Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-31-2007   #41
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dunta-Is this true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I can't possibly see where the Texans are stupid enough to let him go. I just don't see it. He'll get a big fat signing bonus and be here for a while longer. Dunta is good for us, be he ain't the best in the league. There are better corners than him. But for us, he's invaluable.
I dunno if they would let him go, but he may be unwilling to stay.
Dunta is a powerful little guy - on the field and off of it. And he would be the type who management wouldn't want to try to push around. That guy marchs
to a different drummer, and if he set is mind to leave when he is a FA and negotiate a deal with another team, a playoff contender, I don't think the Texans would try to push D-Rob around. You know that wouldn't be a good stradegy. But they can make it awfully temping for him to stay, financailly speaking.
But he's not only my favorite player, he's my favorite personality on the team.
By the way, you couldn't have somebody Mario's size playing like Dunta Robinson. You'd have to ban him from the league - he's 100 lbs bigger than D-Rob.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #42
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Franchise Tag .................................................. ....

D'oh
yup, Spec wins. Dunta doesnt have a choice. He can hold out and demand a trade but if he was franchise'd he would get huge money and I don't know if he could turn all that down just to force a trade. Samuel did a similar thing to the Patriots this year and ended up getting his money and got re-signed.
Old 10-31-2007   #43
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The networks pay big money for the rights to NFL games. And both the Pats and Colts are AFC teams, which are the domain of CBS. The network has as much right to this game as anyone under the current agreements.

The bigger question is why didn't the NFL set this one up from the point of scheduling last Spring to be a primetime game.

And for the record, NFLN is hyping this one as much, if not more, than ESPiN.
I think this revolves around the flex scheduling idea.

It's one thing for a network to pick all games 6 months in advance and carry the risk of a rating bombs, but to wait and cherry pick 10 days before?

What I am saying is, Fox and CBS needed a little love in order to agree to the flex schedule. That is my opinion though.

But, we have heard about this type of stuff for several years now. That's probably why. Otherwise, the good games would always get picked over. The day games need some big rating hitters from time to time, this is one of them!

It's no secret the Networks, cable providers, satellite TV providers, and the NFL have their issues with figuring things out distributing games via TV/Internet. This is one of those things and perplexing to fans.

What works for the fans may not be doable from the businesses listed above. Perfect example, DirectTV and the Sunday Ticket. Great article on espn.com about that whole issue with an historical perspective.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #44
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
yup, Spec wins. Dunta doesnt have a choice. He can hold out and demand a trade but if he was franchise'd he would get huge money and I don't know if he could turn all that down just to force a trade. Samuel did a similar thing to the Patriots this year and ended up getting his money and got re-signed.
Dunta does have a choice!

He goes through his contract and either takes the 1 year franchise contract or doesn't play. He can come in about week 10, get full credit for a season and become an unrestricted free agent. He may have to do that 2 years though.

Point is, all Dunta has to do is not sign a contract, play under the 1 year franchise contract stuff and at some point he becomes an unrestricted free agent. The Texans can't make him sign a long-term deal, but can make it painful to get out!

If he plays really hard ball, the Texans might just trade him somewhere so they can get some value out of Dunta. It is kind of scortched Earth, but if he is really pissed and thinks things are going no where anyway playing for the Texans, what does he have to lose? Absolutely NOTHING!!!

Just watch, this can start to get real interesting in the offseason.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #45
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Samuel did a similar thing to the Patriots this year and ended up getting his money and got re-signed.
Samuel only signed the one year franchise tender and with the agreement he would not be franchised next year.
Old 10-31-2007   #46
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
It's not like Mario's play isn't like totally obviously milquetoast except for the pollyanna fans perhaps.
I was going to say, "the players see Mario play too".

I'm sure Dunta isn't the only one that thinks Mario isn't near as good as a first rounder should be, much less a #1 pick.
Old 10-31-2007   #47
Baga21
Rookie

From everything I've seen and heard from Dunta Robinson, he just doesn't seem to be the type of guy to want to leave so badly that he would turn down a top shelf offer from the Texans just to bolt to a different team.

