Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2007   #1
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer
Default Without Dunta...

...what are our chances the rest of the season?

From everything I have read, I think we come back with our offense more healthy than we have seen it since week 2 - Schaub, Andre Johnson, and Green should be back. I think we found some additional potentional weapons while these guys have been out, so assuming the line can hold up, I feel pretty good about the offense going into this second half of the season.

The problem is, I don't know if it will matter with out Dunta on the field. The defense as a whole and the secondary in particular have not played well. I am excited about the potential of Bennett, but he will have growing pains. Faggins has been exposed and teams will continue to target him when he is on the field.

We have two weeks to prepare for the next game, so I am wondering what we can do from a player or scheme stand-point.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #2
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Without Dunta...

I think this injury is going to set the franchise back more than we know. I have doubts that we can be ready for the beginning of next season, and know with an already depleted secondary that gives you yet another hole to fill. Also, if/when he is ready to come back, will he be the same? How does an NFL cover corner recover from that kind of injury? This one really hurts. This franchise just has all the bad breaks, literally and figuratively.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #3
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Hutchins plays some CB and Demps gets some time at safety.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #4
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Did everybody see what Drew Brees and the Saints did the the Jags D? And we have to face them without the heart of our Defense, could be brutal.
Old 11-05-2007   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Drew Brees threw for around 450 yards against Mathis, Nelson, etc.

Our secondary was suspect before. Now we lost arguably our Most Valuable Player. Some would argue its Demeco which is fair...but If you take away Dunta- Brees is going to not only target Faggins but he'll target Bennett...then he'll eat up our safeties.

We have 0 players in our secondary right now that would start for playoff contending teams. And we're facing one of the more prolific offenses in the nfl.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #6
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

My predictions:

Saints - L
Browns - L
Titans - W
Bucs - L
Broncos - W
Colts - L
Jags - W

We end up at 7 -9. Not bad, considering all that we have been through.
Old 11-05-2007   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 133685 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Well it falls on the Offense to protect our suspect defense. We need to control the clock and keep moving the chains.

The D needs to step up and get pressure. Same issues we have always had. Hopefully one of our young guys steps up shows something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re: Without Dunta...
Without Dunta........................ we're one and done in the wildcard game this year.. ???
Old 11-05-2007   #9
TigerV1
All Pro

Rep Power: 91 TigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

While losing Dunta hurts, I am excited to see that we have an up-and-comer in Bennett. There is a bit of silver lining here folks. I don't think its as bad as we all think. It is bad, don't get me wrong, but we at least have someone who has a chance to shine and has a huge upside.
Old 11-05-2007   #10
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

In the New Orleans game . .

We're going to get blown out. Brees will light us up, and Reggie Bush will pour salt on the wound.

Happy?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerV1 View Post
While losing Dunta hurts, I am excited to see that we have an up-and-comer in Bennett. There is a bit of silver lining here folks. I don't think its as bad as we all think. It is bad, don't get me wrong, but we at least have someone who has a chance to shine and has a huge upside.
Maybe that would be ok if we had to field only one CB at a time. But when you have to play 2, 3, or 4 CBs on the field at the same time it hurts bad.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #12
TigerV1
All Pro

Rep Power: 91 TigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedTigerV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Maybe that would be ok if we had to field only one CB at a time. But when you have to play 2, 3, or 4 CBs on the field at the same time it hurts bad.
I understand, but with Robinson at #1 and Faggins at #2 we still only had one CB out there and now we have Bennett rising to take Dunta's spot. Yes, it sucks, but I don't see much of a change other than we lose an incredible veteran presence.

Bennett is no Robinson yet, but he is coming into his own. We will continue to have problems in the secondary, don't get me wrong, but I am just not ready to throw in the towel.
Old 11-05-2007   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 133685 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I know - we could play zone.

Oh wait... we suck worse while in zone coverage?

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 11-05-2007   #14
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerV1 View Post
I understand, but with Robinson at #1 and Faggins at #2 we still only had one CB out there and now we have Bennett rising to take Dunta's spot. Yes, it sucks, but I don't see much of a change other than we lose an incredible veteran presence.

Bennett is no Robinson yet, but he is coming into his own. We will continue to have problems in the secondary, don't get me wrong, but I am just not ready to throw in the towel.
Oh, I am never ready to throw in the towel. Unfortunately, CB was one of our weakest positions coming into the season and now without Dunta we are really in trouble. We were pretty bad in the secondary overall before. Now it's going to be tough. Faggins is our most experienced CB .
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
In the New Orleans game . .

We're going to get blown out. Brees will light us up, and Reggie Bush will pour salt on the wound.

Happy?
What wound? I have no wounds, well ok just the one from when I fell from the chandelier, but I am sure you were not referring to that.
Old 11-05-2007   #16
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's just wait. Kubiak said that something would be happening via the trade/FA market. We'll be getting a cornerback very soon. I just hope that it's sooner than later so he has time to plan for the New Orleans game.
Old 11-05-2007   #17
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

It sure would be nice to have some high draft picks playing on the D-line to create pressure on the QB to help make up for the loss in the secondary! Oh yeah thats right we have three #1's and a well paid FA in Weaver. If they dont step it up against Brees this could make the humiliation of the SD game look like a warm up!

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #18
PapaL
Loose Screw

Considering the trade deadline has passed - Are we signing Deon Sanders?

Quote:
Old 11-05-2007   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Considering the trade deadline has passed - Are we signing Deon Sanders?
Neon wasn't available, however, Lester Hayes and Daryl Green are available...
Old 11-05-2007   #20
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104197 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
What wound? I have no wounds, well ok just the one from when I fell from the chandelier, but I am sure you were not referring to that.
If Reggie Bush is a bust, and Mario can't carry Reggie's jock, what does that make Mario?
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read