith and Kubiak will be working overtime on the draft and free agency to help ensure the Texans continue to improve from 6-10 to 8-8 to their first winning record.
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008   #92
Polo

Default Re: Brief update on Dunta

If that's what you wanna call it...
Old 02-13-2008   #93
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It just sucks bigtime that Dunta's injury is as bad as it is. He is one my favorite Texans and we lost a player from the thinnest position. I just hoping that he makes it back and is able to play close to the level he was at.

Keep working Dunta! We miss you and we need you!
Old 02-13-2008   #94
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I sent him another card the other day, second one since last falls injury.
I'm sure he must enjoy and appreciate hearing from Texans fans and it can't do anything but help his attitude in his recovery/rehab.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008   #95
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I sent him another card the other day, second one since last falls injury.
I'm sure he must enjoy and appreciate hearing from Texans fans and it can't do anything but help his attitude in his recovery/rehab.
Hey, where did you send it? I wouldn't mind doing something like that.
Old 02-13-2008   #96
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Hey, where did you send it? I wouldn't mind doing something like that.
The Players name, e.g. Dunta Robinson
The Houston Texans
TWO Reliant Park
Houston, TX 77054
Texans-Chick put it on the Board last year and it seems to work as they get
it to the players one way or other.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008   #97
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

One of the things about Dunta that I admire is that there will be no question as to whether or not he is doing everything he needs to do to get back on the field. With at least one or two other Texans' players, I always heard grumblings that though they were working to heal, they weren't doing everything they could to get back on the field. That's not meant to be a dig against those players (Davis, Spencer) - and I'm certainly not a paragon of health myself - but I know Dunta is doing everything imaginable to get back on the field.
Old 03-06-2008   #98
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

There's a video and transcript of Dunta giving an update and 2008 expectations at HT.com. I love the way he's attacked his rehab as well as how optimistic he is.

Quote:
“Sorry to disappoint the people that thought I was going to be for a year, year and a half – that’s not going to happen. Dunta Robinson will play in 2008.”
Heck yeah baby!!

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4219
Old 03-06-2008   #99
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
There's a video and transcript of Dunta giving an update and 2008 expectations at HT.com. I love the way he's attacked his rehab as well as how optimistic he is.

Heck yeah baby!!

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4219
Right on! Gotta' love the guy's fighting spirit. Good luck D.Rob. We all hope to see you laying some wood in 2008!
Old 03-06-2008   #100
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42948 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Its his contract year and he has a potential hundred million reasons to play.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read