Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2007   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dunta News

I heard part of a radio promo that suggested that Dunta Robinson's injury might be worse than the hamstring, knee combo. But then I didn't hear the report.

But this is what was said in McClain's latest blog (which is actually a good read today because it is all Texans football).

Quote:
I would like to think that those of you who use this forum to insult the Texans and each other would feel sympathy for Dunta Robinson. When he undergoes surgery on Tuesday, the doctors may find more than a torn anterior cruciate ligament and a hamstring torn so severely that the muscle is detached from the bone.
Old 11-06-2007   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73156 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dunta Update?

I thought it was an ominous sign yesterday during Kubiak's news conference, where he would only talk about surgery on the ACL, but 'deferred questions to the doctors' regarding the hamstring.

Sounds career ending, if you ask me.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #3
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I thought it was an ominous sign yesterday during Kubiak's news conference, where he would only talk about surgery on the ACL, but 'deferred questions to the doctors' regarding the hamstring.

You're kidding me right? Career ending?

When would we be able to possibly know that? I hope the best but this really sounds bad now. I have heard the words "career ending" a couple of times now.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #4
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why don't we all just chill out and wait until we hear the information from the doctors? We're all just speculating at this point, anyway. So far, we've prayed for his full recovery in '08, converted him to FS, and put him out to pasture forever.

Maybe he will come back in '08. Maybe he'll bulk up and compete with Bradlee Van Pelt in the safety position. Maybe he's done and can become a DB coach. Maybe. Maybe. Maybe.

No one knows all the facts yet so let's all just get a cup of coffee and settle down until we hear from the doctors. Or CND.

Speaking of that, where has CND been? Out of all the speculation regarding this injury, CND's opinion is the one I've been looking to read....
Old 11-06-2007   #5
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

Based on the research I've done, a player could return to 100% after the most severe hamstring injury in about 3 months...

Again, the issue is whether the PCL and/or Patella tendon is also torn in the knee, or just the ACL and MCL. When the PCL is torn along with the ACL and MCL, it's known as the "unhappy triad". Other players that suffered that injury include W. McGahee and Culpepper. Meanwhile, if it's just an ACL, you can go back 15 years and find a list of guys that recovered fully from that: Michael Irvin in 1990?, Terry Allen, Jamal Lewis had both torn and repaired prior to his 2000 yard season.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
You're kidding me right? Career ending?

When would we be able to possibly know that? I hope the best but this really sounds bad now. I have heard the words "career ending" a couple of times now.
Who knows Shaft... I'm feeling a little pessimistic today..

I dont beleive anything they tell us anymore. If we were to listen to the Texans Medical / PR staff, they would have you beleive that Dominick Davis Williams is on the road to recovery...

With that said, I am going to convince myself for now, that we have seen Dunta play his last game... If he ever makes it back - BONUS!!
Old 11-06-2007   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 302162 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Why don't we all just chill out and wait until we hear the information from the doctors?
You'll just have to get used to the fact that some people will project the worst possible scenario every time. Some times they will be right and some times they won't--they'll only remember the former.

I'm with you--it is silly to speculate sitting on the outside dealing with 1/100th of the information available to medical personnel.
Old 11-06-2007   #8
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

*sigh*
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You'll just have to get used to the fact that some people will project the worst possible scenario every time. Some times they will be right and some times they won't--they'll only remember the former.

I'm with you--it is silly to speculate sitting on the outside dealing with 1/100th of the information available to medical personnel.
"Robinson is still undergoing tests, but said he thinks he damaged the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. He also damaged his hamstring - ripping it completely off the bone. He is out for the rest of the season. Robinson has never missed a start in four seasons."
http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans...season_ca.html
The comments some of us are making are not wild speculation, but based upon such info as this from Megan Manfull's Chron Blog, who has surprisingly delevoped into a farly competant NFL reporter, though I will admit she still makes an occasional gaffe from time to time. But she's learning.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #10
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

I am just wanting to know if anyone heard the radio report.

And I also think that if you know that it might be worse than what was originally reported, it doesn't make you drive off the road when you finally hear what the real news is.

As it relates to relying on what the medical personnel say, I like to hear what is being said but prefer to get my own information. Looking for the best information you can find. Because otherwise you end up buy a Boselli jersey, or you think it is realistic that Charles Spencer will be back for training camp.

