Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2007   #1
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Would you be willing to.....

Give an 09 first round pick for D Hall if the Texans are unable to sign a FA CB?
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #2
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would you be willing to.....

I wouldn't because he's a clubhouse cancer and overrated.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #3
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

no.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #4
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i doubt you get a single yes
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #5
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Absolutely not.
Old 11-05-2007   #6
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
i doubt you get a single yes
YES...........
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #7
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, its about time we got a guy who has low character issues. It can only help this soft team we have now.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2007   #8
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 59 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Yes, its about time we got a guy who has low character issues. It can only help this soft team we have now.
he's been doing alot of "helping" for the falcons right?
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

:crickets:
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I'd rather suck a fart out of a dead chickens ass.
Old 11-05-2007   #11
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 115170 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

D. Hall is a good corner. I wouldn't go as far as calling him a cancer. In the right situation any player flourish (Cris Carter, Randy Moss, etc...). If we were a player away from being a good solid team I would do it. We however are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #12
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, having seen my team play the guy twice a year for the last few seasons, I think the guy is ridiculously overrated.

Not even taking into account whether or not you like Hall's personality, he really does give up big play after big play because he likes to gamble for the flashy INT. Sure, once every so often that gamble pays off and he makes a great play on the ball, but the last several games we've played against him, we've beaten him for about 4 touchdowns. And it's not just us.

I don't deny the talet the guy has, and he's a hell of a threat with the ball in his hands, but I just wouldn't want him constantly getting toasted in my defensive backfield because he just wants the pick every here and there to show up in the stat sheet.
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #13
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Well.... Just a thought. I haven't seen him play a ton as I have little to no interest in the Falcons. He is supposed to a be a number one corner, but if he is limited in coverage ability then he wouldn't help. Again just a thought. Depending on D Robs injury our secondary could be in serious trouble... this sucks....Fing injuries!
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

This team just needs to take another high draft pick, use it wisely (and not on the freaking D-line!), and get everybody healthy for next year. Eventually, we might have one year without a waterfall of injuries. I won't even ask what the status is on Spencer right now. I'm just assuming he'll back (at 60%) for next preseason.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007   #15
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

i'd give a third
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007   #16
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

No to a 1st rounder but i would not have a problem with a 3 4 5th
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007   #17
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
Give an 09 first round pick for D Hall if the Texans are unable to sign a FA CB?
Not a first round, but I would give up a second day pick and hide in the contract that they also get Ron Dayne.

I don't understand some people who are against DHall. I guess if you don't like hard nose CB's that makes plays on the ball, has attitude and the ability to back it up, I can see why you would not to like him. If that is the case the flower shop girl who has a sweet smile will be more than happy to play CB for the Texans.

DHall has not said anything about his coach or his team that is not true. DHall is an unselfish player that wants to win and is a fiery competitor. I would love to have this man on my team, more so than Samuel. DHall has played at an elevated level since coming into the league in 04 where as Samuel just recently got good over the couple of few years.

We better hope the Texans do something B/C I seriously doubt DRob will play next year. DRob does not have just one, but two major tears in his knee. This is another Charles Spencer situation.

So take your pick, Faggins or DHall.

On second thought, with how the Texans draft in the first round, yes I would give up the 09 pick. It would only be worth a 26-27 pick anyway.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007   #18
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Not a first round, but I would give up a second day pick and hide in the contract that they also get Ron Dayne.

I don't understand some people who are against DHall. I guess if you don't like hard nose CB's that makes plays on the ball, has attitude and the ability to back it up, I can see why you would not to like him. If that is the case the flower shop girl who has a sweet smile will be more than happy to play CB for the Texans.
Hall is not a "hard nose cb that makes plays on the ball". He is a loudmouth who gets burned fairly often for being a supposed "shutdown corner". He commits ***** penalties for running his mouth and DPI a lot. He does get a pick here and there, but in all honesty, I'd rather the Texans groom somebody from the draft, rather than give up a draft pick that is way too high (because ATL will try to get all they can for him). If we're talking second day pick, I wouldn't mind trying him on for a bit. But definitley not either of our first day picks.

Quote:
DHall has not said anything about his coach or his team that is not true. DHall is an unselfish player that wants to win and is a fiery competitor. I would love to have this man on my team, more so than Samuel. DHall has played at an elevated level since coming into the league in 04 where as Samuel just recently got good over the couple of few years.
Sorry but Hall is exactly the selfish kind of player that lets a coverage get blown because he wanted to make an attempt at a fancy play. He is an "I" player, because it's always about what he is doing. When he talks to the media, or whatnot. Did you read about Daunta Robinson throwing his teammates or his coaches under the bus in the media when the Texans were the laughing stock of the league? No. And I don't want some jackass in the locker room talking about how bad some players might be, when he himself has been burned quite a bit over the season. Pass.

Quote:
We better hope the Texans do something B/C I seriously doubt DRob will play next year. DRob does not have just one, but two major tears in his knee. This is another Charles Spencer situation.

So take your pick, Faggins or DHall.
I'll take Asante Samuels/Aquib Talib/Mike Jenkins/Reggie Smith thank you. And really, I'd like to have one of the players that are in the draft over Samuels anyway.

Quote:
On second thought, with how the Texans draft in the first round, yes I would give up the 09 pick. It would only be worth a 26-27 pick anyway.
Andre Johnson, Daunta Robinson, Amobi Okoye, Mario Williams, and Travis Johnson.

vs

Leon Hall, Jonathan Joseph, David Pollack, Chris Perry, Carson Palmer, Levi Jones.

That's one comparison vs another team and their firsts for the past 6 years. Hmmmmmm

Just cause you didn't like the Williams pick (which is what I am assuming you don't like) doesn't mean that the Texans can't spot talent in the first round. I don't know if our 2009 pick will be in the high twenties. Lets hope so.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007   #19
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be willing to give up a number 1 in trade for Hall and a no. 2 pick.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007   #20
Xetuoh1836
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Xetuoh1836 is a Pro BowlerXetuoh1836 is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I would be willing to give up a number 1 in trade for Hall and a no. 2 pick.
Heck, I'll do you one better! I'll trade our current no.#3 this year and next!
Xetuoh1836 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read