Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-04-2007   #1
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 15 random thoughts on Week 9

1. Haha. Jon Kitna thinks that Detroit is going to win 10 games this year. What a dumba..... oh, wait, they might actually do it.

2. I was neither a Carr hater nor a homer during his tenure here so I have no agenda with my next comments. Carr looked freakin' awful against Tennessee. I watched a lot of it and he's still doing the same things he did here. Throwing for 2 yards when he needs 10. Holding the ball too long. Sacked 7 times. Getting happy feet and freakin' out at the first sign of a rush. If I'm Steve Smith and Keary Colbert, I'm trying to figure out a way to frag Carr so we can actually get some offense going again. Normally you don't hear a commentator rip a player a new one, but Brian Baldinger (of the NFL Network Carr v. Schaub breakdown) was very open about how poor he thinks Carr's play has been.

3. Prayers, please, for Dunta's sprained knee. I personally count that sprain as a blessing based on how ugly the end of that play looked. Honestly, there was a part of me that thought that was an ACL or maybe he even hit the trifecta (ACL, MCL, & PCL) meaning he would have been the Dunta we know and love some time in 2009 (if ever). All of this hinges on whether or not our training staff is being honest with the diagnosis which, well, I think we all know how we feel about that. [EDIT: D-Rob tore his hammy off the bone and possibly tore a knee ligament. My prayer request above goes double, now, and hopefully we'll see Dunta back "bringing the wood" next year.]

4. Okay. So Kurt Warner never really struck me as a tough dude up until here recently. After tearing ligaments in his non-throwing arm against Carolina, he's played the past couple of weeks with some kind of big robo-brace that looks like something you would see on someone after a car wreck. That arm has to hurt and the fact that he's still playing (and not doing too bad) speaks about the size of his sub-belt-level man-bearings.

5. How about Antonio Cromartie with the 109 yard missed FG return for a TD? If you're a Vikings player, that really has to stick in your craw going into the half. Of course, when you've got AD rushing for 296 yards and 3 TD's it's hard to stay down for too long. 296 yards. That's just sick. Oh, and that makes two NFL records in one game. Who would have figured?

6. Congratulations to Brett Favre who's now beaten every team in the NFL.

7. I noticed something during the Colts game that I wish Texans fans would pick up on. When Manning is running his offense in the RCA dome, the crowd is quiet. And not just a little quiet, but amazingly quiet considering how many hoosiers are packed in that building. It says a lot about how football saavy their fans are and I wish our fans could follow suit.

8. Ladies and gentlemen, please, please sit down before you hear this: Ron Dayne actually scored a touchdown and broke the century mark rushing. But Green came up lame again and I think that we can pretty well surmise that the Ahman Green experiment in Houston is reaching an unceremonious end with that emergence of that balky knee.

9. After seeing Jared Allen's mullet, I have to say I'm not too impressed. Having grown up in the redneck-infested piney woods of North Louisiana, I've seen mullets of Joe Dirt proportions. Allen's mullet is relatively tame.

10. Does Lane Kiffin's mom know that he's coaching on Sundays? I mean, I bet these late games keep him out past when the street lights come on.

11. I hate the Pats. I hate Bill Belicheat. I especially hate Tom Brady. I hate their LB's. I really hate Randy Moss. Heck, I even hate clam chowder now. But, man, you have to give them credit and now I'm wagering that the road to the Stupor Bowl goes through Foxborough.

12. Wow. Could we have had more fouls on that Raider drive in Q4? I'm sitting on my couch sweating, hoping that the defense could pull their heads out of their rear ends long enough to get a stop and not negate it with a dumb play. As I'm doing this, I'm thinking "Wow, this speaks volumes about how shaky my confidence is in these guys that I can't relax deep in the fourth quarter with a 14 point lead. Against the Raiders."

13. I think that Romeo Crennel has quieted some of the clamoring for his head. Cleveland, 5-3 at the halfway mark of that season, are at least competitive. Hey, how do you like that - the Brownies have a better record that us!

14. I can remember when an Atlanta Falcons v. San Francisco 49'ers game would have really been something. Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, and John Taylor versus Chris Miller, Michael Haynes, and Andre Rison. Uh, now its like Ben Folds Five's "Battle of who cares less."

15. Mangenius my **s!

Last edited by drewmar74; 11-04-2007 at 09:33 PM.
drewmar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 15 random thoughts on Week 9

yeah i was watching the Bucs/Colts game when i first noticed the awesome RCA dome crowd. and whenever the noise picked up a bit while the Colts were on offense, Manning told them to be quiet, and just like THAT, instant silence. incredible. not just a bunch of bandwagoners going to the games, they've got some true diehards attending those games. it's awesome to watch.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
3. Prayers, please, for Dunta's sprained knee. I personally count that sprain as a blessing based on how ugly the end of that play looked. Honestly, there was a part of me that thought that was an ACL or maybe he even hit the trifecta (ACL, MCL, & PCL) meaning he would have been the Dunta we know and love some time in 2009 (if ever). All of this hinges on whether or not our training staff is being honest with the diagnosis which, well, I think we all know how we feel about that.
d-rob out for season. not looking good

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #4
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
d-rob out for season. not looking good

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
Sweet merciful Jesus. That's awful. I guess that explains why I saw him grabbing that hammy.

Prayers needed now more than before. Don't just pray for D-Rob, pray for the doctors, too.
Old 11-04-2007   #5
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
yeah i was watching the Bucs/Colts game when i first noticed the awesome RCA dome crowd. and whenever the noise picked up a bit while the Colts were on offense, Manning told them to be quiet, and just like THAT, instant silence. incredible. not just a bunch of bandwagoners going to the games, they've got some true diehards attending those games. it's awesome to watch.
http://mb.jaguars.com/Topic398637-7-1.aspx

Doesn't mean its true but its funny that you guys brought this up.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #6
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

AD is the shit.

Sad about D-Rob though.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i heard what they were talking about, it was clearly part of CBS's audio. i thought it was funny and DVR'd back to hear it again.

btw, this game was ripe for rewinding on the ole DVR. randy moss's 1-handed catch was a favorite of mine.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-04-2007   #8
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

16. FIRE FAGGINS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #9
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post

what about when those 'diehards' boo once peyton starts going in the victory formation
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #10
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

a part of DC's poor play yesterday was that great d-line of the titans, but 80% was he is possibly even worse than he was here.

I supported him when he was here, but good Lord he is just awful.
Old 11-05-2007   #11
drewmar74
disgruntled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
a part of DC's poor play yesterday was that great d-line of the titans, but 80% was he is possibly even worse than he was here.

I supported him when he was here, but good Lord he is just awful.
Agreed. The Tacks weren't doing him any favors but yes, he stinks. It's almost sad to watch. I mean you can see that he's damaged goods mentally.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read