Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Could Will Demps be the answer at Safety we've been waiting for
YES 58 72.50%
NO 22 27.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2007   #1
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Could Will Demps be the answer at Safety we've been waiting for?

The guy was making plays all over the field and got robbed on a beautiful textbook decleater. He saved TDs and was in perfect position on many plays and was VERY physical.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #2
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Could Will Demps be the answer at Safety we've been waiting for?

I liked what I saw. He was knocking the ball out of receivers hands.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #3
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Hmm...he's a improvement definitely but answer... we'll see against the Saints. So i'm not sure.

BTW I put yes beacuse he had a good game.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

compared to what we have seen this season, I was hoping Demps ( Boulware) would be good enough to take over the safety positions for us
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #5
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought he looked good despite those elbow-length gloves.

That unnecessary roughness call was BS.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #6
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

he really made a difference today
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #7
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that Demps had a great game today, but to say that he's ready to start at safety could be a stretch. Anyone can have a great game. The Dayne Train had a good game today, but is anyone starting a thread asking "Could Ron Dayne be the answer at RB we've been waiting for?" It'll definitly take 2-3 more games of considerable and solid play before we can really evaluate Demps fairly.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-04-2007   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
I think that Demps had a great game today, but to say that he's ready to start at safety could be a stretch. Anyone can have a great game. The Dayne Train had a good game today, but is anyone starting a thread asking "Could Ron Dayne be the answer at RB we've been waiting for?" It'll definitly take 2-3 more games of considerable and solid play before we can really evaluate Demps fairly.
Well then come back after 2-3 games to put a response. The way our secondary has been depleted it's never too early to start a thread like this.

Demps was in position to make plays more than I've ever seen CC Brown or anyone else that has played that position for the Texans.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #9
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
I thought he looked good despite those elbow-length gloves.

That unnecessary roughness call was BS.
He had a dislocated elbow. I guess he's still recovering. Shows his toughness. He's been playing with that for a while now.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #10
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll reserve my answer until after the Saints and Colts games. But I thought our secondary, aside from Petey, played exceptionally well.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #11
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Is he better then what we have out there now?

Then he should be starting. It's either zone or man - not rocket science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #12
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Demps was on and off with the Giants. He could look real good and real bad depending on the game. I always liked the guy and hope he can get consistant. He looked good today.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted yes. I was really impressed with him today...he was hitting very hard and knocking some balls loose.

Does this really mean he's the answer, no. We were playing oakland. If he looked like that against the colts, I'd be more impressed. I'm looking forward to seeing him get more time back there.

I think we could def. still be able to upgrade FS through the draft but honestly I don't think its as big of need as I once did. I will admit I was a huge fan of drafting a 1st rd FS and that that position needed the most upgrading. Unfortunately with D-Rob's injury, Cornerback is def. our biggest need and will get the most impact.

I believe our Safeties in general are going to be completely ignored this offseason. (CC Brown, Glenn Earl comes back, Michael Boulware added through a trade, picked up Will Demps who played well, drafted Brandon Harrison, moved Von Hutchins to S who has been playing decently) We have a surplus of safeties (although no true FS whatsoever) and a huge hole at CB now.

Faggins comes back in and starts. I believe the drop off from Dunta Robinson to Fred Bennett is HUGE. Let's try to put it in perspective, It's like the drop off of Andre Johnson to Jacoby Jones.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Demps played very well today. The thing I liked that he seems to bring is intensity and now with Dunta out, that will be needed to be there from someone and it looks like it could be him.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's stop for a second and remember that we played THE RAIDERS led by McClown who looked totally lost all game (to me).

Even Sage looked good. Dayne looked good.

We look good against Chiefs (without a full-blown Larry Johnson), the Panthers, and the Raiders (led by McCown). We eeked out a win vs. Miami with the help of our kicker.

And then we've been hammered by Jags, Titans, Colts, and Chargers...all those teams are a notch above us. The Falcons matchup is the one that bugs me the most because I felt we were the superior team.

But we're just a low-level team, a team who can beat teams on our own level. We look completely outplayed and outcoached when we go up against better teams.

Therefore, Demps looked good today.

Let's see how we handle Brees/Bush/Henderson/Colston.
Old 11-05-2007   #16
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I was on airport duty this afternoon. If the herd says he did well I believe it. I had to leave watching the game right after the Robinson disater.

I think this is a very good team (Saints) to roll out a dime defene on. I thought the Texas defense had very good game plan against him in the Rose bowl. Deny him the edges and foce him out of bounds. We've got a herd of safties to do this with. Be a good gme to take the bridle off of Richrd Smith and let him go for broke. They trounced the same team that trounced us a couple of weeks ago. They've got nothing to loose. If we go for broke, we get by forty or twenty what's the difference ? Might just get lucky and force enough turnovers and confusion to keep us in the game. They've got two weeks to work up some sort of surprise. We'll see.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 11-05-2007 at 01:47 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #17
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

it's possible... he brings the lumber like nobody's business.
Old 11-05-2007   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Ummmmm, Yankee..... I googled his website and I completely see what you were saying...
Old 11-05-2007   #19
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Ummmmm, Yankee..... I googled his website and I completely see what you were saying...
yeah... he's def. a ladyboy...

he's half black, half korean... hopefully, he busts out his magic blackanese taekwondo some more.
Old 11-05-2007   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
yeah... he's def. a ladyboy.
I was thinking metro, but..........

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read