I wish that I could rely on what I heard from the Chronicle or what I hear from the Texans.
Old 11-06-2007   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

[quote=nunusguy;778326]"Robinson is still undergoing tests, but said he thinks he damaged the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. He also damaged his hamstring - ripping it completely off the bone. He is out for the rest of the season. Robinson has never missed a start in four seasons."
http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans...season_ca.html

The radio promo I heard suggested it could be worse than this. McClain's blog implies something similar. Sometimes McClain can't say stuff yet, but foreshadows it in his blog.
Old 11-06-2007   #12
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why don't we all just chill out and wait until we hear the information from the doctors? We're all just speculating at this point, anyway. So far, we've prayed for his full recovery in '08, converted him to FS, and put him out to pasture forever.

Maybe he will come back in '08. Maybe he'll bulk up and compete with Bradlee Van Pelt in the safety position. Maybe he's done and can become a DB coach. Maybe. Maybe. Maybe.

No one knows all the facts yet so let's all just get a cup of coffee and settle down until we hear from the doctors. Or CND.

Speaking of that, where has CND been? Out of all the speculation regarding this injury, CND's opinion is the one I've been looking to read....
You must spread rep around before yada yada yada....

Also, please let's not get so caught up in what we want for the Texans that we overlook what is best for Dunta. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and I hope he makes a full recovery for his sake.
Old 11-06-2007   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well when it come to injuries, the Texans to a pretty bad job of giving the media/fans accurate information. When was the last time they came out and told us what was really going on...

We're speculating either way..if we trust what the organization is saying..we're blind fools and are still expecting Spencer to come back 100% 9 weeks ago.

I don't always leap for the worst possible thing but I try to be as realistic as I can. To think Dunta is going to be back for the start of the '08 season is wishful-thinking at best. This is a more severe injury than most people think and is going to take a long time to heal. I'm not writing off ever getting Dunta back again, but I am writing off the rest of this season and all of '08. There is no reason for me to believe he's going to be back any sooner.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #14
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
The radio promo I heard suggested it could be worse than this. McClain's blog implies something similar. Sometimes McClain can't say stuff yet, but foreshadows it in his blog.
Understood. My frustration, though, wasn't aimed in your direction, TC. I like the fact that people are quick to put up tidbits of information as they become available.

So said, its not the information sharing that bothers me, its the rampant speculation that's out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Well when it come to injuries, the Texans to a pretty bad job of giving the media/fans accurate information. When was the last time they came out and told us what was really going on...

We're speculating either way..if we trust what the organization is saying..we're blind fools and are still expecting Spencer to come back 100% 9 weeks ago.

I don't always leap for the worst possible thing but I try to be as realistic as I can. To think Dunta is going to be back for the start of the '08 season is wishful-thinking at best. This is a more severe injury than most people think and is going to take a long time to heal. I'm not writing off ever getting Dunta back again, but I am writing off the rest of this season and all of '08. There is no reason for me to believe he's going to be back any sooner.
Agreed on all points. Again, though, its just the rampant speculation that has gotten a bit crazy. It has surpassed speculation on AJ's knee and Charles Spencer by a mile....
Old 11-06-2007   #15
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 119701 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Why God...WHY!?!
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #16
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If there's even a REMOTE possibility that Dunta can return, if that be one year or two, he will be the man to do it!! I can see him starting rehab in the recovery room!! I can assure you, we won't know the FINAL answer to this question for months to come! Let's all just let him know how much we care and wish him well!! Signs all over Reliant at the Saints game would be a good start. I'm gonna make one, that's for sure.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
Why God...WHY!?!
This about sums it up for me too. This sucks!!
Old 11-06-2007   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 300089 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's the Texans....assume the worst. until proven otherwise
Old 11-06-2007   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It's the Texans....assume the worst. until proven otherwise
Understandable, that's another reason for "This sucks". It's very difficult being a fan in Houston.
Old 11-06-2007   #20
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was at the game, 40 yard line, 2 second row.

I wasn't focused on the play exact, but I looked over there directly right afterwards.

Just by the pain Dunta was experiencing and the reaction of the medical staff and other players, this is a very serious injury that very well could end his career.

I will be shocked if this is just a run of the mill ACL or whatever injury.

Wish you well Dunta, in all regards.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read