Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2007   #21
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE
Default Re: Sage Roselfels For President!

Except for a couple of beautiful throws, he did decent.

He's the best backup in the league, however, I don't think he'll be the best starter.
Old 11-05-2007   #22
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm sorry but Sage never looks even remotely like a starter to me. I've never understood what people are seeing in him. Yes, he was without a doubt an improvement over "Ocho Stinko" but he's not a starting QB. Everything he does out there looks a step slower than even Schaub whose an NFL starter for the first time in his career. The difference really is like night and day in my opinion.

Exactly, he looks down recievers as well and has a habit of throwing it up for grabs instead of throwing it away or just taking a sack. Let's not go crazy here. He is a good back-up is a great insurance policy. So it should be "Sage for Vice President!!!"
Old 11-05-2007   #23
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm sorry but Sage never looks even remotely like a starter to me. I've never understood what people are seeing in him. Yes, he was without a doubt an improvement over "Ocho Stinko" but he's not a starting QB. Everything he does out there looks a step slower than even Schaub whose an NFL starter for the first time in his career. The difference really is like night and day in my opinion.
Agree also.... He's nice to bring off the bench and there's not a whole lot of teams that have a Sage type luxury, but at the end of the day, he's a BACKUP...
Old 11-05-2007   #24
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
I think a HUGE reason why Sage looked so good out there today was because Ron Dayne got off his enormous behind when he saw we were playing the Raiders again. It's amazing what a QB can do with a solid running game...something Schuab has been without for the last few games.
Amen
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #25
taruky
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I'm not totally convinced that Matt is or even should be our starter. Make no mistake about it, Matt is a much better QB then whatshisname but I've seen him make some pretty bonehead play too. Also, I'm not totally convinced that Sage should be our starter either for pretty much the same reasons. Both of our QBs have been career backups and both are making the same types of mistakes. You know, those growing into the job mistakes. Sage look real good today but then again, Ron Dayne ran for 127 yards too. When both Green & Dayne were banged up, did either Matt or Sage look very good? No, not really.

I will say, the price for Matt was steep. Two second rounder picks is essentially two starters from your team. I think you have to asker yourself this question; "How good would we look if we had kept the second round picks and chosen _______?" Here's a couple of folks who could help out our line that were chosen at the top of the 2nd round.

Arron Sears: Starting left guard for Tampa
Tony Ugoh: Starting left tackle Indy

How much better is Sage if we had a better line? How much better is our running game if we have a better line? Did we really need to pay that high a price for a backup QB?

Kubes & company appear to have a pension for making solid draft choices so it wouldn't surprise me to see us pick up another top flight plays in both of those lost drafts. Taking away starters is a big deal and I expect our second round pick to be just that, a starter.
Schaub has been a backup to Michael Vick, so his career backup label comes with a very large asterisk. There was no way ANYONE was going to start ahead of Vick for many reasons I don't need to get into. Also we're talking 3 seasons as a backup, really not a lot. In my opinion, until getting pulverized by the Titans, Schaub really displayed that he will be a very good QB in the league. Were things tough in the red zone, yes. Did he underthrow a few passes (which I see many QBs do, including Favre a few times this season)? Yes. But these are things that can be fixed; the fact is that he was consistently moving the ball against defenses.
taruky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #26
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
Rosenfels has me wondering what he might do if he actually had to run the team all the time. He seems like a strong QB, good passer (though sometimes a little loosey-goosey), good movement in and out of the pocket, elusive (a little bit?), pretty big arm, guys want to play for him looks like, makes others look good all the time, pretty quick release -- I mean, what's not to like?

The thing I wonder is what might he do if he had to play the good teams every week. He wasn't strong enough last week, for example.

Still, I wonder. Is it even remotely possible that this guy has been hanging around the league for 5 years (or whatever) and deserves to be a starter?

I don't think he gets the chance with the Texans, but if I were any one of about a half-dozen other teams I'd be looking carefully at him.

Wonder what his contract is like? Wonder what he might be worth in a trade?

You're kidding right?

You don't remember his chances in Maimi and Washington when both starting QB postions were up for grabs? Sorry but if you can't beat out Ramsey or Fielder you don't deserve to be a starting QB.

He's Commander Cody 2.0. Great in a pinch but won't ever make it as a legit starter.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #27
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i wonder if someone got a photograph of him while he was bleeding. heroic.
Old 11-05-2007   #28
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

You can't spell Sage Rosenfels without an INT......

Well maybe you can, but he puts the ball up for grabs way too much. When he throws a pick I am not remotely surprised, its what he does.
Old 11-05-2007   #29
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As well as I could put it.
Old 11-05-2007   #30
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
and all of his deep balls look like they are just thrown up for grabs.
This is odd--when he threw the touch to Andre II, I mean, when the ball left Rosenfels' hand, I said, "That's stupid," and what I was thinking was that he was throwing it up for grabs and had OVERTHROWN the receiver by a mile.

So imagine my surprise when the ball lands right in Andre II's outstretched hands.

Then I thought, "Oh, maybe Rosenfels is more accurate than it looks."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #31
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
This is odd--when he threw the touch to Andre II, I mean, when the ball left Rosenfels' hand, I said, "That's stupid," and what I was thinking was that he was throwing it up for grabs and had OVERTHROWN the receiver by a mile.