I know he is the most frustrated Texan about the losing and has continued to call out his team, but that just tells me he is too invested in this team to just sit around and watch what he feels is a talented team go to waste. He is a Texan first and I just feel he wants to be here and be a main component of the team when it finally does turn the corner.

I may be way off here, but I just don't see him bolting for greener pastures when the team is really not too far off from winning football.
Baga21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-31-2007   #48
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baga21 View Post
From everything I've seen and heard from Dunta Robinson, he just doesn't seem to be the type of guy to want to leave so badly that he would turn down a top shelf offer from the Texans just to bolt to a different team.
If you think you have a feel for D-Rob, then you must realize that if there is one player on this team who would pass up guaranteed money to have the opportunity to negotiate in free agency to play for a winner/play in the playoffs, its Dunta Robinson.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #49
Baga21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
If you think you have a feel for D-Rob, then you must realize that if there is one player on this team who would pass up guaranteed money to have the opportunity to negotiate in free agency to play for a winner/play in the playoffs, its Dunta Robinson.
I do realize that as well. This is why I said I may be way off...

It's just my opinion from what I've seen/heard from this proud man from day 1 of arriving in Houston.
Baga21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #50
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer

what was his thoughts last week giving up the 2 pass plays that set the titans winning field goal. was he as blunt about his play as he is about others.

just saying that his first year 6 picks, two and a half seasons later 5 more, would he say he has under performed his expectations since then.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #51
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
what was his thoughts last week giving up the 2 pass plays that set the titans winning field goal. was he as blunt about his play as he is about others.

just saying that his first year 6 picks, two and a half seasons later 5 more, would he say he has under performed his expectations since then.
You said what I was thinking. He gave up 2 big pass plays in the Titans game and the last one set them up for the game winning field goal after a Huge comeback in the fourth Quarter. We'd be sitting at 4 - 4 and not 3 and 5 right now.
Old 10-31-2007   #52
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
You can say "Mario is doing some good things and we see improvement when we watch the tape but has a long ways to go" and this still represents needing improvement and not exaggerating his play.....a mildly upbeat disappointment. I'll take that over the b.s.

As far as the game. I thought about buying it since I have Direct TV but I'm not sure.
u have to have sunday ticket with direct tv
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #53
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

on the titans game, dunta took the blame.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #54
junior
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 junior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famerjunior is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
on the titans game, dunta took the blame.
but was he as hard on himself about underperforming the last 2 and a half years as he is on everyone else.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #55
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Not physically but mentally, yep, he sure can.

Also, IIRC, he only has two years left on this contract. Given his play, he'll warrent a pretty good size contract. If I were him and the Texans are in the same shape then as they are now, I would probably back off a bit and save my body for my next team and my next contract. Remember, a player's body is his product and no one buys broken products.

I know some of y'all won't like hearing that but it is a fact of life in the NFL.
Thats why we need to resign him this off season. We have a big chunk of money and some of that should be used to resign our best DB.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #56
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta is to the extent of me to an expective but you all know that I say whats on my mind and thats what he does also. So its all to thegood to me. Go ahead dog.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #57
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

What more can be said about Dunta he has no fear in management the reason being he know's he's good. i love the fact that he called out mario but honestly i pretty much convinced myself and accepted that mario is just and will always be a combine warrior that casserly fell in love with.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007   #58
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
but was he as hard on himself about underperforming the last 2 and a half years as he is on everyone else.
EVERYONE underperforms on losing teams. D.Rob has been as blunt about himself as anyone else. It's called accountability, which seems to be severely lacking with many players on this team.
Old 11-01-2007   #59
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

In Corpus Christi CBS has chosen to show the Colts/Pats game instead of the Texans so I don't even have a choice.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007   #60
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
You said what I was thinking. He gave up 2 big pass plays in the Titans game and the last one set them up for the game winning field goal after a Huge comeback in the fourth Quarter. We'd be sitting at 4 - 4 and not 3 and 5 right now.
Dunta had near perfect coverage on that play & Collins put the ball exactly where it had to be.

Dunta got beat deep but he did everything right. Sometimes (especially in Houston sports) the other guys just have more luck than you do.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read