Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-06-2007   #1
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool I h8 the Patriots, BUT the 72 Dolphins annoy me more

Hey people. I find myself in a bit of a cannundrum. I think Tom Brady is a smug, arrogant jerk and I just plain don't like Belachek OR the Patriots. Thus far this season they're undefeated. Many times in my lifetime I've seen teams have great seasons and the comparison to the 72 "Perfect Season" Dolphins comes up.
The 72 team gets together late in the season to watch whomever is threatening their "perfect season" record and pop open bottles of champagne when the team in question loses. Thus far they've drank over the the 85 Bears, The Patriots with Brady, The Colts with Manning and last year were as giddy as little girls when the Bears lost a late season game.
Let me state for the record that I HATE the Patriots, but I hate seeing the 72 Dolphins on my television rambling on about how they were the greatest team in the freakin' history of footbal because they managed to have a perfect season in the days when the schedule was shorter and free agency had yet to screw up the game.
As much as I hate Brady and his bretheren I'm getting sick of seeing Mercury Morris and Bob Griesie(sp) on my TV every year attesting to their own greatness. Am I alone is this or do others share this sentiment? Perhaps I'm just a huge playerhater. Your thoughts?
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I h8 the Patriots, BUT the 72 Dolphins annoy me more

I'm with you DH.. In fact, we discussed this a bit when you were on hiatus... I can't stand to see the bitter-men uncork their champagne each year when the last unbeaten team goes down... I hate that the Patriots are the team with the best chance to do this, but I want to be able to tell the '72 Dolphins to STFU!!!
Old 11-06-2007   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

yawn.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
yawn.
Exactly what I do when I see those bitter-men celebrating...
Old 11-06-2007   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

bitter? what
Old 11-06-2007   #6
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Shula's already lobbying for an asterisk...

"Don Shula, the coach of the only perfect season in NFL history, believes the Patriots have a legitimate shot at running the table and joining his '72 Dolphins in going undefeated in the regular season and playoffs. But if they can pull it off, Shula insists the NFL needs to place an asterisk next to the Patriots in the record books because Bill Belichick got caught cheating in the Spygate scandal. Shula is naturally protective of the Dolphins' accomplishment and certainly wants that '72 team to stand alone. Long ago, he said, he learned that "rooting doesn't make anything happen. The Patriots look so good. I think they got a real shot at doing it." The Dolphins were 14-0 in the regular season and 3-0 in the playoffs, including the Super Bowl. If the Patriots don't lose, they will finish 19-0. Shula admires the Patriots' team, but then, without being asked, he said Spygate negatively impacts the way they should be perceived this season. "The Spygate thing has diminished what they've accomplished. You would hate to have that attached to your accomplishments. They've got it," Shula told the Daily News yesterday. "Belichick was fined $500,000, the team was fined $250,00 and they lost a first-round draft choice. That tells you the seriousness or significance of what they found. "I guess you got the same thing as putting an asterisk by Barry Bonds' home run record. I guess it will be noted that the Patriots were fined and a No.1 draft choice was taken away during that year of accomplishment. The sad thing is Tom Brady looks so good, it doesn't look like he needs any help."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...s_undefea.html
Old 11-06-2007   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
bitter? what
Thats what they sound like everytime their 'hallowed' season is threatened.

The irony is, that today for a team to go undefeated they will have played more games in a league that has a salary cap and parity..

Nick Buoniconti is the worst bitter-man of them all!!! Other than Csonka, they can ALL go away and STFU.
Old 11-06-2007   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

you guys look too much into this.

they just like getting together every year to celebrate a great time in their lives, and they use the last undefeated team's loss as the time to get meet up. sadly they don't all even get together even more, it's usually just a phone call nowadays.

but even if New England goes undefeated, they'll still get together this year to celebrate, and they'll still get together next year when the last undefeated team loses. it's just a tradition for celebrating their great season.
Old 11-06-2007   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'm with you DH.. In fact, we discussed this a bit when you were on hiatus... I can't stand to see the bitter-men uncork their champagne each year when the last unbeaten team goes down... I hate that the Patriots are the team with the best chance to do this, but I want to be able to tell the '72 Dolphins to STFU!!!
Word!!We have talked about this. I hate the 72 Dolphins, their weak schedule, lame team, etc. I wouldn't even put them in my Top 5, maybe 10 teams ever. I can't stand this years Patriots but this is the best chance to shut the bitter old men up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Thats what they sound like everytime their 'hallowed' season is threatened.

The irony is, that today for a team to go undefeated they will have played more games in a league that has a salary cap and parity..

