Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-02-2007   #1
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Jared Allen's mullet is source of his sampsonesque powers.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d803cfbbe

Quote:
Reporter: ...Does this feel pretty good though, that you've come through all that stuff, that you've kept your nose down and kept playing football and done the deal?
Allen: Definitely. I can't take credit for it. It's all the mullet, man. This thing has just absolutely been taking over my life... People are like, "Dang, look at that guy's hair, it is sweet! And that'll lull 'em to sleep, and I take advantage of 'em.
Reporter: ...So if you want to be successful--
Allen: Grow a mullet. Obviously. Because up here [motions to forehead], this says "success." And in the back, it says "party." I mean, which one do you want? Who's comin' to the table? They don't know.
transcript ripped from here

awesome.
Old 11-02-2007   #2
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jared Allen's mullet is source of his sampsonesque powers.

Holy crap.

I can't honestly imagine A) growing a mullet B) bragging on the mullet C) actually citing the old "business in the front, party in the rear" line.

I'm stunned.

Me, glad I no longer live in KC if for no other reason than this.
Old 11-02-2007   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Holy crap.

I can't honestly imagine A) growing a mullet B) bragging on the mullet C) actually citing the old "business in the front, party in the rear" line.

I'm stunned.

come on... it was awesome.
Old 11-02-2007   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

pretty epic.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #5
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142254 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Holy crap.

I'm stunned.

Did you watch the video? It's hilarious! Obviously this guy is not taking himself seriously, he's having a bit of self-effacing fun.

Just watch the video.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #6
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Quote:
Because up here [motions to forehead], this says "success." And in the back, it says "party." I mean, which one do you want? Who's comin' to the table? They don't know.
as far as i'm concerned this is the NFL's Quote of the Year.
Old 11-02-2007   #7
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Did you watch the video? It's hilarious! Obviously this guy is not taking himself seriously, he's having a bit of self-effacing fun.

Just watch the video.
Nah. I can't watch the video from work. So said, my response was apparently as tongue in cheek as his video was.

Me, needing to be a little less dry.

(but I still can't imagine growing a mullet)
Old 11-02-2007   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i have a whitemanfro right now, this inspires me to form it into a mullet.
Old 11-02-2007   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I briefly considered it (growing a mullet) but my wife put a stop to that nonsense right away. She has plenty of practice doing that after ten years of stopping every hint of interest in getting a tattoo dead in it's tracks. There will be no ink and no mullets in my house. The wife has spoken and if she ain't happy then nobody's happy at my house.

The thing about a mullet is that only one in a million guys can pull it off. This guy doesn't but he gets close and that's what makes everyone else think it's possible. For most of us however it's not. We'll grow one and be exactly like that guy everybody makes fun of for wearing a mullet.
Old 11-02-2007   #10
drewmar74
disgruntled

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
If you decide to go for it, post some pics or maybe a courtroom artist's rendering.
Old 11-02-2007   #11
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Quote:
if you have a fro, then may i recommend this hair style?

Old 11-02-2007   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

been there, done that.
Old 11-02-2007   #13
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Quote:
been there, done that.
oh snap. did women throw their panties and bras at you unremittingly? did you get laid (or at least propositioned by women of loose moral fiber) like 30,000 times per day?

do tell.
Old 11-02-2007   #14
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Back in '88 and '89 I had the Patrick Swayze Roadhouse Mullet. I didn't have super human strength, but I was close.

I was slaying all over Northwest Austin back then. I would have gotten more if I had a wardrobe of Body Glove tank tops and a Camaro with an Ultra-Hot sticker.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
oh snap. did women throw their panties and bras at you unremittingly? did you get laid (or at least propositioned by women of loose moral fiber) like 30,000 times per day?

do tell.
30,000 on a bad day.
Old 11-02-2007   #16
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

While I was in the UK mullets were a popular hairstyle, especially in Wales. I don't have any clue why. We even begin referring to it as the "Welsh mullet".

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #17
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Jared Allen is the man.
Old 11-02-2007   #18
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
if you have a fro, then may i recommend this hair style?

gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #19
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You cant go wrong here.

bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #20
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hear he's writing the league to propose players are able to wear cut-off jean shorts with their uniform too...
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read