Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-11-2007   #41
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would you be willing to.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Have you seen Faggins the last, oh, I don't know... 185 seemingly undefended receivers?
So its DHall then.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5
what about reed
Demps and Reed formed a pretty solid safety Duo in Baltimore, of course this doesn't help out our CB situation. Maybe with that much punch in at the safety we could give Faggins a helper.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007   #42
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
what about reed
He is really too old to be giving up a 1st rounder for.

But he is damn good don't get me wrong.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007   #43
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Fred Bennett is coming around nicely and I agree. However from what I have read we are looking at a nine month rehab on DRob's knee, so that puts his target date of return beginning of August. At that point he has missed all of OTA's, two a day's, and the majority of camp. No way is DRob ready to go at the beginning of next season. I would also prepare yourself to have him taking the Spencer route, starting the year on the PUP list then IR'd.

Then you have to ask yourself two questions.

The first being am I willing to go into next season with my number one and number two CB's young and inexperienced to defend against the NFC North, AFC South, and AFC North.

The second question is DHall or Faggins?
The correct question would be DHall or Faggins + first round pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #44
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I would be willing to give up a number 1 in trade for Hall and a no. 2 pick.
WELCOME with open arms D. Hall just think though Hall and DR of course when he's back. I brought this trade or something up when we played them back in the day, don't feel like finding the thread so Hall .....Welcome....what do ya say Smith?!
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #45
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
Give an 09 first round pick for D Hall if the Texans are unable to sign a FA CB?
no way..I wouldn't give up anything higher than a 3rd for him....and why not wait until next year until he is unrestricted? I like Fred to much right now to even think about Hall.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #46
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
no way..I wouldn't give up anything higher than a 3rd for him....and why not wait until next year until he is unrestricted? I like Fred to much right now to even think about Hall.
B/C more than likely DRob will not be back in time for next year. DHall has already expressed his displeasure in Atlanta and he wants out after this year.

So you look at going into next year with our options at CB being, Faggins, Flether, Wynn, Von Hutchins and a rookie CB.

Old 11-12-2007   #47
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
B/C more than likely DRob will not be back in time for next year.
More than likely? Where did you get this?
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2007   #48
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Make that one more vote for no and another vote for HELL NO!
I would trade a no. 3 though.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #49
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
B/C more than likely DRob will not be back in time for next year. DHall has already expressed his displeasure in Atlanta and he wants out after this year.

So you look at going into next year with our options at CB being, Faggins, Flether, Wynn, Von Hutchins and a rookie CB.
But why not just draft a corner? D. Hall is good and I respect his game, but what's the point in trading for him if we can get a corner in the draft? Then we can pay him a more reasonable amount, start from scratch with him, and hopefully he can become a franchise type player, much like Dunta.

My guess is that the difference in money between Hall and a 1st round CB would be pretty significant.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #50
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
But why not just draft a corner? D. Hall is good and I respect his game, but what's the point in trading for him if we can get a corner in the draft? Then we can pay him a more reasonable amount, start from scratch with him, and hopefully he can become a franchise type player, much like Dunta.

My guess is that the difference in money between Hall and a 1st round CB would be pretty significant.
B/C I don't like the idea of going into next season with Bennett, who will have a half a years worth of playing time and a green CB playing opposite of him.

I believe LT or RB should be our #1 priority. Salaam is not going to last another season, he is already being held together with duct tape and barb wire.

I would rather draft a RB than sign a FA and we only have two first day picks.

Don't get me wrong, I like Samuel but after they go 16-0 he would be a fool to leave the team.

But I also like Hall b/c he gives us something in the kicking game, which we need so he actually fills two positions of need.

Old 11-12-2007   #51
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 223239 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Fred Bennett is coming around nicely and I agree. However from what I have read we are looking at a nine month rehab on DRob's knee, so that puts his target date of return beginning of August. At that point he has missed all of OTA's, two a day's, and the majority of camp. No way is DRob ready to go at the beginning of next season. I would also prepare yourself to have him taking the Spencer route, starting the year on the PUP list then IR'd.