Nick Buoniconti is the worst bitter-man of them all!!! Other than Csonka, they can ALL go away and STFU.
Again well said. They cry like little babies everytime I see them talking about this stuff. I hate people sitting and waiting for a loss.
Old 11-06-2007   #10
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I love the Patriots and hate the 72 Dolphins.
Old 11-06-2007   #11
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

yeah dude, i used to hate the pats... but these days i find myself watching the pats highlights on nfl.com's video section.
Old 11-06-2007   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Word!!We have talked about this. I hate the 72 Dolphins, their weak schedule, lame team, etc. I wouldn't even put them in my Top 5, maybe 10 teams ever. I can't stand this years Patriots but this is the best chance to shut the bitter old men up.
so going undefeated, and finishing with the #1 offense and #1 defense (only team ever to do that, remember) isn't enough to crack the top 10, eh. lovely.
Quote:
Again well said. They cry like little babies everytime I see them talking about this stuff. I hate people sitting and waiting for a loss.
do they? or is it just Jim Rome complaining about the imminent '72 Dolphins celebrating more than the actual members of the '72 Dolphins team piping up about the lone undefeated team? because i hear that crap a LOT more than any Dolphins player saying anything. occasionally Shula will do a radio interview and then someone asks "hey what about that Team X that's 7-0" and he pretty much always says "they look real good and i think they have a great shot at it."

I'M OUT. LATE.
Old 11-06-2007   #13
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you guys look too much into this.

they just like getting together every year to celebrate a great time in their lives, and they use the last undefeated team's loss as the time to get meet up. sadly they don't all even get together even more, it's usually just a phone call nowadays.

but even if New England goes undefeated, they'll still get together this year to celebrate, and they'll still get together next year when the last undefeated team loses. it's just a tradition for celebrating their great season.

If this line of BS is true why don't they do it on bitter old folks day or on the first day of the week that does not end in "Y".

If it was truely about getting together to celebrate a great time in their life they would just get together and not do it when the last team gets beat. I think you are trying to make excuses for them. As the saying goes ..........

"I think your to deep into the forest to see the trees."

Seems to have hit a nerve with Kastofsna. I guess it is ok to slam every team in the league except the '72 Dolphins.
Old 11-06-2007   #14
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post

If this line of BS is true why don't they do it on bitter old folks day or on the first day of the week that does not end in "Y".

If it was truely about getting together to celebrate a great time in their life they would just get together and not do it when the last team gets beat. I think you are trying to make excuses for them. As the saying goes ..........

"I think your to deep into the forest to see the trees."
because it's quite fitting that they would get together when the last team loses, obviously. it's just a tradition, sort of tongue-in-cheek.

but an undefeated season won't stop them celebrating each year.
Old 11-06-2007   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be ironic to see the Pats go undefeated and the Dolphins go winless in the same season.

Shula is a tool. I used to respect him as a person until he dragged the so-called "spygate" into it. The Patriots are beating people this year because THEY ARE GOOD.
Old 11-06-2007   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

yeah, that's pretty much what he said, too.
Old 11-06-2007   #17
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
so going undefeated, and finishing with the #1 offense and #1 defense (only team ever to do that, remember) isn't enough to crack the top 10, eh. lovely.

do they? or is it just Jim Rome complaining about the imminent '72 Dolphins celebrating more than the actual members of the '72 Dolphins team piping up about the lone undefeated team? because i hear that crap a LOT more than any Dolphins player saying anything. occasionally Shula will do a radio interview and then someone asks "hey what about that Team X that's 7-0" and he pretty much always says "they look real good and i think they have a great shot at it."

I'M OUT. LATE.
I'd put the Cowboys of the late 70s, The Steelers of the 70s, the 49ers of the 80s, the Cowboys of the 90s, The 85 Bears, The Packers of the 90s, the Patriots now ahead of them just to name a few. They played a pansy schedule. Have you seen the thing. It would be like having the 93 Cowboys play 12 games against this years Rams, Cards, and 49ers 4 times each.

So this isn't bitter...an asterik???I hated them before Rome ever used to talk about it. I mean what bitter old losers.

Quote:
"The Spygate thing has diminished what they've accomplished. You would hate to have that attached to your accomplishments. They've got it," Shula told the Daily News yesterday. "Belichick was fined $500,000, the team was fined $250,00 and they lost a first-round draft choice. That tells you the seriousness or significance of what they found.

"I guess you got the same thing as putting an asterisk by Barry Bonds' home run record. I guess it will be noted that the Patriots were fined and a No.1 draft choice was taken away during that year of accomplishment. The sad thing is Tom Brady looks so good, it doesn't look like he needs any help."
Old 11-06-2007   #18
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

i'd put the '73 team ahead of them, but that's me.
Old 11-06-2007   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I'd put the Cowboys of the late 70s, - YES
The Steelers of the 70s - YES
the 49ers of the 80s - YES,
the Cowboys of the 90s - YES
The 85 Bears, - YES
The Packers of the 60s - YES

the Patriots now ahead of them just to name a few. They played a pansy schedule. Have you seen the thing. It would be like having the 93 Cowboys play 12 games against this years Rams, Cards, and 49ers 4 times each. - Concur

So this isn't bitter...an asterik???I hated them before Rome ever used to talk about it. I mean what bitter old losers. EXACTLY

Frog, you were pretty much spot on!!! Props!!!

"You must spread some reputation.... yada yada.."
Old 11-06-2007   #20
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

it's not about them being the best team ever, it's about them doing something no one else has ever done before. all those teams may be better, but they never went undefeated. really says just how hard it is to go undefeated in the NFL.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read