Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2007   #41
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Florence fined $15,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Lol. You sure came under a lot of fire for the title of the post.

I thought it was a very well written neutral story.
That she did. Maybe she should add a sentence to the the beginning that says "The NFL cares more about players wearing the right clothes then about taking another players head off."
Old 11-02-2007   #42
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
That she did. Maybe she should add a sentence to the the beginning that says "The NFL cares more about players wearing the right clothes then about taking another players head off."
AOL FanHouse is the #1 Sports Blog on the internet. When you get a lot of the general public reading your stuff, a certain segment is going to be reading comprehension impaired.

FWIW, I like writing the stories, but I hate writing the headlines. Always have a hard time finding something that fits the stories but also will show up in google searches easily.

BTW, click on the link below if you want to ever read my latest stuff. Or just bookmark it. I write mostly Texans stuff, though they have me branch out to write other things.
Old 11-02-2007   #43
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Really. Florence can pass the hat around the locker room and collect that easily. Didn't Sapp once get fined $50K for bumping into a ref? Very weak. Why wouldn't the Colts and Pats turn this week's big game into the Bounty Bowl?

Way to send a message, Roger.
Bounty Bowl? No baby that's going to be the Cowgirls & Evils game. Roy "Horse-collar" Williams (Who incidentally has NEVER been flagged for a horse-collar tackle eventhough he's the reason for the rule and still does them) will get a cheap shot in on one of the Eagles then Philly's Defense will respond three-fold and it'll turn into a blood bath. If Miss Romo, Mr Jones and Mr Owens DON'T limp or hobble away from Sunday's game I'll be amazed.
The Colts and Pats will try to see who plays the "prettier" game. The hits won't be that intense.
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #44
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
Bounty Bowl? No baby that's going to be the Cowgirls & Evils game. Roy "Horse-collar" Williams (Who incidentally has NEVER been flagged for a horse-collar tackle eventhough he's the reason for the rule and still does them) will get a cheap shot in on one of the Eagles then Philly's Defense will respond three-fold and it'll turn into a blood bath. If Miss Romo, Mr Jones and Mr Owens DON'T limp or hobble away from Sunday's game I'll be amazed.
The Colts and Pats will try to see who plays the "prettier" game. The hits won't be that intense.
I don't know about that. I really think that Bob's trying to say something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders
"If you hit somebody hard enough, they will give up," Bob Sanders says. "You can feel their body go limp and they'll just surrender. So every time I hit somebody, the goal is to knock myself out. I know that if I hit somebody hard enough that I can feel it, it's hurting them 10 times worse."
Old 11-03-2007   #45
Jewel
Rookie

I'm a Colt's fan and I'll have to agree with everyone else here, I'm sure if Peyton or Brady got a hit like that the offending player would also be ejected from the game and fined at least $50,000. Florence should have been suspended and fined a minimum of $75,000 in my opinion, it was about one of the dirtiest hits I've ever seen on a QB. It made me sick to see Schaub go down, he's looking great and should only get better.
Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007   #46
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Looks like Stephs blog got hi-jacked by Spygate Trolls and her stalker...
Old 11-03-2007   #47
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

The fine should have been more IMO . I'm gad the league actually did something about this . I was beginning to think it was gonna be ignored . A hit like that could cost someone their career .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-03-2007   #48
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're wrong. Roy got flagged in the Bears game this year. He's not much of a cheap shot tackler other then the aforementioned banned tackling style..he's just a very hard hitter.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007   #49
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
You're wrong. Roy got flagged in the Bears game this year. He's not much of a cheap shot tackler other then the aforementioned banned tackling style..he's just a very hard hitter.
I respectfully disagree.

If you:

a. reaching into the other guy's jersey
b. grabbing him by the padding BENEATH the jersey in question

&

c. Slamming him to the ground with such force that he sustains serious injuries

and are doing this with SUCH FREQUENCY that the OTHER 31 TEAMS in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE institute a RULE against it, there is a good chance that many see you as a dirty player. I've seen him do it out of bounds more than once. Didn't Williams take Terrell Owens out for a few games two years ago with the aforementioned tackle?
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007   #50
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I respectfully disagree.

If you:

a. reaching into the other guy's jersey
b. grabbing him by the padding BENEATH the jersey in question

&

c. Slamming him to the ground with such force that he sustains serious injuries

and are doing this with SUCH FREQUENCY that the OTHER 31 TEAMS in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE institute a RULE against it, there is a good chance that many see you as a dirty player. I've seen him do it out of bounds more than once. Didn't Williams take Terrell Owens out for a few games two years ago with the aforementioned tackle?

Disagree if you want...it's just my opinion and he DID get flagged for that tackle in the Bears game. I never did like that type of tackling but I never have thought it dirty...Roy is a tremendous hitter but unforunately a very poor player in pass coverage. And the whole rule did come about because of the hit on T.O. That was the year the Eagles went to the Super Bowl and he worked like a warrior to get ready for that game. I don't consider Roy Williams a dirty player.
Old 11-03-2007   #51
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
Disagree if you want...it's just my opinion and he DID get flagged for that tackle in the Bears game. I never did like that type of tackling but I never have thought it dirty...Roy is a tremendous hitter but unforunately a very poor player in pass coverage. And the whole rule did come about because of the hit on T.O. That was the year the Eagles went to the Super Bowl and he worked like a warrior to get ready for that game. I don't consider Roy Williams a dirty player.
He got fined for that one time this year and one time last year.

They created the Roy Williams rule because 4 players, including TO, were injured after receiving horse collar tackles.
Old 11-03-2007   #52
WWJD
Hall of Fame

I think Roy's been fined a few times this year...but perhaps I'm wrong. I'm betting he was trailing some wide out or back and he just grabs.....old habits die hard and I guess he's a very slow learner. BTW I don't approve of that type of tackle but it's gotten so bad in football that it seems for the most part the defensive guys are handicapped.

I remember when they use to head slap and they took that away as well.

I do remember very well T.O. getting his ankle broken and how well he played in that Super Bowl.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read