Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Could Will Demps be the answer at Safety we've been waiting for
YES 58 72.50%
NO 22 27.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2007   #21
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: Could Will Demps be the answer at Safety we've been waiting for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I was thinking metro, but..........
same thing in my book. man with a woman's fashion/dress mentality.
Old 11-05-2007   #22
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Demps was on and off with the Giants. He could look real good and real bad depending on the game. I always liked the guy and hope he can get consistant. He looked good today.
Yeah, but our starters are off again/off again. Ill take 1 bad for 1 good over 1 bad and 1 not so bad.
Old 12-11-2007   #23
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, we've had a big enough sample size.........so what do y'all think now?
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #24
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that safety play has been so poor over the Texans existence that an average safety like Will Demps looks like a Pro Bowler to our eyes.

He's an improvement but we should keep in mind that everything is relative. I expect the Texans to try and find secondary help in the off-season but I think Demps can hold his spot down for a year or two. We can't fix everything at once and he'll do fine (much like Greenwood) until we can focus on upgrading his spot.
Old 12-12-2007   #25
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

I voted no, he is not the answer i was waiting looking for, that would imply satisfaction with the Texans current safety production. Demps is doing a fine job at FS, the answer I am waiting for is a SS. Until we find another safety to play along side Demps, the secondary will never be solid.
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #26
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Thats kind of funny because we're always saying we have 6 Strong Safeties and no Free Safeties.
Old 12-12-2007   #27
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Thats kind of funny because we're always saying we have 6 Strong Safeties and no Free Safeties.
yeah but who are these strong safeties that we have? Apparently nobody who is better than CC Brown. In my judgement CC and Earl are both below average for a starting NFL strong safety. Boulware is probably better as a linebacker. Mitchell and Harrison could be good prospects but are both too young and under-developed to take on a starting role. We have no good strong safeties on the roster, and in fact none that are even average.
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2007   #28
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr PC View Post
I voted no, he is not the answer i was waiting looking for, that would imply satisfaction with the Texans current safety production. Demps is doing a fine job at FS, the answer I am waiting for is a SS. Until we find another safety to play along side Demps, the secondary will never be solid.
So you think Demps is doing a fine job, but voted no, because your not happy with the other safety position.......???
Old 12-12-2007   #29
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
So you think Demps is doing a fine job, but voted no, because your not happy with the other safety position.......???
The question was is he the answer at safety you were waiting for. Answering yes makes it seem as if you believe that the safety problem has been solved. The reason we felt the need to upgrade at FS in the first place was because CC Brown is not good, remember? CC is STILL a starting safety for the Texans, and he still needs to be upgraded. That is the answer I am looking for. I think a good SS + Demps will be just fine for our secondary. Seemed to work pretty well in Baltimore at least.
Old 12-12-2007   #30
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The question was is he the answer at safety you were waiting for. Answering yes makes it seem as if you believe that the safety problem has been solved. The reason we felt the need to upgrade at FS in the first place was because CC Brown is not good, remember? CC is STILL a starting safety for the Texans, and he still needs to be upgraded. That is the answer I am looking for. I think a good SS + Demps will be just fine for our secondary. Seemed to work pretty well in Baltimore at least.
The question was, "could Will Demps be the answer at his safety position".........didn't have anything to do with CC.
Old 12-12-2007   #31
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
"could Will Demps be the answer at his safety position"
Quote:
"Could Will Demps be the answer at Safety we've been waiting for?"
These are different questions. I am reasonably satisfied with Will Demps play, he has done well enough to start at FS. But the "answer at Safety we've been waiting for" has still not yet arrived, at least in my opinion. I voted no because I am still waiting for an answer at safety.
Old 12-12-2007   #32
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116441 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
These are different questions. I am reasonably satisfied with Will Demps play, he has done well enough to start at FS. But the "answer at Safety we've been waiting for" has still not yet arrived, at least in my opinion. I voted no because I am still waiting for an answer at safety.
Unless Demps can can play both SS and FS at the same time I'm sure the question implies is he the answer to play the position he plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #33
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think that safety play has been so poor over the Texans existence that an average safety like Will Demps looks like a Pro Bowler to our eyes.

He's an improvement but we should keep in mind that everything is relative. I expect the Texans to try and find secondary help in the off-season but I think Demps can hold his spot down for a year or two. We can't fix everything at once and he'll do fine (much like Greenwood) until we can focus on upgrading his spot.
Like speninding a one on Kenny Phillips ? Well, I've said since the '07 draft that our starting safties for '08 were already on the roster...we'll see. Up to you to figure out why.
Old 12-12-2007   #34
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Unless Demps can can play both SS and FS at the same time I'm sure the question implies is he the answer to play the position he plays.
Perhaps, if so then I misunderstood the question. Demps is doing a pretty good job. But like I said, I am still wating on an answer at safety. I voted no because if I am still waiting on an answer at safety, then Demps could not possibly be the answer I was waiting for, otherwise I wouldnt still be waiting. I do appreciate what Demps has done since he has come in. He is easily worth resigning because he has played the best out of any safety on our roster.
Old 12-12-2007   #35
n420p69
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 n420p69 is a Legendary performern420p69 is a Legendary performern420p69 is a Legendary performern420p69 is a Legendary performern420p69 is a Legendary performern420p69 is a Legendary performern420p69 is a Legendary performern420p69 is a Legendary performern420p69 is a Legendary performern420p69 is a Legendary performern420p69 is a Legendary performer

I can tell you firsthand that Will Demps is a good hitter at times but he misses a hell of a lot of tackles and gets burnt quite a bit. He will make the plays but he will get toasted alot too.
n420p69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #36
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84010 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Will Demps has done enough to be given a shot at the FS job next season, he is very physical, seems to always be around the ball, and is ok in coverage.

I am interested to see what happens with Brandon Harrison next year after his rookie season was cut short, with all the safeties that will be in camp, I am not sure they will be bringing anyone in from outside. Remember Hutchins may be moved back to FS and Demps has skills to be a SS, both those guys have played well. A secondary of Bennett, Hutchins, Demps and Robinson is a possibility.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #37
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 92823 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

edited: alcohol induced post

Last edited by Scooter; 12-13-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Scooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #38
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116441 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
re-reading several posts, the compliments point towards tackling and hitting. to those i ask you ... do dunta, bennett, and brown need help in those areas or do we need a centerfielder/ballhawking free safety to shore up our pass defense?
Our front 7 has historically needed help tackling and hitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #39
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes. Yes. Yes I think he is. He could use some better gloves, maybe some of that sticky spray or something, but he hits hard enough to make D-rob proud.
Old 12-14-2007   #40
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

The guy makes plays, plain and simple.............should've had a couple of picks, but also prevented a TD.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read