Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2007   #21
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan left tackle 2008

honestly this is more likely the Texans have too many needs to use a high pick on bpa whoever is available. they need to find a trading partner & add picks/players who are definite upgrades over whats presently on the roster. Spencer coming back (bonus) or not (I'm going to leave that question up to them & the Texans doctors).

LT RB C CB FS LB DE

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007   #22
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
If we would have gone after Gather in the Sup. Draft like we should have, we wouldn't be having this problem. Sorry I know that it is too late to be crying about this, but it still erks me that we could have had him for our third rounder (there won't be anyone close to that talent when we draft this year).
We probably found out that he listens to rap music or something and took him off our draft board.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007   #23
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2678 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak said today that they are going to be working Frye as a guard. He had been a tackle. He also said that Rashad Butler has looked great in practice and that he'll be suiting up as the swing tackle.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #24
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
...He also said that Rashad Butler has looked great in practice and that he'll be suiting up as the swing tackle.
Here's an interesting piece from the Charlotte Observer's blog on Rashad Butler. With the all the negative comments pointed at the Texans medical staff (and probably deservedly so), it's nice to see that they got something right.

Quote:
Remember Rashad Butler?

He's the offensive tackle the Panthers wasted a third-round pick on last season. They hung onto him last year and quietly urged him to bulk up. That never really happened and the Panthers released him in training camp.

He's surfaced in Houston and the Texans expect to activate him Sunday.

"He's come a long, long way," Texans coach Gary Kubiak told the Houston media. "I expect to go into the game with him as our swing tackle. He's been that good in practice."

So how did Butler go from a bust to a steal in such a short time?

It turns out there's a lot more to his story.

Butler revealed to the Houston media that he has ulcerative colitis, which would explain his inability to keep weight on. Butler said the illness was first diagnosed after he went home to Florida following June workouts with the Panthers. Butler said he advised the Panthers of his condition when he reported to training camp, but he still had trouble keeping his weight up.

He began taking medication (seven pills each morning), but said he didn't really start to get relief until after he signed with the Texans.

"Soon as I went to the doctor out here, he attacked it a lot stronger than it was attacked when I was at home or in Carolina," Butler said. "Once he talked to me and everything, I kind of knew I was going to be on the rebound upward and everything."

Butler said he's added about 15 pounds and said last year was a miserable experience.

"Oh, man, it was hard because I just didn't have energy, really didn't have any strength," Butler said. "I mean, I was losing weight daily. At one time, I got down to about like 275, 270 -- you can't play O-line at that weight. I haven't been 270 since I want to say maybe like junior year in high school or whatever.

"So I mean it was hard practicing, (getting) real tired easily, but I'm happy I got it under control now because that's something I don't want any athlete to ever go through."

Kubiak said Butler has earned the respect of the coaches and his new teammates and that's why he'll be active this week.

"The kid was very light," Kubiak said. "... He's out here playing extremely well in practice. Our players want him up. They want him up because of the way he's practicing, so he'll get his chance this week. He'll be up."
Old 11-02-2007   #25
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
If we would have gone after Gather in the Sup. Draft like we should have, we wouldn't be having this problem. Sorry I know that it is too late to be crying about this, but it still erks me that we could have had him for our third rounder (there won't be anyone close to that talent when we draft this year).
The only bad actor guy the Texan have ever gone after was T.J. And the only reason they drafted him is was because C.C. got caught with his pants down. Now a bi polar guy doesn't bother me that much. He's having his best year so far.

The Texan's said they were desperate but not that desperate to take a chance on Gaithers attitude changing. Time will tell if it was a mistake or not. This GM likes to save his move up ammo. I'm all for that. Go draft the Dunbar King kid out of Auburn in the forth this draft. Basically the same thing. A big package you hope will grow up into a man.
Old 11-03-2007   #26
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Here's an interesting piece from the Charlotte Observer's blog on Rashad Butler. With the all the negative comments pointed at the Texans medical staff (and probably deservedly so), it's nice to see that they got something right.
Very good story that deserves it's own thread Lucky. Let's hope this guy turns into something. Sad to hear about all the trouble that he had, but now that he has it figured out we might have really found ourselves something.
Old 11-03-2007   #27
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
We've got some guys who hang around this Board who say Winston is more of a LT than a RT because he's athletic, he's more of a finesse type than the
more power type players who tend to play on the strong-side (right) side of the OLine. And they campaign regularly for him to be moved to LT next year.
Well I'm sitting here watching the Pittsburg kid play vs Syracuse. He gave up a sack one play in the game on a game with a linebacker blitz. Then the next play he destroys a speed rush. After huge punt return, he makes a crushing block at the point of attack to spring a fourteen yard run. So there's more than one way to do it. Kick Erick outside to the left and draft a brut like Utah for a RT, a high end right tackle who'll put three yards on the board everytime you call rush to the right, that might work. Winston's knee has had two years to heal. I don't give a darn how they rebuild it. But it's gotta be done. They can't stand pat on the tallent they have on the roster for '08. Someone says they can they are excepting another losing season before they get started.
Going with the colittis guys just doesn't do it for me. They've all been pain in the butt for the last three years.
Old 11-03-2007   #28
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Well I'm sitting here watching the Pittsburg kid play vs Syracuse. He gave up a sack one play in the game on a game with a linebacker blitz. Then the next play he destroys a speed rush. After huge punt return, he makes a crushing block at the point of attack to spring a fourteen yard run. So there's more than one way to do it. Kick Erick outside to the left and draft a brut like Utah for a RT, a high end right tackle who'll put three yards on the board everytime you call rush to the right, that might work. Winston's knee has had two years to heal. I don't give a darn how they rebuild it. But it's gotta be done. They can't stand pat on the tallent they have on the roster for '08. Someone says they can they are excepting another losing season before they get started.
Going with the colittis guys just doesn't do it for me. They've all been pain in the butt for the last three years.
It seems the Texans are looking for steals on the OL . Kinda like going to the dollar store for filet mignon .

The problem with the Texans is , they really need help at DB , OL , and RB like yesterday . So who do you pick with your #1 pick .
Old 11-03-2007   #29
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
It seems the Texans are looking for steals on the OL . Kinda like going to the dollar store for filet mignon .

The problem with the Texans is , they really need help at DB , OL , and RB like yesterday . So who do you pick with your #1 pick .
BPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007   #30
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
BPA
Dorsey from LSU ?
Old 11-03-2007   #31
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 166542 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

Do note that the doctor treating the ulcerative colitis would be an internist...........The Texans' "trauma/ortho" surgeons are the one's who would be caring for the other players whose care we've questioned.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #32
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

A defensive lineman might be picked #1. It's happened before.

Last edited by nut; 11-04-2007 at 08:29 PM.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read