Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-31-2007   #21
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dunta-Is this true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
And our head coach. He seems to act like Mario is doing a great job and the rest of us are just ignorant in our expectations.

While I don't expect our HC to throw anyone under the bus, I also don't expect him to put sprinkles on a turd and tell us it's a Little Debbie snack cake.

Things had better turn around, because people are going to leave this team (and not just the fans!). D.Rob is a dude that has a will to win, and if not here, then we will see him in a Colts or Pats uni before we know it. That'll be a sad day when one of our best players bolts because we consistently suck.

As far as the Colts/Pats game, I guess I'm stuck watching the Texans. I'm not giving up time with my boy to hang out at a sports bar where I won't be able to concentrate and enjoy either game. I'll just have to catch it on NFL Replay.
You can say "Mario is doing some good things and we see improvement when we watch the tape but has a long ways to go" and this still represents needing improvement and not exaggerating his play.....a mildly upbeat disappointment. I'll take that over the b.s.

As far as the game. I thought about buying it since I have Direct TV but I'm not sure.
Old 10-31-2007   #22
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me start this by saying that I think Dunta is easily our best defensive player, and I shudder to think what the D would look like without him,,,

but,...

...I always get concerned when players start calling each other in public. I cannot decide if Dunta is trying to be aleader and motivate Mario or if he frustration is just boiling over. My issue is the "every play" crack, as I could easily see this causing alot of resentment within the locker room (espically in light of the end of the Tennesse game). This could also be a sign that Kubiak is on the verge of losing this team.

Don't get me wrong I like the fact that Dunta alsways speaks his mind, and I fully supported him in his comments about Carr last season. But the difference is that Dunta is making these comments in the middle of the season.

Then again maybe Dunta can do what John McClain cannot.

Just the thoughts that came to my mind when I read/heard the interview.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #23
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be very very very very very very very mad if Kubes runs Dunta off.
Old 10-31-2007   #24
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
No one has to hype it but ESPN is positive this is the superbowl.
Hell it could be better than the super bowl! The NFC's best is not even close to matching up with NE and or Indy! Dallas is a damn good NFC team and NE just demolished them. NE is playing what could be the best footbal anyone has playe din 10 years. Washington had a top 5 defense and NE just racked up 52 on them.

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #25
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Then again maybe Dunta can do what John McClain cannot.
I can guarantee you one thing...not one player in that locker room gives a rats booty about what McClain has to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
You can say "Mario is doing some good things and we see improvement when we watch the tape but has a long ways to go" and this still represents needing improvement and not exaggerating his play.....a mildly upbeat disappointment. I'll take that over the b.s.
Thats what he kept saying about Carr before he cut him last year.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #26
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't see anything negative here. Dunta isn't afraid to speak his mind, he's just an honest person. He's not dissing Mario, he is underperforming.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #27
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 470 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

By the way, ESPN is hyping the game and all, but why isn't this game the Monday Night game or the Sunday night game at the very least. That just doesn't make any sense to me.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-31-2007   #28
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I can guarantee you one thing...not one player in that locker room gives a rats booty about what McClain has to say.
a) I know

and

b) I'm glad

It was meant to be said tounge-in-check.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #29
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post
Can Dunta go before his contract is up?
Not physically but mentally, yep, he sure can.

Also, IIRC, he only has two years left on this contract. Given his play, he'll warrent a pretty good size contract. If I were him and the Texans are in the same shape then as they are now, I would probably back off a bit and save my body for my next team and my next contract. Remember, a player's body is his product and no one buys broken products.

I know some of y'all won't like hearing that but it is a fact of life in the NFL.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #30
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 3444 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think there is anything wrong with what Dunta said. He's earned the right to say that by playing the way he has. I also liked how he called out his team for not playing with enough intensity when interviewed after the last game. Somebody needs to light a fire under these guys, and I don't think the coaches are doing enough of that. I hope he doesn't leave, but I don't blame him if he does.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #31
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Not physically but mentally, yep, he sure can.

Also, IIRC, he only has two years left on this contract. Given his play, he'll warrent a pretty good size contract. If I were him and the Texans are in the same shape then as they are now, I would probably back off a bit and save my body for my next team and my next contract. Remember, a player's body is his product and no one buys broken products.

I know some of y'all won't like hearing that but it is a fact of life in the NFL.
Dunta's next contract lies in his game film...he wants a big contract so he will do what he needs to do to look good on film. That is the real fact of NFL life....he ain't gonna coast.

Old 10-31-2007   #32
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
By the way, ESPN is hyping the game and all, but why isn't this game the Monday Night game or the Sunday night game at the very least. That just doesn't make any sense to me.
The networks pay big money for the rights to NFL games. And both the Pats and Colts are AFC teams, which are the domain of CBS. The network has as much right to this game as anyone under the current agreements.

The bigger question is why didn't the NFL set this one up from the point of scheduling last Spring to be a primetime game.

And for the record, NFLN is hyping this one as much, if not more, than ESPiN.
Old 10-31-2007   #33
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't possibly see where the Texans are stupid enough to let him go. I just don't see it. He'll get a big fat signing bonus and be here for a while longer. Dunta is good for us, be he ain't the best in the league. There are better corners than him. But for us, he's invaluable.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #34
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
"Guys are coming after us. We need to come after them a little more," said defensive end N.D. Kalu. "It's almost like we're too nice out there."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3087111

Old 10-31-2007   #35
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta's been here since 2004 . In that time he's lost a lot more than he's won and if I were him , I would'nt use to much finese when describing the situation ... what are they going to do trade me to a worse team .

The problem is who'll be after Dunta ... Demeco ... is he going to get run off for saying something bad about an underperforming teamate .

I think this is a calculated risk on Dunta's part to right the ship . It's a risk of desperation though .
Old 10-31-2007   #36
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally love the way Dunta doesn't pull any punches, on the field or elsewhere.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #37
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4741 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm gonna miss Dunta when he signs with someone else.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #38
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
And our head coach. He seems to act like Mario is doing a great job and the rest of us are just ignorant in our expectations.

While I don't expect our HC to throw anyone under the bus, I also don't expect him to put sprinkles on a turd and tell us it's a Little Debbie snack cake.

Things had better turn around, because people are going to leave this team (and not just the fans!). D.Rob is a dude that has a will to win, and if not here, then we will see him in a Colts or Pats uni before we know it. That'll be a sad day when one of our best players bolts because we consistently suck.

As far as the Colts/Pats game, I guess I'm stuck watching the Texans. I'm not giving up time with my boy to hang out at a sports bar where I won't be able to concentrate and enjoy either game. I'll just have to catch it on NFL Replay.

In Austin, they are not showing the Raiders/Texans, they are going with Pats/Colts.

http://www.keyetv.com/entertainment/...s/default.aspx

I am glad I broke down and got the NFL Sunday ticket.
Old 10-31-2007   #39
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
I'm gonna miss Dunta when he signs with someone else.
Franchise Tag .................................................. ....

D'oh
Old 10-31-2007   #40
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55805 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard a good bit of Dunta's show yesterday. I have started to check it out more because he is very honest, and doesn't just spew out Craig Biggio style sound bites. I heard him pretty much call most of his teammates everything but the pillsbury dough boy. I mean he didn't come right out and say these guys are soft, but the inference was definetely there. I also remember him specifically saying that we have some young guys that need to get better NOW, and to hell with potential. He said he isn't getting any younger, and he's tired of waiting for these guys to pull their weight.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read