The first being am I willing to go into next season with my number one and number two CB's young and inexperienced to defend against the NFC North, AFC South, and AFC North.

To answer your two questions...
1) am I willing to go into next season with my number one and number two CB's young and inexperienced to defend against the NFC North, AFC South, and AFC North
I understand your point but I'd still rather not trade an over-rated, mouthy DeAngelo (sp?) Hall for a first round pick. So if that means we have youngsters on the corners until D-Rob gets back (and I think that'll be next year) then so be it.
According to this website [ http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...tion=DB&y=2008 ], there are a bunch of DBs who's contracts will be up this off-season. Let's see what Rick Smith can do with a little money to work with.

2) The second question is DHall or Faggins?
Neither if we can help it. Faggins may not make the squad unless its as a special teamer and Hall just isn't worth a first round pick. And its really D.Hall + a 1st rd pick (the proposed trade) or Faggins (stand pat).

Let's see what magic Rick Smith can do in the off-season now that he has some decent F/A money to barter with. We can do better than Hall. And Faggins probably doesn't make the team next year unless its as a special teamer.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 11-12-2007 at 05:05 PM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007   #52
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Or you move down the board at a lesser value and you take another Bennit prospect at the bottom of the first. There will be several there. We'll see next spring. They plug the hole with an econmical FA guy....
I just don't see them spending this kind of money on two #1 CBs at the detriment of the whole roster. I believe it is a luxuary they can not afford. Maybe I'm wrong but no one else is doing it with success.
Faggins just went back to nickle this week.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 11-13-2007 at 01:50 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007   #53
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Or you move down the board at a lesser value and you take another Bennit prospect at the bottom of the first. There will be several there. We'll see next spring. They plug the hole with an econmical FA guy....
I just don't see them spending this kind of money on two #1 CBs at the detriment of the whole roster. I believe it is a luxuary they can not afford. Maybe I'm wrong but no one else is doing it with success.
Faggins just went back to nickle this week.
THe one benefit of having two lockdown corners is that you can blitz like a mother and not have to worry as much about coverage. Again I asked the question but it was only out of curiousity. We all know the NFL stands for not for long and if Dunta is out for a while then our shaky secondary becomes a REAL issue. I'd hate to see poor Kubes get in hot water because of injuries.

Giving up the 09 pick is a gamble for sure but I think there are pluses and minuses. The media call Hall a shutdown corner, I haven't seen him play all that much - why would I want to watch the Falcons. Some of the posters that watch the Falcons say he is overrated. I posed the question assuming he is a legit number one CB. IF he isn't then there is no point to even consider it.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007   #54
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
THe one benefit of having two lockdown corners is that you can blitz like a mother and not have to worry as much about coverage. Again I asked the question but it was only out of curiousity. We all know the NFL stands for not for long and if Dunta is out for a while then our shaky secondary becomes a REAL issue. I'd hate to see poor Kubes get in hot water because of injuries.

Giving up the 09 pick is a gamble for sure but I think there are pluses and minuses. The media call Hall a shutdown corner, I haven't seen him play all that much - why would I want to watch the Falcons. Some of the posters that watch the Falcons say he is overrated. I posed the question assuming he is a legit number one CB. IF he isn't then there is no point to even consider it.
Yes and so far it is working out wonderfuly for Denver this season. Why we have to keep shoveling before we figure out that certain things do not work is beyound me. The hole is five years old and getting deeper. Stop sholveling. Come out of cap hell and the very first thing you do is go right back into cap hell, that make no sence to me. But whatever. The loss of the pittbull is very bad no doubt. But the reason we're living with this putird mess is because we reached for palyers, veteran players, who didn't pan out. I'd just as soon a gamble with a rook as to throw #1 money at a loose canan. Just me I guess.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read