So imagine my surprise when the ball lands right in Andre II's outstretched hands.

Then I thought, "Oh, maybe Rosenfels is more accurate than it looks."
Look at all of his Ints, iincluding the one he threw in this game.
Old 11-05-2007   #32
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Look at all of his Ints, iincluding the one he threw in this game.
And that last TD he threw in the end zone in the Titans game? I think that was into double coverage and could have been a horrible decision had it been intercepted. I watch that throw and cringe, even though the outcome was a TD. There's pretty much only one guy you can toss the ball up to, and last I checked he played for New England.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #33
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If I remember correctly, no one thought Tom Brady would ever be more than a back up either, AND look what happened! Give our guys credit when credit is due. There are more TOM BRADY'S and PAYTON MANNINGS out there, and we just might have one of them. Who knows, another Bret Farve might surface. Let's be happy we have what we have. Our two QBs play their hearts out, and in a couple years just might be the next super hero!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #34
Bipolar The Titan
cow pattie chunkin' champ

Rep Power: 515 Bipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respectedBipolar The Titan is a quality contributor and well respected

Congratulations on the big win.

you know what this means don't you?

you guys officially OWN the Raiders!

how does it feel? hahahaha
Old 11-06-2007   #35
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91628 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I'm not totally convinced that Matt is or even should be our starter. Make no mistake about it, Matt is a much better QB then whatshisname but I've seen him make some pretty bonehead play too. Also, I'm not totally convinced that Sage should be our starter either for pretty much the same reasons. Both of our QBs have been career backups and both are making the same types of mistakes. You know, those growing into the job mistakes. Sage look real good today but then again, Ron Dayne ran for 127 yards too. When both Green & Dayne were banged up, did either Matt or Sage look very good? No, not really.

I will say, the price for Matt was steep. Two second rounder picks is essentially two starters from your team. I think you have to asker yourself this question; "How good would we look if we had kept the second round picks and chosen _______?" Here's a couple of folks who could help out our line that were chosen at the top of the 2nd round.

Arron Sears: Starting left guard for Tampa
Tony Ugoh: Starting left tackle Indy

How much better is Sage if we had a better line? How much better is our running game if we have a better line? Did we really need to pay that high a price for a backup QB?

Kubes & company appear to have a pension for making solid draft choices so it wouldn't surprise me to see us pick up another top flight plays in both of those lost drafts. Taking away starters is a big deal and I expect our second round pick to be just that, a starter.
OK. Stop the madness. I know you're old enough to remember "Commander Cody". That's what Sage is. Remember when Moon broke his collar bone? Or remember when we thought we were going to hand the keys to him? He was a very good backup. But as a starter he was an utter failure.

Imagine how much better we would be if we had Schaub AND an offensive line. I haven't been easy on Schaub either. I think he has alot of work. But he's willing to put it in.

As for comparing them saying they are both career backups. Who's the best player Schaub had to beat out for a starting job? Jay Fiedler? HWWNSO? Those filthy birds never even thought of starting anyone who they didn't have 60mil invested in. Never would have considered it.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #36
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
If I remember correctly, no one thought Tom Brady would ever be more than a back up either, AND look what happened! Give our guys credit when credit is due. There are more TOM BRADY'S and PAYTON MANNINGS out there, and we just might have one of them. Who knows, another Bret Farve might surface. Let's be happy we have what we have. Our two QBs play their hearts out, and in a couple years just might be the next super hero!
Sage seems to know his way around the offense was my ORIGINAL point. He looks more confident out there than Schaub does. Let me reitterate, I like Schaub but Sage seems to have a better rythum out there. And insofar as the "Commander Cody 2.0" comment was concerned. Come on. Cody was a pale version of Giff Neilson at best. The man's bones were too brittle to play in the NFL and his first game as the Oiler's "Starter" proved that.
Give Rosenfels a chance.
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #37
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
Cody was a pale version of Giff Neilson at best.
LMAO DH....That's pretty bad.. As pale as Giff is, that would make Cody the whitest, white man... Evah!!
Old 11-06-2007   #38
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
G'Ma I am not hating on anyone and I think Matt Schuab is a hell of a QB and I think Sage is one hell of a back-up, but that is all Sage is, a back-up. All this being in-love with who ever is the back-up is just not right when Matt has done nothing to lose his job.
Old 11-06-2007   #39
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
The Raiders have one of the worst run defenses but they do have one of the best pass defenses in the NFL. I think they are 3rd in the NFL against the pass.
Yeah, stats like that are so unreliable. If youre down all game, people dont pass much.
Old 11-06-2007   #40
steds
Veteran

Rep Power: 329 steds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respected

What (admittedly little, coming from where I come from) I've seen of Rosenfels, I like. Not sure what would happen if he got a run in the side, but there's one way to find out and I reckon it'd be worth a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
And that last TD he threw in the end zone in the Titans game? I think that was into double coverage and could have been a horrible decision had it been intercepted.
What's your point? Pretty much every decision anyone ever makes would be a bad one if it went wrong.
steds is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read