Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2007   #1
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Austin rumour bout Kubes!

Some of our local sports talk radio dj's are speculating thet Kubes will take over at A & M after they fire Fran this year.
I dont buy it, just think the local Boys lovers are wishing some Texan controversy.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #2
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Austin rumour bout Kubes!

PLEASE let it be true....
Old 11-02-2007   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

If it were true, I can't say I'd be happy about it; but, right now, I can't really say I care either. This organization is just sick somehow. It may be that the more changes occur the better.

Nothing against Kubes, but here's a thought:

Marcianno for HC. Only coach to be consistently successful since this organization's inception. Maybe sometimes you just gotta promote those who deserve it and let "petigrees" and such go fly a kite.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Hilarious!!

First Kubiak isn't going anywhere.
Second, my criticism of Kubiak would be the teams lack of intensity & preparedness - which needs to be corrected ASAP!!
With that said, I remember a coach who took over a sub-par team, and in his first two seasons as head coach went 8-24, then went on to win 3 Super Bowls in his final 4 years...

Quit drinking the HatorAid
Old 11-02-2007   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I might be willing to forgive him if he gets us 3 Superbowls.

I'll have to think about it....pout, pout, sniff.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #6
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard some of that talk when I was in Austin. Seems like they keep bringing up Kubes when they talk about possible replacements for Coach Fran.

The 2 DJ's in Austin that actually follow the Texans keep shooting this rumor down. They say that A&M already had their chance to get him and he has his ideal job right now.

Just a bunch of speculation IMO.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153912 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

This is not a new rumor and I thought had been shot down by several "experts". Me as a non-expert thinks Kubes needs to improve and will. I do not see him going anywhere. Another good draft with a couple solid pick ups in FA and some guys coming off IR should make a very interesting 2008. On a side note, I do not think McKinney is finished. He looked very good before getting injured and played avg last season while hurt. That in itself (injuries) may have team looking at another starter (White?) but Steve M will be on team, probably as back up C/G.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2007   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Please, please make the rumors come true so we can get Kubiak out of here
and somebody else in who can finally have some success in getting my team
turned around and going in the right direction !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah... That makes a whole lot of sense. Fire a coach who's cleaning up 4 years of the C&C factory - only a year and a half into his tenure... Perfect. Who's next Rick Smith? I mean afterall, he's had a year and half to revamp the entire roster....
Old 11-02-2007   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87841 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Most Aggies I know seem to think they are getting Tommy Tuberville from Auburn.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #11
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Successful college coaches need to have some degree of salesmanship in their personality.

For some reason, I don't see that in Kubes' skill set. His personality is better suited to an NFL job.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Yeah... That makes a whole lot of sense. Fire a coach who's cleaning up 4 years of the C&C factory - only a year and a half into his tenure... Perfect. Who's next Rick Smith? I mean afterall, he's had a year and half to revamp the entire roster....
I agree! I find it amazing how people can give up on a coach after a season and a half. The guy doesn't even have all the players he wants yet. Rick Smith even reiterated that before the season started.

Give Sherman the Aggie position and Richard Smith a special teams position at a Junior High in Alaska.
Old 11-02-2007   #13
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

The Texans organisation will never be as lucky as to loose Kubiak and get a real coach im afraid were stuck with Kubiak for the remainder of the contract he signed.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #14
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We're only at the half-way mark in the season and we already have threads
up about the Draft ! Sound familiar ?
Kubiak has had 2 full-cyles (Drafts & free agencys), and if he finishes this season with a grand total of 4 or 5 wins (which I think is a real possibility) that's a step backwards. I hope I'm wrong, hope he wins this weekend, but I don't have a good feeling about it.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Most Aggies I know seem to think they are getting Tommy Tuberville from Auburn.
Shhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Old 11-02-2007   #16
ActualTexan
upright biped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
The 2 DJ's in Austin that actually follow the Texans keep shooting this rumor down.
Who? You can't be talking about Clements and Ward, aren't they Cowboys fans?
ActualTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
We're only at the half-way mark in the season and we already have threads
up about the Draft ! Sound familiar ?
Kubiak has had 2 full-cyles (Drafts & free agencys), and if he finishes this season with a grand total of 4 or 5 wins (which I think is a real possibility) that's a step backwards. I hope I'm wrong, hope he wins this weekend, but I don't have a good feeling about it.
I am sure the Cowgirls fans were saying the same thing when Johnson took over the team and they went 1-15 which was worse than the season before he took over... Granted in his second year he went 7-9, but I still think the Texans can reach the 8-8 mark this year..

If people thought there would be an instant turn-around, well they just set themselves up for dissapointment. The current regime has done pretty well, when it comes to dumping the dead weight left over from the C&C factory. This offseason, with finally some room under the cap, the Texans can be players in the FA market. That coupled with another decent draft, and this team is markedly better than this season.

As far as (2) full drafts, I think thats over-stated. Sure he was here prior to the draft in 2006, but he hadn't been here very long. I am sure he had some input, but probably not to the extent suggested by saying "2 full cycles". Besides that, the overall drafts have been decent.
Old 11-02-2007   #18
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Tom Landry had a personality rating of somewhere near zero, and that worked out pretty well for the cowboys if my memory serves me correctly.

For chrissakes Texans fans! Let's give these two some time and quit nitpicking on things we don't like about them. They were upfront at the start of the season about this team being a ways from where they want it to be, and as painful as it is to wait, we are definitely headed in the correct direction.
Old 11-02-2007   #19
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I haven't been posting as much cause of "the sky is falling" type posts. We always have high hopes at the beginning of the season and this year for the first two games our hopes seemed justified. We are now waking up with the knowledge that the koolaid that we've been drinking was laced with LSD and the first two games were hallucinations. Now we have to hope for flashbacks.....ha ha

Firing Kubiak is not going to stop players from fumbling or blowing coverage or tripping as they try to jump on a high snap in the endzone. Turnovers have KILLED us this year and last time I checked Kubiak has had 0 turnovers on his stat sheet for quite a few years.

I think Kube is starting to realize that if someone isn't pulling their weight he needs to try something else. He knows he can't give everyone the same type of time that Carr got or he'll be gone in no time. Hopefully the days of digging in sand are over.

He'll find the right combination of players and when it works, I have a feeling it will payoff big.

Keep the faith my fellow Texans fans. The hurt will make victory that much sweeter or kill us before it happens.....ha ha
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Glad to see you back Twitch... But I hear you!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read