Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2007   #1
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Flanagan

is needed!

I understand all the frustration about the line.
Please let me say that I have had the opportunity to review each of the 8 games we played for at least 10 hours each.

Whether it's McKinney or Flanagan, both of them were most solid than the rest.

In fact, I don't think I can grade a single play from Flanagan last week as bad. (It may look bad on the surface a few times.)

I would not count on Chris White to be able to perform as well as either one of them.
It would be incredible if he can, then he can be the best center the Texans ever had!
Sorry, I think it will be hard to do.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Flanagan

Uh-oh 76..... I'm starting to feel some flamage!!!
Old 11-01-2007   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Uh-oh 76..... I'm starting to feel some flamage!!!
Hey, I'm ready!
Old 11-01-2007   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Hey, I'm ready!
But you strategically posted it at this time of the day, when activity slows down for a little while... Nice move!!
Old 11-01-2007   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
But you strategically posted it at this time of the day, when activity slows down for a little while... Nice move!!
On the other hand, it gives time for people to do some research!
Old 11-01-2007   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow.

You are a glutton for punishment.

Good luck with THAT opinion....
Old 11-01-2007   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Wow.

You are a glutton for punishment.

Good luck with THAT opinion....
Can you start? While you're on?
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Flanagan is fat, slow, un-athletic and did I mention old.....
Old 11-01-2007   #9
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Rep coming your way for funniness Mr. Flanagan. Don't forget to oil up your roller skates for Warren Sapp this weekend.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can you start? While you're on?
Yes, I can start on the offensive line for the Texans. But I don't think that's what you're asking.

2006: McKinney takes over, and our run game (with Ron Dayne) was better.

2007 1st two games: McKinney at center for first two games, and the run game was working.

2007 after 1st two games: McKinney out, and Flanagan starts at center...run game and all other facets of offense go into the witness protection program.

Nuff said.

No need to review tape. No need to dig deep. It is what it is.
Old 11-01-2007   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

I'll give you old, but he's still somewhat like Munchak and Matthews! I think he has less physical presence than both of them, but he's still very effective. Oh, and he's better than Vlade Divac flopping. Divac flops very well. Flanagan makes the best use out of his capability. (My observation, not my opinion! )
Old 11-01-2007   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Mike Flanagan puts the 'offensive' in offensive line....
Old 11-01-2007   #13
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yes, I can start on the offensive line for the Texans. But I don't think that's what you're asking.

2007 1st two games: McKinney at center for first two games, and the run game was working.

2007 after 1st two games: McKinney out, and Flanagan starts at center...run game and all other facets of offense go into the witness protection program.

Nuff said.

Please give the proof, and I mean it honestly.
Old 11-01-2007   #14
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll give you old, but he's still somewhat like Munchak and Matthews! I think he has less physical presence than both of them, but he's still very effective. Oh, and he's better than Vlade Divac flopping. Divac flops very well. Flanagan makes the best use out of his capability. (My observation, not my opinion! )
Did you steal Martina Hingis' stash?
Old 11-01-2007   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Mike Flanagan puts the 'offensive' in offensive line....
He doesn't look pretty. Often times, he's flat on the ground, but I'll tell ya he's effective. More so than the rest of the O-line.
Old 11-01-2007   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Did you steal Martina Hingis' stash?
Facts, not fiction, nor sensational media please. Thank you!
Old 11-01-2007   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Nuff said.

And yes, I did studied last year's output as well as this year.

I also took into account Hodgdon at Center, Flanny at Center & McKinney at Guard, as well as the injury updates (much as I can, to all aspects.)

In consideration of what team we play, whether they are a good run defensive team or otherwise, the schedule and timing, and so forth. Honestly, I really try to be a student of the game and to learn and love it and appreciate it instead of.... "whatever", ya know!
Old 11-01-2007   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Please give the proof, and I mean it honestly.
Look, I see where you're coming from: Optimism.

We all, from time to time, like to think that something is not nearly as bad as it is. It keeps "hope alive," so to speak.

But I'm not playing along. Not this time.

When you smell a fart, and then it suddenly is gone...it stands to reason that the wind blew it away. I don't need to research it.

Salaam is another stalwart on the oline who also stinks...the guy is atrocious. If he isn't missing the blitzer while attempting to help the LG double team HIS man, he's holding or false starting at all the wrong time. Or, he gets bulldozed and pancaked.

The only guy I see contributing on a consistent basis is Winston. All the other old guys need to go. Today.

Sorry if that's not what you're looking for. But I bet it's going to be the best analysis you'll receive in this entire thread. Cuz I see nothing but a steady stream of grief for you with the other posters on this topic.
Old 11-01-2007   #19
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Look, I see where you're coming from: Optimism.

We all, from time to time, like to think that something is not nearly as bad as it is. It keeps "hope alive," so to speak.

But I'm not playing along. Not this time.

When you smell a fart, and then it suddenly is gone...it stands to reason that the wind blew it away. I don't need to research it.

Salaam is another stalwart on the oline who also stinks...the guy is atrocious. If he isn't missing the blitzer while attempting to help the LG double team HIS man, he's holding or false starting at all the wrong time. Or, he gets bulldozed and pancaked.

The only guy I see contributing on a consistent basis is Winston. All the other old guys need to go. Today.

Sorry if that's not what you're looking for. But I bet it's going to be the best analysis you'll receive in this entire thread. Cuz I see nothing but a steady stream of grief for you with the other posters on this topic.
We can discuss other guys too. Winston was good at the start (I sang him upon my obersvations). He's not doing so well the last four games. He was rather bad this last game, too!
Old 11-01-2007   #20
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Mr. Flannagan has gotten his butt whipped bad the last two weeks .

Just think what would have happened if the Chargers all world NT would have played .

Center is on my wish list for Christmas in April .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read