Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2007   #1
fritz145
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 fritz145 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotfritz145 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Pittman Returns and Rockets Stuff

Hell all,

Here's the latest from Bryan Pittman. He gives some interesting insight into the Texans mindset right now.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/ballz/..._pittman_7.php

Also, for you Rockets fans out there, I thought I'd pass along my feature on new Rockets GM, Daryl Morey:

http://www.houstonpress.com/2007-11-...t-science/full

and if you still want more, here are the outtakes as well, featuring more tidbits from Daryl, Billy Beane and Carroll Dawson:

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/ballz/..._couldve_b.php

Thanks for reading! Week 9 picks will be up later this afternoon.

JCF
fritz145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: Pittman Returns and Rockets Stuff

i like his attitude re: the bad snap.
Old 11-02-2007   #3
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

That is a great article on Morey. Thanks
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Depressing stuff, man, depressing stuff.

JCF: After your first couple losses of the season, you said your team still had plenty of confidence. How are you guys feeling now that youíre officially in a major slump?

BP: Yeah, I think there is a loss of confidence. But I mean a good teammate will see someone in that predicament and do what he can to give him a pep talk and to say encouraging words to bring them back to where his confidence level needs to be. I think we have a lot of good teammates that are like that.

JCF: Do you feel as if yet another season is slipping away?

BP: Yeah, I mean itís an inevitable feeling, when you put it in that perspective. But then again, you look at it and we still have half a season to go. So you canít really let that feeling take over you and think that thatís how itís going to be. Because if you do, then chances are thatís how itís going to end up. But with eight games to go, anything can happen.

This Texans team sounds defeated. Like theyve been pushed around and are now trying to mentally validate themselves. "Theres still half a season" sounds like someone convincing themsevles theres even a reason to play.

And I know this is probably stupid, and he's just being realistic, but its always depressing when a player on a team has already conceded the superbowl away.

I know we are sitting at 3-5 and the Pats are 8-0 and the colts are 7-0, but to already give 1 of them the superbowl, to basically say "we have no chance of making it," is the exact mentality that our players are famous for
Old 11-02-2007   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Enjoyed the read. Thanks
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read